997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Almost .. as close as it gets

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 01:12 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Almost .. as close as it gets

So I am sitting here posting and doing laundy and it's 2:30 AM . I decide to put the wash in the dryer and step into my garage .

I notice a HUGE palmetto ****roach sitting on the wall not near my car. So I grab a can of Raid insect spray and take aim and missed . The roach flys off the wall right at me like a bird . It was that big . Yikes.

I spray again and it lands on my car woosy . Did I spray my car ? It's close but I don't think so . Just the idea that it might is enough. Is it on the wobbling insect? I don't know . Maybe just the fumes made it wobble.

It's pouring rain outside but I start my car up and began washing it in the rain leaving the garage door open to air it out and let the Raid dry .

So it's now 3:10 AM . I am dry . the bug flew into the rain . I still can't believe the size of that roach. And my car is clean.

One never imagines that a garage queen car could face a blemish over an insect but it almost did .

I may have to get a car cover .

Last edited by yrralis1; 05-29-2009 at 01:14 AM.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:40 AM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
LOL!!!! You sir, are my idol!

Old 05-29-2009, 07:01 AM
eric_l is infamous around these parts
Gotta love those bugs down here in FL huh? I remeber the first time a co-worker from New York saw one he darn near flipped out.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:06 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Larry, that is the funniest thread I have read in a long time!

If it means anything my front window is full of dead relatives (distant) to your roach, and BTW the car is very dirty can you clean it for me?

Old 05-29-2009, 07:31 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Good story, would read again! When we visit my wife's family in florida i am always mystified at the wildlife down there.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:44 AM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
That's hysterical. Washing my car in the middle of the night sounds like something I might do, but for different reasons: my wife isn't awake to harrass me, and the water patrol commandantes are not out looking to give tickets.
CATTMAN

Old 05-29-2009, 07:58 AM
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
I'm glad I live in CA. I tend to kill bugs with a hammer.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:58 AM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Ahahahahhahahhah, that's an awesome and funny story.

Ok, check off one positive for the Pacific Northwest over South Florida. Biggest ****roaches we've got up here are probably no bigger than the size of a quarter.

Great story.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:59 AM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
You should check out Quick Detailer spray. Wipe down the whole car in seconds and avoid washing. I may be lazier than you at 2:00pm in the afternoon than you are at 2:00am in the morning.

J

Old 05-29-2009, 08:04 AM
DaveC is infamous around these parts
Good thing there weren't two of them or they'd try and fly away with the car! You have to see those damn things with your own eyes to believe they exist, friggin monsters, big enough to shoot.......

Old 05-29-2009, 08:06 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JoeShark
Ahahahahhahahhah, that's an awesome and funny story.

Ok, check off one positive for the Pacific Northwest over South Florida. Biggest ****roaches we've got up here are probably no bigger than the size of a quarter.

Great story.
I agree the bugs aren't that big where I am either. I think that they drown when they are small and never get a chance to get big.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:32 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Great story, but next time wait until 3:30 am to do laundry.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:43 AM
stardoc is infamous around these parts
Those damn bugs are really stupid. They just fly right at your head. The first time I saw one fly when I moved here in Az, I thought it was a cute little bird.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:59 AM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Nice read, thanks for sharing.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:05 AM
Raz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to all
LOL...that sounds like something I would do. You need to buy some optimum no rinse. Perfect for these roach situations.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Almost .. as close as it gets