997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997S Seat Stain?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 10:18 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wa1l1in
575/day jeez... can lease one for like 750/mon now... insane.. didnt think would be that high but i guess they gotta set themselves apart.
His price is actually reasoable compared to years back when the Dow was at 14000+ , real estate was flying and people spent money . There's mileage restrictions though and every once inawhile they rent and the car ends up in the hands of someone like this. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...orgivness.html

Quoting First post -- photo found later in thread ---
turbo forgivness?
A few weeks ago i rented a gt3 for the weekend and downshifted on the highway and spun out into a wall. it was deffinantly my fault ( it was the second time i ever drove stick).i but ive herd the car is unforgiving and i see alot of videos of gt3's spinning out even with pro drivers. i want to get a porsche and was wondering if a turbo is more forgiving and any safer or is it the same as a gt3?

Last edited by yrralis1; 05-31-2009 at 10:32 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:24 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yrralis1
His price is actually reasoable compared to years back when the Dow was at 14000+ , real estate was flying and people spent money .

The rate was actually low given is age.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:47 PM
Jason94vr4 is infamous around these partsJason94vr4 is infamous around these parts
And the other place renting I meant 997 turbo, not 996 turbo. That was a typo.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:56 PM
Jason94vr4 is infamous around these partsJason94vr4 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ng997
I had no idea that could happen to perforated leather. All my previous cars have been BMWs without perforations. I just happened to by a Carrera s that had supple leather seats. I didn't like them that much. Seeing the stains, I like them alot better
Is this sarcasm or are you being serious? I honestly don't believe the stains were caused by my passenger. I just think they happened to notice them afterwards because they are very very hard to see.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I don't know about a top down cab but a 997.2 coupe might take an E55 .

Even a 997 Turbo is not meant to be a dragster . People convert it into one and it can be a very serious 1/4 mi car but in its stock form it's more a luxury power car in many ways .

Here's an Evt700 Vs an E55 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP4O_3-fB7U
E55 with a pulley would be more than enough. And it's a 4 door sedan But we're talking straight lines here, not corners. And by the way that's probably a stock E55 sedan vs. a non-stock 997 turbo which isn't a sedan.

Last edited by Jason94vr4; 05-31-2009 at 11:13 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:18 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by adias
Not fast enough uh!? Others disagre -https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...akin-fast.html

It's not a dragster if that's what you are after.

Re the seat... yes, any liquid, and Gatorade in particular, will forever mar the ventilated seats. What you see is the stained perforations not the top.

Rental cars and that include P-cars, F-cars, L-cars and others are trashed as those photos show. Renters just have no respect. They always say it's just a car and it's not this or that... sure, it's not THEIR car.
It is a slush box transmission, and perhaps only a C2 not a C2S.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:04 AM
Banned
daKrisht is infamous around these partsdaKrisht is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jason94vr4
Is this sarcasm or are you being serious? I honestly don't believe the stains were caused by my passenger. I just think they happened to notice them afterwards because they are very very hard to see.
Dude, you should have noticed and told them about the stains on the car BEFORE signing the contract. As far as they are concerned, you caused the damage.

I'm not saying you did but you should have checked in the first place.

And regarding your 997.2S not being "fast enough" comment, I can only say that you have no idea what you're talking about.

I'll tell you that after owning a W211 E55, E60 550i, E60 M5, W209 CLK55 and a few other cars - the 997.2S is definitely up there not to mention as fast off the line as an M5 and an E55.

Handling wise, the E55 doesn't even come close.

Porsche is a Porsche, don't compare it to an S2000, you sound like a kid... Wait, you are a kid!

Old 06-01-2009, 01:32 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
[quote][Porsche is a Porsche, don't compare it to an S2000, you sound like a kid... Wait/QUOTE]

Yep Dakrisht .. I was going to just ignore the thread where a younger member has bird crap on his seats and chalk it up to a learning experience for him .

BUT .. what disturbs me is the sense of entitlement that i see in so many of the younger folks . He wants to blame the rental place , criticize the car that he chose to rent , and hurl thse baseless arguments .

22 years old is not that young age wise . After all he's not a little kid and he's actually ahead of some of his peers . He can actually write a sentence . Some of his peers can't . He was able to rent a Porsche and only get bird crap on it . Some of his peers could do much worse .

