997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

MY 2010 Carrera - Options / Price?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 09:19 PM
camhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond repute
MY 2010 Carrera - Options / Price?

I did a search and could only find one thread on this. Anyone have some information as to if they've released the price and options list for the MY2010? Are there plans to update or change anything? If someone was to order a spec car now, would it be a MY2009 or 2010 and when could someone expect to get it delivered? Thanks.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:21 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by camhabib
I did a search and could only find one thread on this. Anyone have some information as to if they've released the price and options list for the MY2010? Are there plans to update or change anything? If someone was to order a spec car now, would it be a MY2009 or 2010 and when could someone expect to get it delivered? Thanks.
Nothing is official unless confirmed by Porsche . The car was just redesigned for 09 . Many hope for PDK paddles but no one knows.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:27 PM
camhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Nothing is official unless confirmed by Porsche . The car was just redesigned for 09 . Many hope for PDK paddles but no one knows.
So if I understand this correctly, what it comes down to is that you can't order a MY2009 because they stopped making them, and you can't order a MY2010 because they haven't started making them yet.

Last edited by camhabib; 06-01-2009 at 09:38 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:16 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by camhabib
So if I understand this correctly, what it comes down to is that you can't order a MY2009 because they stopped making them, and you can't order a MY2010 because they haven't started making them yet.
If that's what you've heard it's probably the case . I have not asked anyone . We all can see the general turbulence of the auto industry and Porsche being a high end car has faced its share of a bumpy economy . I don't know what effect it will have on a guy like you who wants to place an order but if a dealership won't take an order it means they can't yet.

BTW --if you do place an order sometimes the wait is easy but other times it isn't . Just take a look at Porscheman1963's posts . He waited and he got the car he wanted but it was not with the ease he expected .

Old 06-02-2009, 06:16 AM
kevin123 is infamous around these parts
Many dealers have 2010 orders in that can be changed before the build date. No pricing has been set, but my dealer said expect 2K-4K higher than '09.

The '10 cars won't be released by P until the stock of '09s is reduced. Most likely sometime Sept-Dec. Expect to pay close to MSRP if you order one. My dealer was unwilling to discount, but I didn't try very hard either.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:27 AM
Tcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to behold
A similar topic came up not to long ago on pricing/ordering a 2010 built before Porsche shuts down the production line for the summer holiday. I won't recount what I remember from the thread b/c I don't want to pass on info that I'm not too sure about. Try a search on Rennlist, it might have been there I saw it (and maybe it was Edgy's response that I'm thinking of b/c he seems to have encyclopaedic knowledge of how Porsche operates)

Old 06-02-2009, 08:29 AM
CMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really nice
Originally Posted by kevin123
but my dealer said expect 2K-4K higher than '09.
I'm not expert in the ways of Porsche, but that sounds kind of fishy to me. Dealers are discounting substantially off MSRP to get MY09 cars to go away. The global economy has not improved and the prices are going up for the new cars?

People just aren't going to pay more for a 2010 than they would pay for a 2009, unless they make some very interesting improvements (which are not expected).

They can raise the MSRP, but they will have to discount it even further if they want to maintain the already low sales rates.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:52 AM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
Discussions of price increases and non-discounting on a 2010 car that doesn't exist essentially creates a zero-cost (for Porsche) incentive to move 2009's off the lot before the next model year manufacturing begins. True or not, anything they can do to perpetuate that perspective is, quite understandably, in their best interest.
Additionally, Porsche was smart to shut down and defer production rather than risk setting the precedent that discounting was part of their business model. They are a low-volume/high-margin manufacturer and cannot afford to slip in to the continuous discounting selling model. If I were them, having been caught with a glut of 2009's as a result of the world economy, it would be prudent to choke off that discounting process by deferring 2010's.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:25 AM
CMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really nice
Does the Porsche factory close for a month in the summer like so many European industrial companies? If they are closed for July or August, then it would make even more sense that you can't build your own 2009 at this point.

June production is probably spoken for, then maybe they are closed in July, then when they come back in August they switch to the MY10 and those cars hit the US in October.

Makes sense to me.

Old 06-02-2009, 01:28 PM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
There is no order guide right now and if you are in the builder using PVA their is no price update... everything comes out as 0.

Old 06-02-2009, 02:09 PM
J.Seven is infamous around these parts
I place my order on 19th May and three days later my dealer tells me, my car will be build in July, for August delivery. Car was all spec by me with lots of leather inserts , LSD, sport seats and olther specific options. Will this be a MY09 or MY2010 car?

Old 06-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Banned
daKrisht is infamous around these partsdaKrisht is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by J.Seven
I place my order on 19th May and three days later my dealer tells me, my car will be build in July, for August delivery. Car was all spec by me with lots of leather inserts , LSD, sport seats and olther specific options. Will this be a MY09 or MY2010 car?
Definitely a MY09.

Also, I agree with some that Porsche adding $2-4k on MY2010 vehicles does not sound right. I think that's just dealer talk.

There are so many MY09 911s at the moment that dealers are even 'claiming' they aren't making money with these $9-11k discounts.

Some dealers even say that they are not even making money on the financing. I see no reason why Porsche would increase the MSRP for '10s.

I also think that because of the state of the economy, high dealer inventory of '09s, cars moving slowly or not even moving at times, MY2010 will be here in October-December, if that.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by daKrisht
Definitely a MY09.

Also, I agree with some that Porsche adding $2-4k on MY2010 vehicles does not sound right. I think that's just dealer talk.

There are so many MY09 911s at the moment that dealers are even 'claiming' they aren't making money with these $9-11k discounts.

Some dealers even say that they are not even making money on the financing. I see no reason why Porsche would increase the MSRP for '10s.

I also think that because of the state of the economy, high dealer inventory of '09s, cars moving slowly or not even moving at times, MY2010 will be here in October-December, if that.
That's odd, I stopped by a few dealerships today and asked if I placed in order in a few weeks, would it be a MY2009, an MY2010, or an MY2009 that is invoiced as a MY2010, and I was "200%" assured that if I placed an order in a few weeks for a July build to be delivered in August, it would be a true MY2010.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:26 PM
Banned
daKrisht is infamous around these partsdaKrisht is infamous around these parts
Porsche doesn't build cars like BMW, MB (in 6-8 weeks, delivered). So I'm not sure how placing an order for a car in mid/end-June would be ready in 30 days for August delivery?

Also, the dealers don't even have any order guides / information for the MY2010 - they can't "order" a car without the proper instruction set.

The factory also takes a break at the end of summer (not sure of the exact date), when they come back they start building the new MY2010.

Get an '09, I highly doubt anything will be different on the MY2010s over the new, major re-design of the MY2009.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by daKrisht
Porsche doesn't build cars like BMW, MB (in 6-8 weeks, delivered). So I'm not sure how placing an order for a car in mid/end-June would be ready in 30 days for August delivery?

Also, the dealers don't even have any order guides / information for the MY2010 - they can't "order" a car without the proper instruction set.

The factory also takes a break at the end of summer (not sure of the exact date), when they come back they start building the new MY2010.
Well according to the dealer, what they would be doing is modifying an order for a car that is scheduled to be built in July, before the plant closes. Is there any chance a MY2010 could be built before the plant closes or it is always after they come back?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MY 2010 Carrera - Options / Price?