997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Almost .. as close as it gets

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 11:48 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Thanks guys - I did look the car over in the daylight . All is ok.

There was the moment last night when I thought to myself about the noise of starting a Tubi race exhaust up at 3AM and waking my neigbors only to be seen standing in the pouring rain washing my car . I imagine my girlfriend waking up and nodding her head saying "I understand" .

Then there was drying the car . would I get sick on the insect spray fumes even with the garage open . I am very sensitive to aerosol in any type .

I still can't believe the size of the roach and how it flew . It sounded like a helecopter and it flew right at me it didn't look too happy.

It all worked out though . Even for the bug I think because it did fly off in the rain .

Old 05-29-2009, 11:55 AM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
next time don't use the insect spray, just grap the water hose and turn on full power.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:03 PM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Thanks guys - I did look the car over in the daylight . All is ok.

There was the moment last night when I thought to myself about the noise of starting a Tubi race exhaust up at 3AM and waking my neigbors only to be seen standing in the pouring rain washing my car . I imagine my girlfriend waking up and nodding her head saying "I understand" .

Then there was drying the car . would I get sick on the insect spray fumes even with the garage open . I am very sensitive to aerosol in any type .

I still can't believe the size of the roach and how it flew . It sounded like a helecopter and it flew right at me it didn't look too happy.

It all worked out though . Even for the bug I think because it did fly off in the rain .

Larry you are nuttier than a christmas fruit cake, , but I dig the love you have for you cars and the time you spend to ensure their maintenance.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:23 PM
sfarris is a name known to allsfarris is a name known to allsfarris is a name known to allsfarris is a name known to allsfarris is a name known to allsfarris is a name known to all
That is what you get!!

Those of us in the MIDWEST love to hear stuff like this! It is the payback you b@#$%^&s get for living in beautiful parts of the country!

Old 05-29-2009, 12:54 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Larry,

Great story. Thanks for LOL I can remember Porsche did an advertisement for the TT that said "Kills Buggs Fast" Maybe a good slogan would be "Porsche OWNERS Kill Bugs Fast "

Old 05-29-2009, 01:19 PM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
LOL funny story..it's called Entomophobia

Dave

Old 05-29-2009, 02:17 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yrralis1
So I am sitting here posting and doing laundy and it's 2:30 AM ....

It's pouring rain outside but I start my car up and began washing it in the rain leaving the garage door open to air it out and let the Raid dry .

So it's now 3:10 AM . I am dry . the bug flew into the rain . I still can't believe the size of that roach. And my car is clean.

One never imagines that a garage queen car could face a blemish over an insect but it almost did .

I may have to get a car cover .
You need therapy. Your starting the car, immediately stopping it for the duration of the wash, starting it again and stopping it immediately, did more harm than good.

Sorry for being so blunt. But trust me on this.

Last edited by adias; 05-29-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:39 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by adias
You need therapy. Your starting the car, immediately stopping it for the duration of the wash, starting it again and stopping it immediately, did more harm than good.

Sorry for being so blunt. But trust me on this.
I did think about driving it to warm it up but since this was a one time thing the thought of potential paint damage from Raid insect spray was weighed agaist the cars battery. Paint won -- and I was pretty sure I had not sprayed the car . I just wasn't 100 percent sure that the wobbling insect had wet raid on it or that some fumes drifted onto my car's paint . I was not going to second guess it without an immediate wash. Plus the idea of driving around at 3AM in a 997tt in the rain didn't sound too safe so the car went right back to its nest.

Even if the start /stop is a short drive just about every sales and service dealership will do it with a new car just to show it to a customer too or bring it to him after a service.

Old 05-29-2009, 02:58 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Next bug visit, just rinse the car in the garage. It'll be OK!

Old 05-29-2009, 04:00 PM
tejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud of
I'm confused; I understand the car stuff but why are you washing the laundry??

I also don't know why my wife, daughter, and daughter-in-law call me a male chauvinist pig.

Old 05-29-2009, 04:45 PM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
^Probably because he was done vacuuming and cleaning the house and the grocery store wasn't open yet, so grocery shopping took a back seat to the laundry .

J

Old 05-29-2009, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by tejoe
I'm confused; I understand the car stuff but why are you washing the laundry??

I also don't know why my wife, daughter, and daughter-in-law call me a male chauvinist pig.

We both wash the laundy plus have a housekeeper . I've been a bachelor on and off and never minded taking care of myself . I don't have kids . Pretty self sufficient .

Old 05-30-2009, 12:26 AM
sn66p is infamous around these parts
hey, there IS a recession on. i'd rather do laundry than cut back on necessary auto expenses.