997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

White Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 03:45 PM
Majac4122 is infamous around these parts
White Wheels

Just wondering if anyone had any pictures of a white on white car. I've seen black wheels on everything, but wondered what white would look like. I searched the gallery with no luck. A pic of a c4s would be great but anything would give me an idea. Maybe it looks terrible and that's why it's rarely done...

Old 05-15-2009, 03:54 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
white wheels remind me of the 80's miami vice cars

Old 05-15-2009, 05:42 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bara
white wheels remind me of the 80's miami vice cars
too funny, when I read the OP, I thought to myself that is way to 80's!

Old 05-15-2009, 06:26 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
too funny, when I read the OP, I thought to myself that is way to 80's!
White car - white wheels. Black car- black wheels. Not sure how one color combination is more "today" than the other. White wheels with a polished lip might not look all that retro. It would definately be unique. One of the board sponsors , (Nutec, or something like that ) let's you pick colors and metal combos, then let's you see what the finished wheel looks like. You might be able to get a sense of what it would look like that way.

Last edited by Dadio; 05-17-2009 at 07:07 AM.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:34 PM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
The best I could do...it's a GT3 and I think it's fantastic with the white rim, black center.

J

Attached Images  
Old 05-15-2009, 08:11 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by xXxGhotimanxXx
The best I could do...it's a GT3 and I think it's fantastic with the white rim, black center.

J
The guy who owns that car is bored with his wheels, perhpas a PM to him and they could be yours.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:41 PM
tejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Majac4122
Just wondering if anyone had any pictures of a white on white car. I've seen black wheels on everything, but wondered what white would look like. I searched the gallery with no luck. A pic of a c4s would be great but anything would give me an idea. Maybe it looks terrible and that's why it's rarely done...
I love white p cars but imo it would look like x*#**.

With that said, take a picture of your car and photoshop it.

Last edited by tejoe; 05-15-2009 at 09:43 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:03 PM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
^^That's right...I remember that thread. That's where I got the pic.!

J

Old 05-16-2009, 03:39 AM
Mcflurry is infamous around these parts
Find me some white rims and I'll photoshop them on. I'll find a white C4s somewhere.

Old 05-16-2009, 05:25 AM
Mcflurry is infamous around these parts
You may be looking for more 'bling' rims but I personally don't like them. I can live with White rims if they're more track orientated like these Enkeis

Car was a TT/GT2 so I made it look more like a C4 too. Hope it gives you some idea...

Orig- http://www.flickr.com/photos/benzoo/3513373208/sizes/l/

Old 05-16-2009, 08:08 AM
DaveC is infamous around these parts
I had white painted Techart formulas on my white 06 Cayman S. There's a picture of it in the Cayman/Boxster pictures thread on this site. Obviously I thought it looked sharp. You can go the the Techart website (www.techart.de) and they have white wheels on a white 997 Cab in their gallery. Some wheels look better painted than others.

Attached Images  

Last edited by DaveC; 05-16-2009 at 08:15 AM.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:59 AM
The enkeis made it look like a really bad idea...but the techarts look great in white with a polished lip. Did you get them white straight from TechArt or did you get them painted afterwards?

Old 05-16-2009, 10:21 AM
jpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nice
^
^
^
^
Look Here.

Old 05-17-2009, 03:05 PM
Thumbs up

Jp your car looks sweet. Can you pm me some more pics of your car...btw what wheels are on your car?

Old 05-17-2009, 03:55 PM
leneuromancer has a spectacular aura aboutleneuromancer has a spectacular aura about
from a local DFW body shop.. while not for me, is pretty sweet ..thinking wheel choice has a lot to do with it and the Techart's used here are perfect

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: White Wheels