997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

MY 2010 Carrera - Options / Price?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 07:33 PM
Banned
daKrisht is infamous around these partsdaKrisht is infamous around these parts
I highly doubt you will be able to get a MY2010 in August. That's my opinion and based on the facts it does not seem likely to be true.

Again, why not just get an '09?

There are stellar deals out there, the 2010 (whenever we see it) will be identical give or take a new button or two

Old 06-02-2009, 07:46 PM
camhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by daKrisht
I highly doubt you will be able to get a MY2010 in August. That's my opinion and based on the facts it does not seem likely to be true.

Again, why not just get an '09?

There are stellar deals out there, the 2010 (whenever we see it) will be identical give or take a new button or two
I had 4 dealers do a national search for me - the car I want doesn't exist. It would cost me thousands more to buy a pre-build one and turn it into the car I want, then to just do it right the first time.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:46 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by camhabib
I had 4 dealers do a national search for me - the car I want doesn't exist. It would cost me thousands more to buy a pre-build one and turn it into the car I want, then to just do it right the first time.
Most buyers compromise on an option or two but I can understand your logic . Keep in mind that you will pay extra for it in terms of time, discount, and stress but if you are set on a specific car then you do have to order it . Many have gone this route on the Turbo forum and some of those members really know the details of the most miniscule option item.

I have bought my car off the lot but I am agreeing with you . If you want it right and going in this deep you have to go the distance . Good luck,

Old 06-03-2009, 06:03 AM
kevin123 is infamous around these parts
For the $2-$4K increase, the dealer was just going off of what the increase was in previous years. Pure speculation.

Far as the June build and August delivery, the dealer said the car would be built in June and delivered to the port in August. Porsche then holds the cars at the port until the 2009 stock is depleted.

I don't understand how this works, or how/why the port would hold the cars for extended periods, but that's what I was told.

Old 06-03-2009, 06:15 AM
camhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not so much concerned about the exact date I get the car as much as I am about what the car will be, a MY2009 or MY2010.

Old 06-09-2009, 02:50 PM
BillyBob is infamous around these parts
You will probably get a MY2009 car. In reality you are buying a car which is 1 year old.

There are changes for MY10: go to the Porsche UK site (www...../gb). There you can configure a new car with the latest options. Note the expensive Powerkit....

IMHO: cancel and reorder a MY10. The increased cost is less than the depreciation of buying a MY09 car this close to a MY change

Old 06-11-2009, 10:28 AM
Porscheburn is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by kevin123
Many dealers have 2010 orders in that can be changed before the build date. No pricing has been set, but my dealer said expect 2K-4K higher than '09.

The '10 cars won't be released by P until the stock of '09s is reduced. Most likely sometime Sept-Dec. Expect to pay close to MSRP if you order one. My dealer was unwilling to discount, but I didn't try very hard either.
They are on their way to some Dealers (if you believe their new car inventories off their websites)!