997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 2.0 Leasing...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 12:30 PM
Banned
daKrisht is infamous around these partsdaKrisht is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Kurt_OH
If you offered to pre-pay and they denied you, then obviously whatever reason they have for denying you is NOT related to your ability to pay the lease.
I simply cannot believe that they denied you after you offered to pay the lease up front. The dealer probably told you that as they backed out on the deal or just didn't want to do it and made up an excuse.

Which dealership was this?

Old 05-26-2009, 01:29 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by daKrisht
I simply cannot believe that they denied you after you offered to pay the lease up front. The dealer probably told you that as they backed out on the deal or just didn't want to do it and made up an excuse.

Which dealership was this?
I prepaid a BMW lease once and they held me to the same criteria as those who paid monthly . I was curious and asked why and the reply I got was " if someone can pay two years it's still not a guarantee that they will get their car back" .

I suppose the depreciation, finance charges and profit are still not enough to eliminate the risk of the equity.

Old 05-26-2009, 01:37 PM
tim0s002 is infamous around these parts
if you crashed it, that will depreciate the car even more even though insurance will fix. who would choose a crashed car over one that isnt, so when they get it back they may be stuck with the crashed car. i think your age (male drivers under 25 are considered risk, if you are single, short credit history) was a factor in them denying you.

Old 05-26-2009, 01:46 PM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
wa1l1in

Even if you did a ONE PAY lease and PFS still denied your offer? If so, that's some wack S**T, I would take my business elsewhere.

Old 05-26-2009, 01:48 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by tim0s002
if you crashed it, that will depreciate the car even more even though insurance will fix. who would choose a crashed car over one that isnt, so when they get it back they may be stuck with the crashed car. i think your age (male drivers under 25 are considered risk, if you are single, short credit history) was a factor in them denying you.
I'm sorry, but a 45 year can crash the car just as easily.

I also don't see what being "single" has anything to do with a car lease --- if you can afford it, you should be given the ability the lease whatever it is you want to lease.

I agree that a short credit history and being 23 are factors that played negatively but there are intangibles here. These days, a lot of young people are making 10x more than their elders. With the progress and innovation of technology a lot of young guys are at their prime - I mean 25 year old multi-millionaires.

It's just bad business. Especially in today's times when car manufacturers are going bankrupt left and right. Porsche is not in a good position at all, rather Porsche is in a very bad position. If they don't merge with VW they will go bankrupt, they have too much debt, not enough volume, and from these threads, they're simply turning away good business.

Old 05-26-2009, 01:51 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by JmanE55
wa1l1in

Even if you did a ONE PAY lease and PFS still denied your offer? If so, that's some wack S**T, I would take my business elsewhere.
Absolutely, don't even waste your time dealing with incompetence and an institution that'll probably go bankrupt if they continue doing business this way.

It's not easy to make money, some of us here probably work 18 hours per day (I know I do) and know just how hard it is. You don't turn someone down when they're offering you their business.