997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

How not to close front hood...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 02:51 PM
Stockton is just really niceStockton is just really niceStockton is just really niceStockton is just really nice
But anywhere but the crest and I get fingerprints!

Guess I'll have to keep a rag handy.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:13 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Stockton
But anywhere but the crest and I get fingerprints!

Guess I'll have to keep a rag handy.
You can always polish out the fingerprints...dents are a different problem.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:12 PM
mozhacker is infamous around these parts
I use a small MF cloth I keep in the glove box just for hood push down duty. Below the crest, near the hood section that aligns with the hook.

Better poll would be how many of you actually use the trunk regularly? I basically do not open it unless I absolutely had to (I store only 2 quarts oil in velcro bags in the trunk and never use my pcar for errands that my beater would be better suited for if I need to bring home more groceries, etc than can easily and safely without scratching leather in rear or front seat area.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:12 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
I use the trunk regularly. At least once a day. And I push down on the crest, as I have since I owned a 914 in grad school. It may not be the exact right spot, but it's Porsche lore and habit at this point. And it satisfies my OCD needs to 'touch' the crest.