997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Finally into my first Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 09:58 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Finally into my first Porsche

After what seemed like an eternity of trying to find the right car (but was actually only about two months), I finally picked up my first Porsche tonight. After being in a few BMW's and Mercedes in the past, I felt it was time to get my first Porsche.

First of all, thanks to the many members of this great forum for your advice and answering my noob questions. Big, big, thanks to Larry. Not only did he answer my questions on the postings here, but he took the time to answer my PM's and I could really tell he was looking out for me and my best interest. Larry, you 'Da Man.

Anyway, here she is. I wasn't necessarily looking for a C4S but it was optioned out and priced just right.

2008 997 C4S Cabriolet
6,900 miles
6 speed
Triple Black
Options:
Power Seat
Heated Seats
Wheel Caps
Parking Assist
Sport Chrono
Stainless Steel Exhaust
Nav
Floor Mats

After Market:
GT3 Front Bumper
Rinspeed "Indy" Rear Bumper
RSS Plenum
SmartTop
Premier Clear Bra Wrap

First mod I'm looking at is TechArt side skirts. Probably followed by some new wheels (HRE P40's, Champion RS171's, or OZ Superleggara) and a drop of 10 - 15mm.

Here's a few pic's from the seller. Hope to get my own up after I get her washed.

Attached Images    

Last edited by JoeShark; 05-28-2009 at 12:43 AM.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:11 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Forgot to add, PPI showed the car to be in great shape.

DME:
Range 1: 168
Range 2: 45
Range 3: 3
Range 4: 0
Range 5: 0
Range 6: 0

Old 05-27-2009, 10:22 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Excellent choice. I started with a triple black cab, and they are still one of my favorites. Congratulations. You should have a LOT of fun with that car. I suggest getting a SmarTop module by "mods4cars". Does wonders for cabs.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by keninirvine
Excellent choice. I started with a triple black cab, and they are still one of my favorites. Congratulations. You should have a LOT of fun with that car. I suggest getting a SmarTop module by "mods4cars". Does wonders for cabs.
Thanks Ken,

Seller must have read your mind long ago as he did install a Smart Top. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet but the seller said it was well worth the investment.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:31 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
If you don't have the instructions, you can download them from the website for mods4cars. There are a number of customizable settings.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:53 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
That is a gorgeous car !!!! Wow. You really went all out . Congrats.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by yrralis1
That is a gorgeous car !!!! Wow. You really went all out . Congrats.
...and just to say it again, BIG THANKS TO YOU. You really helped me out tremendously with all your expertise and knowledge. Beers are still on me when I ever make it out to your part of the country.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:32 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I enjoy watching the market with these cars . Perhaps for me since I had owned quite a few I always kept in tune with the value of my cars . In time I noticed a pattern and in recent times with the economy as it is I find it even more fascinating at how resilient the 911 Carerra is .

I found it very entertaining to watch you go through the search and finding the right car . I always enjoy buying a new car myself and seeing others go through the process is fun . In short --I had fun but the real thrill begins for you now that you have the car.

I wish you the best . I have a feeling with a cab that when it gets cold in Oregon you may end up driving it to Florida at some point and when you do let me know.

Once again ... congrats.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:25 AM
redhotmurc333 is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Gorgeous Car! Congrats and enjoy it in great health and please do keep us up with updates!

Old 05-28-2009, 04:55 AM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
very nice...best of luck

Old 05-28-2009, 05:15 AM
turbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud of
Very nice and congrats! Enjoy it to the utmost.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:23 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
congrats Joe, she looks like a real beauty.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:39 AM
PCarTT is infamous around these parts
Very nice.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:14 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Nice new car Joe, C4S Cabs are awesome.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:47 AM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Nice!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally into my first Porsche