It's not that I am picking on him . He may take it that way because I notice part of the entitlement attitude of a decent crop of his generation is that only they are allowed to criticize . The minute one points out the slighest slight .. boy oh boy .. do they get upset .

If he wants to believe that a 997.2 is slow or that his favorite cars are better .. he can . His ignorance won't effect reality .

Old 06-01-2009, 06:04 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
[quote=yrralis1;2406663]
[Porsche is a Porsche, don't compare it to an S2000, you sound like a kid... Wait/QUOTE]

Yep Dakrisht .. I was going to just ignore the thread where a younger member has bird crap on his seats and chalk it up to a learning experience for him .

BUT .. what disturbs me is the sense of entitlement that i see in so many of the younger folks . He wants to blame the rental place , criticize the car that he chose to rent , and hurl thse baseless arguments .

22 years old is not that young age wise . After all he's not a little kid and he's actually ahead of some of his peers . He can actually write a sentence . Some of his peers can't . He was able to rent a Porsche and only get bird crap on it . Some of his peers could do much worse .

It's not that I am picking on him . He may take it that way because I notice part of the entitlement attitude of a decent crop of his generation is that only they are allowed to criticize . The minute one points out the slighest slight .. boy oh boy .. do they get upset .

If he wants to believe that a 997.2 is slow or that his favorite cars are better .. he can . His ignorance won't effect reality .

Wooooowww! Spanked

Old 06-01-2009, 08:21 AM
strife_wy has a spectacular aura aboutstrife_wy has a spectacular aura about
[QUOTE=yrralis1;2406663]
[Porsche is a Porsche, don't compare it to an S2000, you sound like a kid... Wait/QUOTE]

Well said...

Old 06-01-2009, 01:42 PM
[quote=yrralis1;2406663]

Can I compare a Boxster to an S2000 at least? And of course the 997 would out handle a 4 door family sedan. And if you're going to make the "oh he's just a kid, at least he can write a sentence" comment, then look at your own writing.

"His ignorance won't effect reality" Learn the difference between affect and effect. Also, in no way was I blaming the rental place for them causing the stain. I don't see how you jumped to that conclusion.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by daKrisht
And regarding your 997.2S not being "fast enough" comment, I can only say that you have no idea what you're talking about.

I'll tell you that after owning a W211 E55, E60 550i, E60 M5, W209 CLK55 and a few other cars - the 997.2S is definitely up there not to mention as fast off the line as an M5 and an E55.

Handling wise, the E55 doesn't even come close.

Porsche is a Porsche, don't compare it to an S2000, you sound like a kid... Wait, you are a kid!
I'm just use to both of my cars being faster so maybe that's why I said it didn't seem fast. Like I said though it was still a fun car. And obviously a 4 door sedan isn't going to handle like a sports coupe.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:12 PM
ng997 is a jewel in the roughng997 is a jewel in the roughng997 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Jason94vr4
I am serious. Didn't mean any disrespect. I honestly didn't realize how easy it is to stain perforated leather being that I have never had perforated seats. Hope all works out well.

Old 09-05-2009, 09:46 PM
talkinghead is infamous around these parts
Saw a similar "stain" on a black V-Seat, new car on lot. Viewed up close, the holes are whitish, and the stain looked like what coffee would do. My guess is it would always show and impossible to completely clean..

Anyone else that have the V-Seats, please chime in and tell your experiences with V-Seats, please!

Old 04-02-2011, 03:35 PM
987fanatic is infamous around these parts
Angry

Guys, owner of a new, 500-mile old Boxster S 2010 here.

When the car came from the dealer (bought it out of state) it had a tiny stain the size of a thumb by the back of the passenger seat. It bothered me, but it was no big deal.

Last Saturday, I spilled bottled water (Dasani brand, if you must know) between my legs. i thought: no big deal, it's just water. So I dried it with a towel and I left the car.

Well today, after looking at my seat I realize there is a huge stain (about six inches long and 1 inch thick right where the water was spilled.
This is outrageous, can you believe regular bottled water will STAIN P-seats like that? the stain looks exactly like the one posted on the message in this thread!

Do you guys think I should complain to the Porsche service guys?

Regarding the rental, I think you should fight it, say these stains are so easy to cause that they could have been done by anyone...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997S Seat Stain?