997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

PCM 3.0 Software Update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 07:52 PM
mstams is infamous around these parts
Any word on a software update for PDK? This thread reminded me of the rumor I'd heard before. Thought you might be in the know.

Old 05-15-2009, 08:09 AM
jfr0317 is infamous around these parts
Anyone else tried the PCM 3.0 update yet? Any feedback would be welcome.

Thanks.

Old 05-15-2009, 08:20 AM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
I did the upgrade on my commute to work this morning on a 2009 CTTS - no issues. I had seend some of the bugs (I only have 1700 miles) and frankly did not have much time to test. I did receive the message back the upgrade was successful. I purchased the CD from Suncoast.

Old 05-15-2009, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by SLATETT
I did the upgrade on my commute to work this morning on a 2009 CTTS - no issues. I had seend some of the bugs (I only have 1700 miles) and frankly did not have much time to test. I did receive the message back the upgrade was successful. I purchased the CD from Suncoast.
Thanks very much. Did your PCM retain its user-configurable settings after the update? I got the CD from Suncoast also and plan to install this weekend, and will write down my current settings prior to the upgrade if the PCM gets reset to default values.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:01 AM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
PCM seemed to remember all setting. All program XM stations were there .. the MPG, etc all seemed there.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by SLATETT
PCM seemed to remember all setting. All program XM stations were there .. the MPG, etc all seemed there.
Excellent! Thanks very much!

Old 05-18-2009, 10:48 PM
Bonerwall is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jfr0317
Anyone else tried the PCM 3.0 update yet? Any feedback would be welcome.

Thanks.
I had my 2009 C4S done last week at the local dealer (free of charge) and it now reads "Version V1.4" on the INFO page about the software. It retained all the user selectable settings (radio stations, presets, etc) and I noticed a few minor differances with the NAV Map display, but I really haven't noticed any big changes. I still continue to get occasional dropping of XM radio station reception for a few seconds (when direct line of sight should not be a problem), but other than that I haven't had any problems with PCM 3.0.

Old 05-20-2009, 02:47 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Bonerwall
I noticed a few minor differances with the NAV Map display
What are the differences. Care to take and post an image of the NAV display to show whats different (or just what it looks like post upgrade)?

Old 05-21-2009, 10:01 AM
cfos is infamous around these parts
Recently had the PCM "lose" my Nokia blue-tooth phone. Trying to negotiate an appointment with the dealer. Mentioned a software upgrade and they had no knowledge. May have to wait until the weekend, but will keep people posted.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:30 PM
Bonerwall is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Minok
What are the differences. Care to take and post an image of the NAV display to show whats different (or just what it looks like post upgrade)?
I have only noticed a few minor differences with the NAV Map display (I really haven't done a real thorough look at it yet): 1) Major roads/highways/Interstates are now displayed in red (vs yellow before), 2) XM NAV Traffic red, yellow, green lines are fully displayed along appropriate roads to indicate traffic flow, and 3) you can select a function that will indicate freeway exit points when you are on a large enough scale that would not normally show them. I am sure there are more but I haven't explored it much!

Old 05-22-2009, 12:22 PM
I still have an issue the PCM 3.0 v1.4 loosing connection to the USB drive. I will try another USB stick.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:56 PM
JohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud of
I have had the same issue with USB stick and iPod nano. At least the USB stick doesn't crash! I let my service guy know about the glitch today. Who knows if he will tell Porsche!

Old 05-27-2009, 02:50 PM
cfos is infamous around these parts
Dropped off my car on Tuesday. After suggesting that the car needed a software update a couple of times, I was finally told that my car, you guessed it -- needs a software update. The cd was supposed to be shipped to the dealership and was supposed to arrive today (which it didn't). Thankfully, I've been tooling around in an 09 Cayenne S loaner, although this car seems too bulky for my (and the Wife's) taste. I'm going to pick up my car soon and will have to bring it back when the cd finally arrives. So, still not update on the update.

Old 05-27-2009, 04:56 PM
Seems to me - spend the $12 and get the disc from Suncoast and do it yourself - your time and gas to the dealer is worth more than that.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:05 PM
997sRider is just really nice997sRider is just really nice997sRider is just really nice997sRider is just really nice997sRider is just really nice
is the disc that cheap?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PCM 3.0 Software Update