997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

pdk c2s vs e92 m3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 06:26 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RiceEater

To CURIO: In yo' face!!!!

e92 is no match for the 997.2S!
Do you have a PDK 997S? Would you like to meet up? I think mine is a bit stronger than the one in that video.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:13 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
Actually yes, it is. In fact though there is a myriad of changes in the engine - cams, exhaust, structural - the centerpiece of it all is DFI. It's a brilliant piece of engineering. From what I read, the level of sophistication in these things (computer speed, pressure system, piezo-injector controller, multi/varying fuel spray per cycle) is really high. Diesels have had to work this way forever, but not as demanding as the new DFI systems in the latest car models until recently (see the BlueTec diesels).
Further, it's the only way that manufacturers will meet future emissions requirements. All cars will have it shortly or they won't sell in the US and Europe.

Originally Posted by Stockton
Interesting timing. Just sold my 2002 M3 for a 2007 C2S!

So, how is the 2009 making 30HP more? It can't be just the DFI, can it?

Last edited by Verde; 05-26-2009 at 07:16 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:15 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CURI0
Do you have a PDK 997S? Would you like to meet up? I think mine is a bit stronger than the one in that video.

I have never driven a DCT M3 but I do feel that the car in the video looked weak compared to my manual car. There have been some issues reported with DCT . One guy could not even downshift http://forums.roadfly.com/forums/bmw...9011648-3.html

also the car in the video was supposedly ECU flashed with a Hartage exhaust but again I feel my stock M3 seems to have more juice at the low end which is where the 997S pulled away . Had it been an Active Autowerks car it would have been a lot faster . In my opinion both cars should have been stock .

Old 05-26-2009, 07:32 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I have never driven a DCT M3 but I do feel that the car in the video looked weak compared to my manual car. There have been some issues reported with DCT . One guy could not even downshift http://forums.roadfly.com/forums/bmw...9011648-3.html

also the car in the video was supposedly ECU flashed with a Hartage exhaust but again I feel my stock M3 seems to have more juice at the low end which is where the 997S pulled away . Had it been an Active Autowerks car it would have been a lot faster . In my opinion both cars should have been stock .
Yes, both cars should have been stock, I agree.

What Gustav does is if the BMW is going to walked he uses a modded one to represent it.

There were DCT software issues a while back, software updates have addressed it and continue to refine it.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:33 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Verde
Actually yes, it is. In fact though there is a myriad of changes in the engine - cams, exhaust, structural - the centerpiece of it all is DFI. It's a brilliant piece of engineering. From what I read, the level of sophistication in these things (computer speed, pressure system, piezo-injector controller, multi/varying fuel spray per cycle) is really high. Diesels have had to work this way forever, but not as demanding as the new DFI systems in the latest car models until recently (see the BlueTec diesels).
Further, it's the only way that manufacturers will meet future emissions requirements. All cars will have it shortly or they won't sell in the US and Europe.
Really, the compression increase.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:00 PM
stevez0r is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CURI0
Yes, both cars should have been stock, I agree.

What Gustav does is if the BMW is going to walked he uses a modded one to represent it.

There were DCT software issues a while back, software updates have addressed it and continue to refine it.
haha so true.

OT but in the same vein: in Gustav's world E39 M5 > *

Old 05-26-2009, 08:19 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by stevez0r
haha so true.

OT but in the same vein: in Gustav's world E39 M5 > *
I know, he banned me when I posted I ran an M5board member with an E39 M5 and won. It went against his video of the E39 beating the E92 M3... which undermined his credibility.

He hand picks the videos he chooses to show and deletes third party vids, guy is a hypocrite.

Last edited by CURI0; 05-26-2009 at 09:41 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:32 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
A win is a win though . I don't know the M5 board but no one is forced to watch the video . Ultimately it's the viewer left to interpret it .

I was surprised by the distance gap as well as the point where the 997S pulled in front . I also notice how the M3 held the gap at the upper range .

