997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

PDK question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 02:04 PM
J.Seven is infamous around these parts
PDK question

Didnīt have the chance to test the PDK yet, so I would like to know if the PDK while downshifting makes heel & toe, reving a litlle bit between gears and make the sporty tipical sound we can hear on the Lambo e-gear or M5 gearbox!
Thanks in advance.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:50 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by J.Seven
Didnīt have the chance to test the PDK yet, so I would like to know if the PDK while downshifting makes heel & toe, reving a litlle bit between gears and make the sporty tipical sound we can hear on the Lambo e-gear or M5 gearbox!
Thanks in advance.
Definitely!

Old 05-06-2009, 05:17 PM
shuffles is infamous around these parts
I have some solid experience driving a Gallardo, and I can say that, no it does not make that little "blip" that you would hear in a lambo with it's e-gear tranny. It shifts too fast to hear any blips compared to the lambo, which actually is logically better, but we lose the blip between shifts. I had the E60 m5 also and it had the blip with it's SMG transmission between gears, but that also was presumably because it was a slower shift (longer time between gears). With the PDK, which you've probably read in other literature out there, 2nd gear is ready when 1st gear is engaged, 3rd is ready when 2nd is engaged, etc etc. It's an immediate shift, you don't even feel it unless you're in sport plus mode and it shifts at redline, even then the shift is super quick resulting in no blip.

Old 05-06-2009, 05:58 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by shuffles
I have some solid experience driving a Gallardo, and I can say that, no it does not make that little "blip" that you would hear in a lambo with it's e-gear tranny. It shifts too fast to hear any blips compared to the lambo, which actually is logically better, but we lose the blip between shifts. I had the E60 m5 also and it had the blip with it's SMG transmission between gears, but that also was presumably because it was a slower shift (longer time between gears). With the PDK, which you've probably read in other literature out there, 2nd gear is ready when 1st gear is engaged, 3rd is ready when 2nd is engaged, etc etc. It's an immediate shift, you don't even feel it unless you're in sport plus mode and it shifts at redline, even then the shift is super quick resulting in no blip.
There is rev matching when downshifting. You hear the engine revving up. It's a short blip because the engine revs quickly and the shift is very fast, but it's there.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:03 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Owned PDK since September 08....over 6000 miles 4 track days over 500 miles (I am an instructor) and I can tell you PDK ABSOLUTLY DOES REV MATCH. PDK blips the throttle when you down shift. It is a extremely fast and perfectly smooth rev match....simply awesome!

Old 05-07-2009, 02:56 AM
J.Seven is infamous around these parts
Thank you guys. shuffles I believe you didnīt understand what I mean, I was only asking for downshifting rev-match situations.

On any manual 2WD Porsche, itīs easy to have the wheels spinning and accelarating, sliding the rear end in first or second gear by just playing with the clucth, is it possible to do the same with PDK?

Old 05-11-2009, 03:58 AM
silk is infamous around these partssilk is infamous around these parts
Can't do much in a Tip :=(
You manual guys have more fun !!

Old 05-11-2009, 09:16 AM
m5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nice
Originally Posted by adias
There is rev matching when downshifting. You hear the engine revving up. It's a short blip because the engine revs quickly and the shift is very fast, but it's there.
Now only if I can hear it.... The engine and PDK are so smooth when you are driving hard...... I should have ordered the manual to really enjoy the car but traffic is all around in NYC..... Not to mention lack of maintained roads....