997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Champion Motorsports -Florida

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 07:29 AM
tejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud of
Champion Motorsports -Florida

A couple of weeks ago I heard that Champion was in trouble, then last Thursday that they went Chap. 11, but just the Porsche and Audi dealership part. What's the scoop?

Old 05-12-2009, 07:37 AM
machina has a spectacular aura aboutmachina has a spectacular aura about
Old 05-12-2009, 07:46 AM
gomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant future
bummer

Old 05-12-2009, 07:48 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Wow, I would have never have seen this one coming.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:36 AM
roadrat is infamous around these parts
sad.

wow.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:17 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Keep a couple things in mind guys. Bankcruptcy doesn't mean they are going out of business, or that business was that horrible. It also states in the article that it only effects the Porsche and Audi car sales parts of the company, Champion Motorsport is fine.

There are some great people over at Champion, with a true passion for cars which shows in their amazing aftermarket product line. I, for one, hope they pull through and emerge stronger then ever!

Old 05-12-2009, 11:38 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tom@Rennsport-1
Keep a couple things in mind guys. Bankcruptcy doesn't mean they are going out of business, or that business was that horrible. It also states in the article that it only effects the Porsche and Audi car sales parts of the company, Champion Motorsport is fine.

There are some great people over at Champion, with a true passion for cars which shows in their amazing aftermarket product line. I, for one, hope they pull through and emerge stronger then ever!
Agreed . I think it's very sad though and a reminder of how the current economy has shaken the sales industry.

There are customers who want to buy cars and I believe that salesman want to sell cars too . However , we read every day posts where a buyer walks out of one dealership and buys a car from another . If a serious buyer is ready there is no reason for ANY dealership to lose the sale .

That's the decision of management and in these economic times .. it's a very important one .

The dealweships who were the most succesful will face the hardest adpatation . Whena dealership is accustomed to getting near MSRP for years it may take time to adjust.

In the end the customer loses . the sales person loses , and those cars end up serviced elsewhere too .

Florida (in general) needs to be known as the discount region . Things need to change .

Old 05-12-2009, 12:07 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Agreed . I think it's very sad though and a reminder of how the current economy has shaken the sales industry.

There are customers who want to buy cars and I believe that salesman want to sell cars too . However , we read every day posts where a buyer walks out of one dealership and buys a car from another . If a serious buyer is ready there is no reason for ANY dealership to lose the sale .

That's the decision of management and in these economic times .. it's a very important one .

The dealweships who were the most succesful will face the hardest adpatation . Whena dealership is accustomed to getting near MSRP for years it may take time to adju
In the end the customer loses . the sales person loses , and those cars end up serviced elsewhere too .

Florida (in general) needs to be known as the discount region . Things need to change .
Larry,
+1 on this.............I always tell my staff "something is better then nothing" "Make it happen!"

Old 05-12-2009, 12:29 PM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
Even with the economic situation, dealerships still don't get it and act like they can sell that car all day long... I'm sorry for you and your attitude but you are going to be hit hard.
You should never let a customer walk out of the dealership because that will be the last time you see him.
You need to re-learn how to accommodate the client and make the sale happen. With so many resources these days, you are not longer competing against the Collection in Miami but with an endless array of online dealers and private parties.
I feel bad for them but they got this coming.

joel

Old 05-12-2009, 04:14 PM
terrence is a jewel in the roughterrence is a jewel in the roughterrence is a jewel in the rough
I wonder if this is an indication of the condition of a lot of Porsche dealers in Florida, especially South Florida....

Old 05-12-2009, 05:20 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
It's not the sales guy .
It's not the staff .
It's the upper management one never gets to see which run most dealerships .

When a salesman spends an entire day to lose a sale .. he loses too .

I don't understand the lack of logic at all and its not just Porsche. When I bought my M3 I spent an entire day at a dealership where I had bought many before and they were high and mighty . They refused to budge from MSRP . I went to another BMW dealership and saved 3K but before I bought the car I took the buyers order back to the first dealership and said "look we know each other for years and here is your opportunity to keep my business". They refused , I bought the car at the other dealership . What's worse is they lost my confidence along with the sale so future cars may also be purchased elsewhere . That's how things decline .

South Florida is a great region and in my opinion it has every reason to sell cars .
Things need to change .

Old 05-12-2009, 06:47 PM
shuffles is infamous around these parts
It's not the sales guy .
It's not the staff .

I don't understand the lack of logic at all and its not just Porsche. When I bought my M3 I spent an entire day at a dealership where I had bought many before and they were high and mighty . They refused to budge from MSRP . I went to another BMW dealership and saved 3K but before I bought the car I took the buyers order back to the first dealership and said "look we know each other for years and here is your opportunity to keep my business". They refused , I bought the car at the other dealership . What's worse is they lost my confidence along with the sale so future cars may also be purchased elsewhere . That's how things decline .

South Florida is a great region and in my opinion it has every reason to sell cars .
Things need to change .
Hah. I had bought/leased a few BMW's (probably 3 for myself + 3 or 4 friends and families) from the same salesman the same BMW dealership for years (Crevier in OC). The first deal was why I bought there, lowest price decent service. Then I could never make a deal with those guys. The more cars you buy from them, the less likely to budge. It matters. It's often the difference in the thousands, but they just didn't get it. Went over to Irvine BMW (about 10 miles away) on my M3 and have been a 2 time customer there since I made the switch.
I just don't get what happened there, you'd think they'd try harder to keep a loyal customer?

Old 05-12-2009, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by shuffles
Hah. I had bought/leased a few BMW's (probably 3 for myself + 3 or 4 friends and families) from the same salesman the same BMW dealership for years (Crevier in OC). The first deal was why I bought there, lowest price decent service. Then I could never make a deal with those guys. The more cars you buy from them, the less likely to budge. It matters. It's often the difference in the thousands, but they just didn't get it. Went over to Irvine BMW (about 10 miles away) on my M3 and have been a 2 time customer there since I made the switch.
I just don't get what happened there, you'd think they'd try harder to keep a loyal customer?
A repeat customer is very important to a dealership's success .
I do notice that most of the posts empathizing with Champion make no mention of an amazing deal . That's what we need to hear . Not just about Champion .. but from all dealerships .

Do you guys remember this poster ? He claimed that he called or went to so many dealerships that I lost count .

Look at post number 200 . Is he disgruntled and immature ? Or is there a grain of truth in what he wrote? Has anyone else ever felt like this at a dealership ? Does upper management see that if prices are attractive the word gets out .

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post2189524

Last edited by yrralis1; 05-12-2009 at 08:50 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:14 PM
paigow is infamous around these parts
I've been to Champion Motors Porsche dealdership and it looked like they had a lot of overhead with a lot of mechanics, sales people, etc. So even if the sales weren't that bad, maybe they couldn't cut enough cost to keep them out of bankruptcy.

I had a good experience with them so I wish them well.

Old 05-13-2009, 06:54 AM
slant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura about
It's not the sales guy .
It's not the staff .

Things need to change .
+1 ... had the same experience with a local BMW dealership. Champion up until recently had the same attitude in the sales department. Love their service department, however!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Champion Motorsports -Florida