997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 2.0 Leasing...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 03:42 AM
dagoodlife77 is infamous around these parts
997 2.0 Leasing...

Does anyone have an idea what the lease is on this car?

Old 05-25-2009, 12:00 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
If anyone knows it may not apply to current conditions which vary constantly. I suggest you ask your dealer.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:54 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
buddy was checking with his dealer after someone posted on here and he can get a base 997.2 for 699/mon... 669/mon if prepaid with 5k down.. which is cheap as hell (2 years, 10k a year)

the 3 year is more, more miles are more, non base is more... the C2S wasnt much more cause good resid but cab/turbo/targa/c4/c4s all much much more cause residuals and their prices.

Old 05-25-2009, 06:45 PM
Banned
daKrisht is infamous around these partsdaKrisht is infamous around these parts
Not sure how you figure a 3 year lease is more than a 2 year lease?

You can get a base 997.2 for about $850 / month + tax with about $5k due at signing (36 months, 10k year).

Generally, discounts are in the 9-10% range for 997.2's at the moment.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:33 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by daKrisht
Not sure how you figure a 3 year lease is more than a 2 year lease?

You can get a base 997.2 for about $850 / month + tax with about $5k due at signing (36 months, 10k year).

Generally, discounts are in the 9-10% range for 997.2's at the moment.
call up your local dealer, the 3 year is more than 2 year cause the rates.... 699+5k is the 2 year rate, the 3 year came back in 800's+5k like you said.

i would think 3 year less but i think they are factoring in the 991.. in 2 years they will get it back and sell for more cause 991 not out yet, in 3 years the 991 will be out and seen and values down much more so worth less..

at least my 2 cents... i keep debating on 997.2 as the prices drop drop drop... its gotten to the point where i can get the white launch car for mine+15k whereas before the difference was much more... i guess they are trying to dump em before the 10's come out and the 09 launch car becomes the black sheep they cant sell.

i wish the launch had black interior or blue.. be a much easier decision..

Old 05-25-2009, 08:28 PM
Banned
I remember getting a quote for $1500 tax included on an '09 C2S Coupe (MSRP $104k, 2 year lease) and the same car for $1350 tax included on a 3 year lease.

There are so many cars sitting on dealer lots it's out of this world. At the same time, I understand that lending is very tight and that PFS are declining deals left and right. I find this to be the dumbest thing PCNA + PFS could ever do in this downed economy. You have customers who are ready to pick up vehicles and you're declining them credit? Makes zero sense.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:46 PM
I remember getting a quote for $1500 tax included on an '09 C2S Coupe (MSRP $104k, 2 year lease) and the same car for $1350 tax included on a 3 year lease.

There are so many cars sitting on dealer lots it's out of this world. At the same time, I understand that lending is very tight and that PFS are declining deals left and right. I find this to be the dumbest thing PCNA + PFS could ever do in this downed economy. You have customers who are ready to pick up vehicles and you're declining them credit? Makes zero sense.
my thoughts exactly (denying credit) but then again i understand their concerns... they are taking a gamble giving people their cars to "use" for 2-3 years and they want to pick the best that will take care of their cars as they are responsible for the cars when they get back...

so on one hand they need to get rid of cars, but on the other hand they want to make sure they get them back the way they left... so they need sales but are picky on who gets them.. troubling time but in the short term they will make things good again, to me i feel PCNA is very good at "correcting" the market to keep values as high as possible on their cars.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:56 PM
Banned
In today's times, I don't think you can be "picky" on who wants to give you business. Any sale is a blessing. Considering that Porsche's YTD sales are down 30% and it was just reported that PAG needed 700 million Euro's to avoid bankruptcy, they need to re-think their strategies.

If someone wants to lease/finance a $100k + vehicle you should be rolling out the red carpet for this customer, not denying them credit.

What amazes me even more is that my dealer mentioned that a customer who had immaculate financials, $20k / month income and a nice history was denied by PFS. A few days later the guy went ahead an leased a BMW M6 without any hassle or problems. BMW FS = 1, PFS = 0.

It's sad to see so many wonderful cars sitting on lots collecting dust while other manufacturers like BMW and MB are even giving cash incentives for picking up anything in their current inventory.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:06 PM
In today's times, I don't think you can be "picky" on who wants to give you business. Any sale is a blessing. Considering that Porsche's YTD sales are down 30% and it was just reported that PAG needed 700 million Euro's to avoid bankruptcy, they need to re-think their strategies.

If someone wants to lease/finance a $100k + vehicle you should be rolling out the red carpet for this customer, not denying them credit.

What amazes me even more is that my dealer mentioned that a customer who had immaculate financials, $20k / month income and a nice history was denied by PFS. A few days later the guy went ahead an leased a BMW M6 without any hassle or problems. BMW FS = 1, PFS = 0.

