997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Loaner when car in for service?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 09:10 AM
bdschet is infamous around these parts
Loaner when car in for service?

How many of you guys get loaners when you drop off your cars at a Porsche dealer? Seems like every dealer in the Baltimore area has a relationship with Enterprise and you just get a P.O.S. rental instead of a decent loaner.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:21 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
That is common in Vancouver with most high end car dealers. They claim that there loaner car is out and all they have is a rental. I think that part of the problem is the warranties will only cover up to a certain amount per day for a loaner, and the cost of leasing a loaner to the service department is higher then they can recover on a daily dollar amount.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:38 AM
summoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nice
I always get a Cayenne....It was the only choice they gave me..

Old 05-29-2009, 09:42 AM
CCns23 has a spectacular aura aboutCCns23 has a spectacular aura about
Wasn't there already a thread on this??

But, just for the sake of answering the question @ hand. My dealer has a fleet of Porsche/Audi that they use when your car is in for service. They also have a contract with enterprise for rentals which I assume they use for people who did not buy cars from them. I have never been given an enterprise rental.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:46 AM
bikerdude is infamous around these parts
I usually get a Cayenne, or a Volvo S80.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:17 AM
lakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to behold
summoboy, what dealer do you go to?

Porsche Newport has given me, in order, a Ford Focus, a Nissan Sentra and, a Chrysler Sebring. Yuck!

Old 05-29-2009, 10:23 AM
summoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nice
Lakerholic ------ rusnak - westlake, auto gallery - woodland hills.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:25 AM
Fast997S is infamous around these parts
At West Houston Porsche they always give me a cayman s with sport exhaust.

Old 05-29-2009, 11:09 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
I got a Cayenne GTS...yes really...as a loaner a few months ago. I had to ask very nice and ***** very nicely to get it. However normally my dealer gives me a VW.

Old 05-29-2009, 11:31 AM
Tcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to behold
This is what I was told by a Porsche Service Tech. Maybe it's right, maybe not. PCNA will only underwrite a loaner program when a dealership shows that they have a certain number of scheduled appointments on a regular basis. The loaners that some dealers give may only be used for warranty servicing - for regular maintenance rental loaners may be given. This is how my local dealership works. I was told at another nearby dealership that they won't even give me a loaner because I didn't buy my car from them. (This is my memory and I've omitted dealership names just in case I'm wrong or they told me something they should not have.) My take is that dealers have leeway in their loaner program and that PCNA probably negotiates with dealers individually on loaner vehicle types and requirements.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:06 PM
swajames is infamous around these partsswajames is infamous around these parts
My local dealer always puts me in a Hertz rental car. I don't think they even have a loaner fleet. My prior two cars were BMW's and they always, always put me in a Bimmer when my car was in for service.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:07 PM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
I've had a BMW for a few years and they loaned me a bmw only if i called way in advance and was first at the dealer that day, otherwise, enterprise.
Porsche in manhattan has been pretty good about the loaner, I got a cayenne from them (v6 unfortunately)

Old 05-29-2009, 12:12 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I get an Enterprise car but often it's an Audi A4 or Jaguar.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:40 PM
Red997 is a glorious beacon of lightRed997 is a glorious beacon of lightRed997 is a glorious beacon of lightRed997 is a glorious beacon of lightRed997 is a glorious beacon of lightRed997 is a glorious beacon of light
I've not owned my 997 for very long but the few times I have had to have work done (mostly accessories installed), my dealer has always provided a Porsche. It's usually a Cayenne, but I did get a Cayman once.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:15 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Same thing at HBL in Tyson's VA. POS Neon's, but if you're nice to the clerk, they've hooked me up w/ Dodge Ram and Ford F-150 Quad Cab 4x4's.

But when I go to the Volvo Dealer in Alexandria and drop off my 118K mile 2005 Volvo V50 T5 for even an oil change, they put me in either a Land Rover LR3 or a brand new S80.......

Now that is service........

Originally Posted by bdschet
How many of you guys get loaners when you drop off your cars at a Porsche dealer? Seems like every dealer in the Baltimore area has a relationship with Enterprise and you just get a P.O.S. rental instead of a decent loaner.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Loaner when car in for service?