997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Your favorite wheels?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 03:20 PM
camhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond repute
Your favorite wheels?

Curious what peoples favorite stock and aftermarket wheels are? Seeing as I can't get a car without the rims, I might as well pick a good looking set, throw some winters / all weathers on them, and get a separate performance set. I'm a little torn between the Carrera S II, Sport Design, and Turbo wheels so looking for some opinions.

Old 06-02-2009, 03:55 PM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Get some HREs... I like the COMP edition.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:17 PM
Former Vendor
KrafTechnik is infamous around these partsKrafTechnik is infamous around these parts
+1 on the HREs, their Monoblock series are outstanding. I suggest looking into 1 or 3 piece forged wheels if you want a customized setup.

Old 06-02-2009, 05:25 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
It depends on the car . I love my competition Hre wheels with a classic racing mesh bu I selected the C20 because they are so traditional that it almost adds a touch of the race cars from the past into a modern car and I feel it blends well with an aerokit.

I also considered magnesium wheels . They are expensive (10K or so) and can get damaged on the street or track . A set of Dymags with titanium lug nuts is real nice .

Old 06-02-2009, 05:27 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Kraf --those P43's are awesome . They are my favorite Hre monoblock .

Old 06-02-2009, 05:44 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yrralis1
It depends on the car . I love my competition Hre wheels with a classic racing mesh bu I selected the C20 because they are so traditional that it almost adds a touch of the race cars from the past into a modern car and I feel it blends well with an aerokit.
I agree with the mesh statement...The porsche design,to me,has always been kinda-old school or at least the silouette(but still modern with the changes over the years),which is why I like the mesh style and also why I went with the gold colour.Pic below..

I love those wheels as well....lets face it.....hard to go wrong with wheels!
The car MAKES the wheels!
But as far as stock wheels....never have been a fan of anything stock,LOL!

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 06-02-2009 at 05:47 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:46 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I also say get the HRE's they are awesome wheels.

Old 06-02-2009, 06:22 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
OEM 997 GT3 wheels painted GT silver

Old 06-02-2009, 07:03 PM
C2SS is a name known to allC2SS is a name known to allC2SS is a name known to allC2SS is a name known to allC2SS is a name known to allC2SS is a name known to all
Originally Posted by justatoy
I agree with the mesh statement...The porsche design,to me,has always been kinda-old school or at least the silouette(but still modern with the changes over the years),which is why I like the mesh style and also why I went with the gold colour.Pic below..

I love those wheels as well....lets face it.....hard to go wrong with wheels!
The car MAKES the wheels!
But as far as stock wheels....never have been a fan of anything stock,LOL!

Stacy
What brand are those wheels?

Old 06-02-2009, 07:07 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
The wheels are DPE wheels...model S-20

Stacy

Old 06-02-2009, 07:13 PM
C2SS is a name known to allC2SS is a name known to allC2SS is a name known to allC2SS is a name known to allC2SS is a name known to allC2SS is a name known to all
Originally Posted by justatoy
The wheels are DPE wheels...model S-20

Stacy
Thanks

Old 06-02-2009, 07:22 PM
Banned
daKrisht is infamous around these partsdaKrisht is infamous around these parts
Those wheels are beautiful! Wow.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:30 PM
camhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond repute
No BBS fans here? I could never really get into the HRE look - most of their designs were a little too loud for me. I'll take another look at them tho.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:05 PM
GreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to behold
  1. Ask Wheel Enhancement which current wheel today would provide best trade-in value to them (new off car)...it varies per demand
  2. Pick wheel you like that will run tire size-type you want, don't listen to anyone, but do ask for help on pics, photo-shop (if you are unable), and ideal offsets (pics again)
  3. Order based on #2...ship WE your OEs (or sell em on the Boards)
  4. Winters are totally dif project IMHO....not sure if you really drive in the snow, but personally I've never used OE rims.....I go for something narrower in the back, again with tire in mind (sizes it come in) and again offset.
I've had good experience with HRE, Fikse, and OZ (almost always 3 piece).....but just went with TechArts....custom painted on the 09 C4S Cab.

Last edited by GreggT; 06-02-2009 at 10:10 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:39 PM
H-MAN is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by camhabib
Curious what peoples favorite stock and aftermarket wheels are? Seeing as I can't get a car without the rims, I might as well pick a good looking set, throw some winters / all weathers on them, and get a separate performance set. I'm a little torn between the Carrera S II, Sport Design, and Turbo wheels so looking for some opinions.
Since you are looking at factory wheels I like the Classic best then the Turbo's.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Your favorite wheels?