It's sad to see so many wonderful cars sitting on lots collecting dust while other manufacturers like BMW and MB are even giving cash incentives for picking up anything in their current inventory.
i just feel they are looking down the road.. as if they weather this battle by just selling to anyone.... down the road they have another battle to fight... with people not wanting to pay for their cars and turning them back in abused/etc.... BMW and MB are more than likely in a better position to be more risky with who they sell to and thats why they can grant such leases... i have great credit, great income, etc and PFS denied me without even blinking an eye... when i came back willing to even pay the lease up front they still said no... WILLING TO PAY THE LEASE UP FRONT!... insane but im sure they have their reasons.... or they are just smoking a lot of crack to forget about these troubled times and stamping denied on every application...

hopefully things will change but given the calls from dealer and prices they are willing to do, i dont see any changes in the short term... to the cash buyer its a great time, but not to people that prefer a lease..

Old 05-25-2009, 09:15 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I am still noticing new cars everywhere but I also am seeing an increase in used car pricing (exception Turbo) .

Old 05-25-2009, 09:18 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by wa1l1in
i just feel they are looking down the road.. as if they weather this battle by just selling to anyone.... down the road they have another battle to fight... with people not wanting to pay for their cars and turning them back in abused/etc.... BMW and MB are more than likely in a better position to be more risky with who they sell to and thats why they can grant such leases... i have great credit, great income, etc and PFS denied me without even blinking an eye... when i came back willing to even pay the lease up front they still said no... WILLING TO PAY THE LEASE UP FRONT!... insane but im sure they have their reasons.... or they are just smoking a lot of crack to forget about these troubled times and stamping denied on every application...

hopefully things will change but given the calls from dealer and prices they are willing to do, i dont see any changes in the short term... to the cash buyer its a great time, but not to people that prefer a lease..
wa1l1in, to be honest with you, if you offered PFS to pay the lease up front and they still denied you, you should go ahead and take your business elsewhere. If I was in your position I would be so insulted I would write a letter to their President / CEO and let him know how idiotic of an organization he is in charge of.

I also don't see what people returning cars abused has anything to do with your argument (for some reason, pro-PFS ).

I believe your "smoking crack" comment best fits the PFS fiasco which you had.

Take your business elsewhere, they don't deserve your business when other great car companies would roll out the red carpet for you and give you some free bottled water

Old 05-25-2009, 10:33 PM
wa1l1in, to be honest with you, if you offered PFS to pay the lease up front and they still denied you, you should go ahead and take your business elsewhere. If I was in your position I would be so insulted I would write a letter to their President / CEO and let him know how idiotic of an organization he is in charge of.

I also don't see what people returning cars abused has anything to do with your argument (for some reason, pro-PFS ).

I believe your "smoking crack" comment best fits the PFS fiasco which you had.

Take your business elsewhere, they don't deserve your business when other great car companies would roll out the red carpet for you and give you some free bottled water
i was heavily insulted but my desire for a porsche was still there and i do understand that eventho i have a good income/credit score now, that considering my age (23) that i do not have a "long history" of good income/credit... and for them that could be a risk.....

Old 05-25-2009, 10:54 PM
Kurt_OH is infamous around these partsKurt_OH is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by wa1l1in
i was heavily insulted but my desire for a porsche was still there and i do understand that eventho i have a good income/credit score now, that considering my age (23) that i do not have a "long history" of good income/credit... and for them that could be a risk.....
If you offered to pre-pay and they denied you, then obviously whatever reason they have for denying you is NOT related to your ability to pay the lease.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by Kurt_OH
If you offered to pre-pay and they denied you, then obviously whatever reason they have for denying you is NOT related to your ability to pay the lease.
i figured that eventho i was going to pay the lease in advance i still would have responsibility of a car worth much more than i paid and given my young age and limited credit history it might be a gamble?

maybe i thought too much, and just need to send them some more crack and a rude letter... i was very insulted but i just made up excuses to why they did what they did to justify just buying a 911 outright.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:51 AM
shuffles is infamous around these parts
credit wise PFS was the most difficult auto finance i've ever worked with. And, I am not too happy about that. Obviously they got me done (I am a guarantor for my company), but very picky. However, I do not have the highest credit score as my accounts are in constant use and I usually have 40+ inquiries at any givent time, although no negative stuff. Most financing banks understand that score is not that important and "roll out the red carpet" as they see the breadth and depth of a persons credit report, but these guys were very very picky. In fact, the finance guy at the dealership said that this is a recent trend with them, as before they would get people with scores in the high 500's done, as they understand that most business-owning people (probably a good percentage of their customers) have collection accounts and fluctuating revolving balances as a simple matter of doing business. He said they were not as score driven until mid 2008, and before used to spend alot of time going over the qualtiy of a person's accounts.

Nonetheless, between the dealership's need to sell and PFS analness, they somehow got me tier 1 even though my score tends to stay in the mid-600's. So, there may be some magic the dealerships can do based on their relationships with the PFS. Of coarse, once you have a satisfactory account with PFS it gets alot easier the next time, but it was my first Porsche.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 2.0 Leasing...