997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Champion Motorsports -Florida

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 08:58 AM
cibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the rough
In my own personal experience, Champion has always given me a far better deal than my local dealer. I spec'd out my 2006 Carrera S the way I wanted and Champion discounted $3k from the sticker price and gave me $5k more on my trade, as compared to my local dealer who did not want to deal at all even when I told them about the deal at Champion! They also let me keep all the Tequipment parts which included a full carbon fiber interior and the Aerokit from my 996 C4S (which was the car I was trading in) and I sold all that on eBay and got over $5k more. The deal with Champion allowed me to get a $13k benefit and my local dealer lost me then and there for what I thought forever. Now, I hope Champion pulls through this. I think maybe what hit them was too much overhead combined with a slow economy as I have only had good experiences with them when it comes to saving me money. The above example is just one of at least 3 deals I know of.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:58 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Cibergypsy
I bought four cars from Champion, two from Collection, on from Palm Beach . Champion has been fair and decent but they did not win my sale 7 out of 7 times .

Yet when I look at the priices of other regions I believe that the "good deal" has to get better. "3K off MSrp " which you quoted as being good is NOT good enough in todays economy .

As for bankrupcy . That's their business and whatever they lose or gain in any way I don't care . I do respect the sales and service staff . I don't think any of them are to blame and they face this even harder than a customer who walks out. They are good guys as seen by the empathy displayed in this thread .

Old 05-13-2009, 02:07 PM
cibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Cibergypsy
I bought four cars from Champion, two from Collection, on from Palm Beach . Champion has been fair and decent but they did not win my sale 7 out of 7 times .

Yet when I look at the priices of other regions I believe that the "good deal" has to get better. "3K off MSrp " which you quoted as being good is NOT good enough in todays economy .

As for bankrupcy . That's their business and whatever they lose or gain in any way I don't care . I do respect the sales and service staff . I don't think any of them are to blame and they face this even harder than a customer who walks out. They are good guys as seen by the empathy displayed in this thread .
yrralis1,

When I spoke about the $3k off the MSRP, I was referring to the end of 2005 when I placed the order for the car - a year in which the economy wasn't as it is now and a year in which my local dealer wouldn't give an inch. I don't know why you said, and I quote, ""3K off MSrp " which you quoted as being good is NOT good enough in todays economy" as if I would think it would be a good deal nowadays when I NEVER made any such statement. Besides, I also stated that they benefitted me about $13k when you take into account the $5k more they gave me in trade in plus the fact that my local dealer wanted all the Tequipment parts left in the car, whereas Champion told me I could take them out; I ended selling them on eBay and made more than $5k extra. Therefore, $3k off MSRP + $5k more in trade in + $5k more by selling Tequipment parts = $13k and that was in November, 2005. If that is not better than $0 off MSRP + $0 more in trade in + $0 more from Tequipment parts then I must live in another world.

As far as the bankruptcy is concerned - I don't care either about anyone's business. Again, where in my comments is that stated or implied? The only reason I wish they wouldn't go out of business is because I will probably never buy a car from my local dealer because of their policies (unless they have been made to see the light in today's economy) and, having had 3 positive experiences with them, I would have chosen them again even though they would have to earn my business, just like the previous 3 times. In each and every occasion in which I've dealt with them I've gotten the best deal out of all the other ones present at the time.

Last edited by cibergypsy; 05-13-2009 at 02:11 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:38 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
All kinds of companies go out of business every day for all kinds of reasons. I have no sympathy for them as it's how capitalism works. I do have sympathy for the employees, their families, the unsecured creditors and the common stockholders, if there were any, as these are the people who are most affected by the closing of a business. My hope is that the company can reorganize, put their employees back to work and attempt to make their suppliers whole again. Economies run on the dollars of working people, if people aren't working we have no economy.

Old 05-13-2009, 03:57 PM
tejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud of
I started this thread because I was curious if anyone knew any facts about why a "premier" Porsche dealer went Chap. 11, as this certainly would have an impact on the more marginal dealers. I'm glad (really) to see that we've stimulated some spirited responses, so I'll throw in my 2 cents. 20 years ago the few Porsche dealers I had contact with truly "loved" and knew the product. 10 years ago our world had changed -- 996 production was double that of the Carrera 3.2, Boxters were all over the place, and the old line Porsche dealers were being replaced by 'Automobile" dealers and 'Automobile' salesman. We're now in a situation where Porsches are a commodity item and just like bran flakes it doesn't matter much where you buy them. Likewise with service; I know a couple of techs who can fix about anything, as they used to, but I hear about a bunch of them whose only expertise is how to replace stuff when the read outs tell them something is wrong. Those of you with significant business experience know that when your product becomes a commodity you better change your business model; my unsuccessful attempts to purchase a 997.2 tell me that the half dozen dealers (salesmen) I've tried to work with don't understand this and would rather blame things on the economy. I'd be happy to pay an extra 2-3% to a local if good service and perks were likely to follow; otherwise I'm a price shopper.

Last edited by tejoe; 05-13-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:00 PM
elh0102 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by tejoe
I started this thread because I was curious if anyone knew any facts about why a "premier" Porsche dealer went Chap. 11, as this certainly would have an impact on the more marginal dealers.
Go to their web site and review their inventory. Figure their vehicles are financed for invoice, and you can easily estimate their monthly interest bill. "Premier" dealer maybe, but I doubt they are generating the volume necessary to carry such a tremendous debt load. And that's just the cost of inventory, before any overhead or mortgage payments are made. Porsche has made better business decisions than our American companies (who hasn't?), so the manufacturer will be fine, but the dealerships are having a tough time.

Old 05-13-2009, 10:23 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
[quote=cibergypsy;2384043]yrralis1,

When I spoke about the $3k off the MSRP, I was referring to the end of 2005 when I placed the order for the car - a year in which the economy wasn't as it is now and a year in which my local dealer wouldn't give an inch. I don't know why you said, and I quote, ""3K off MSrp " which you quoted as being good is NOT good enough in todays economy" as if I would think it would be a good deal nowadays when I NEVER made any such statement. Besides, I also stated that they benefitted me about $13k when you take into account the $5k more they gave me in trade in plus the fact that my local dealer wanted all the Tequipment parts left in the car, whereas Champion told me I could take them out; I ended selling them on eBay and made more than $5k extra. Therefore, $3k off MSRP + $5k more in trade in + $5k more by selling Tequipment parts = $13k and that was in November, 2005. If that is not better than $0 off MSRP + $0 more in trade in + $0 more from Tequipment parts then I must live in another world.

quote]

Cibergypsy-

Your post focus is more on what a bad deal your local dealership did in comparison . Next to what they wrere offering just about anything looks better.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:17 AM
slant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura about
Remember that the average difference between MSRP and dealer cost on a 997 approaches 10 grand. That said, 3k off sticker in today's times isn't that great. What probably tipped the scales on Champion is their spanking new Audi dealership on US 441 and Sawgrass with zillions of unsold cars littering their lot..and I mean zillions !!!