I am not a fan of DCT and who knows where that guy shifted from in the M . I am not all that excited with PDK either .

I think about my M3 as well as my modded up Turbo .
I think my M3 could take theirs .
I think my Turbo would cream them both .

Don't we all though .

Old 05-26-2009, 10:16 PM
dksu has a spectacular aura aboutdksu has a spectacular aura about
09 c2 non s pdk vs 08 c2s. Which will be faster? Will 09 c2 be even with e92 m3?

Old 05-26-2009, 10:24 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by dksu
09 c2 non s pdk vs 08 c2s. Which will be faster? Will 09 c2 be even with e92 m3?
From what we have seen from the PDK DI cars, the 09 should be quicker and the MKI S.

The 09 C2 PDK vs. the M3 DCT should be a drivers race, according the CD numbers.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:50 PM
redhotmurc333 is infamous around these parts
The bottom line is I think both are AWESOMEmarvels of today's engineering and are BOTH GREAT machines and it just boils down to just a matter of taste, wants, needs, and opinions~ I think both are AWESOME and Fast enough for any given situation~
I remember when 0-60 times in the 6's were considered blisteringly fast and 5's were almost unheard of~ Those were the dayz!
I remember back in 1988 I had a 88 CRX SI and my friend had a 1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged~ My car's 0-60 times were specified at 8 to 8.2 seconds and his were at 7.1-7.7 (yeah I know BIG difference...depending on the magazines)~ BUT in a race I would beat him 2 out of 5 times...Oh man those were the days! And then I drove my sister's boyfriend's Porsche 944 Turbo....Oh MAN!!! FAAAAST!!! HAHAH!!!
We are living in good times my friends...GOOD times!!!

Old 05-26-2009, 11:07 PM
[QUOTE][And then I drove my sister's boyfriend's Porsche 944 Turbo/QUOTE]

My very first Porsche and the ONLY problematic one I ever had . Everything broke on that car and after I sold it in 1989 it took me 5 years to get another Porsche . I am so glad i did.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:11 AM
redhotmurc333 is infamous around these parts
HaHa! Yup! Very problematic! But what can we say...We are just creatures of habits!
But you have to admit, back then, that was the car! I mean come on, all that power from a 4 banger!!?? It was unheard of! And those beefy bulging bionic fenders that cars such as the RX-7 and the Mitsubishi Starions tried to emulate and that tight stable handling! And also the nice sturdy feeling interior where you can rest your arms on the center while shifting etc... Not to mention the rush you got from the turbos creeping up on ya! Whew!
But yea problematic for sure! HAHA! You know as a matter of fact, in 04, I purchased one(a 89') just for the kicks of it! A red one with only 45k miles on it~ It was CHERRY! And then I let my friend drive it...three hours later he called me from the 10 freeway...it died! HAHA! I had it towed to my mechanic and the repairs cost almost more then the car itself so I just sold it! But you know...to make a long story short Porsche has come along way and so have all the other automakers and we really are living in good times!
Ok ok sorry for drifting this post to another subject~ Now carry on with good stuff!

My very first Porsche and the ONLY problematic one I ever had . Everything broke on that car and after I sold it in 1989 it took me 5 years to get another Porsche . I am so glad i did.
[/[quote=yrralis1;2400338][quote][And then I drove my sister's boyfriend's Porsche 944 Turbo/QUOTE]
quote]

Old 05-27-2009, 02:30 PM
Ced
Ced is infamous around these parts
Nothing is as emotional in the driving experience like the 911, in the corners.

Old 05-27-2009, 03:41 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Stockton
Interesting timing. Just sold my 2002 M3 for a 2007 C2S!

So, how is the 2009 making 30HP more? It can't be just the DFI, can it?
Dfi by itself would have little effect on HP. It does however tend to cool the cylinder and the compression ratio has been bumped up significantly as a result.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: pdk c2s vs e92 m3