997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Loaner when car in for service?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 01:20 PM
CMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really nice
Originally Posted by boochook
Same thing at HBL in Tyson's VA. POS Neon's, but if you're nice to the clerk, they've hooked me up w/ Dodge Ram and Ford F-150 Quad Cab 4x4's.
Thanks for the tip on that, as that's where I've been going. Fortunately, my office is extremely close by, so I've asked them to shuttle me back and forth at drop off and pick up.

If the car were in service for a few days, the Neon issue would be a factor.

Old 05-29-2009, 03:14 PM
cfos is infamous around these parts
I've had a cayenne s and an xtera (enterprise)

Old 05-30-2009, 08:51 AM
MrMetrx is infamous around these parts
Had my car in twice at Pacific Porsche in Torrance and they gave me a Cayman.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:59 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
CMOS - I enjoyed dealing w/ Mike Malloy when he was there. He's no longer there however. I now get all the work done on my car elsewhere (Indie Shop) also located in Tysons right around the corner from HBL if you're interested. If you don't need a loaner and can get shuttled to work for a day's job of repair/maintenance work.

So what happens is this however at HBL. You will be given a slip for a car, when you ask for one. It will cover up to three days of rental (bear in mind, I haven't gone to HBL for work on my car in over a year so who knows in this economy what they offer now). But, regardless, it covers the actual car, NOT THE INSURANCE, which they also scare the hell out of you in to getting. So, for instance the insurance is total coverage which is about $17.99 per day I believe so you MAY end up paying for your "FREE" loaner.

Why get the insurance you say (and I confirmed this with my insurance company)? If the rental car you have (and again, this is Enterprise renting to you, NOT the dealer loaning to you in HBL's case), if this car was ever to be in an accident or go missing and it not necessarily being your fault, then you are held liable for every day that car is out of commission.

So, you go to a meeting, and park the car completely away from everyone else in the parking lot. Some moron not paying attention slams in to the parked loaner/rental car from Enterprise. That car goes to the shop. It sits at the body shop for 2 weeks before someone can get to it. It takes two weeks to fix. If you apparently don't get this insurance that Enterprise tries to upsell, you will be responsible for the daily rate of that car for every day it stays out of the fleet.

If someone could please confirm this again for me (b/c no one seems to exactly know the answer), that would be great.

Regardless, every Porsche Owner should get a PORSCHE as a loaner.

Originally Posted by CMOS
Thanks for the tip on that, as that's where I've been going. Fortunately, my office is extremely close by, so I've asked them to shuttle me back and forth at drop off and pick up.

If the car were in service for a few days, the Neon issue would be a factor.

Old 05-30-2009, 09:51 AM
mozhacker is infamous around these parts
Rusnak Pasadena where I bought my car recently told me they provide loaners, but not sure yet whether it is pcar loaners or rental car company loaners. I was told however that because I bought my car from them, I'd get a loaner, while those who didn't buy from them, would not be offered a loaner.

With BMW, in NorCal or SoCal, I always got a BMW loaner whether I bought the car there or not.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:32 AM
CMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really nice
Originally Posted by boochook
if this [Enterprise] car was ever to be in an accident or go missing and it not necessarily being your fault, then you are held liable for every day that car is out of commission.
I heard a few weeks ago from the Enterprise at VOB BMW. I also thought that was entirely outrageous. I'm really doubtful that they would be able to make that stick.

Enterprise reps make a lot of money from insurance sales (See
http://consumerist.com/consumer/ente...man-243325.php )

So I wouldn't be surprised if they are BSing people to scare them into signing up.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:59 AM
Those of you who are getting Enterprise cars might be very interested to review this site: http://www.failingenterprise.com/ Really really interesting stuff at 4am.

Old 05-31-2009, 02:06 AM
smistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond repute
I usually get a Boxster at Pacific Porsche in Torrance although once, they gave me a Audi Quattro...

Old 05-31-2009, 11:39 AM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by mdrums
I got a Cayenne GTS...yes really...as a loaner a few months ago. I had to ask very nice and ***** very nicely to get it. However normally my dealer gives me a VW.
same, and i feel really really lame driving it

Old 09-25-2009, 10:00 PM
talkinghead is infamous around these parts
Has anyone here been refused (or offered) a loaner when you did not buy the car from the servicing dealership?

Old 09-26-2009, 06:27 AM
Ridleyguy is infamous around these parts
After being offered an Enterprise rental, a Nissan Altima, and being told "we have a very nice car for you" when I first took my '08 C4S in for a warranty issue, I no longer take my car to that dealer. So far that has cost them about $2k, plus a possible Cayenne sale. When I bought my car, I was told that I would get a Porsche loaner when it was in for service, plus a 'concierge' service (pick up and return the car) which they also did not deliver on when requested.

Old 09-26-2009, 06:48 AM
JohnAMG is infamous around these parts
I was refused a loaner at the Porsche dealer in Buffalo NY. The sales manager, owner's son, refused the loaner but the service manager insisted one so I can get home. Tom the service manager was very nice but unfortunately he is no longer there What I want to know is, are we suppose to get a loaner for warranty work? Or it is at the mercy of the dealer? This is the first time I have this problem at a premium German brand. Mercedes Benz of Buffalo always provided first class service even I didn't buy a car from them at first. Because of their service I subsequently bought 4 cars from them. Unfortunately I can't say the same for the Porsche dealer.

John

Old 09-26-2009, 07:00 AM
SoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud of
I took mine in to the Porsche dealership off of PCH in Newport Beach to get a clear bra and a service, and they asked me if someone was coming to get me. This was their way of letting me know that I was not getting a loaner... Needless to say, I went elsewhere.

Old 09-26-2009, 07:14 AM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
This topic is discussed all the time.

Not every dealer gives loaners to owners who bought somewhere else. Sometime its just not possible.

Also, dealers usually want to keep THEIR customers happy so they will limit loaners to those who have actually bought from them. And they don't worry as much about those who might buy from them.

I don't know about MB; since I haven't owned one in 30 yeasrs; but BMW owners ***** about the same thing all the time.

Last edited by buck986; 09-26-2009 at 08:09 AM.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:42 AM
photogS is just really nicephotogS is just really nicephotogS is just really nicephotogS is just really nice
I think it's pretty crammy not to get a loaner, and I don't mean some Dodge Neon, but at least V6 Cayenne, while paying premium for a P-car.
MB dealer always provided another Mercedes when I serviced the car there, whether I brought my C or E class.
I was surprised when I took my CS to the dealer for the oil change (had an appointment) and they asked if somebody was going to pick me up as the car had to stay overnight. I thought maybe it was because I didn't buy my car from them, but reading this it looks like a norm.
While regular maintenance is not a big deal and I'm happy just getting a shuttle, warranty work is another matter and I'd be really pissed if I was put in a Neon, or worse had to pay out of my pocket for the rental

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Loaner when car in for service?