997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

My OTHER article in Excellence

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 10:18 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by adias
The article is great, but let's not deride other very good Excellence articles. I do not think they water-down anything.
Agree. Good point.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:26 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by blakt out
I know. Crazy, huh?

Tell Pete that it's the most amazing story you've ever read, K? I want to do it again!
I think you have a way with words pal... and also you don't mince them either. Seems like a perfect fit to me and so glad you got to do it. Now I just need my copy to come is all so I can see what this four door thing is _really_ like

Old 06-03-2009, 05:14 AM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
read it last week...good read...good job

all the best

Old 06-03-2009, 06:54 AM
afridi is infamous around these parts
Enjoyed the article.

Certainly was a good issue of Excellence.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:45 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Guys:

Thank you all so much. This means more to me than... well... telling me you like my car! I really want to write another, or be a test driver for another (got to be one of the four in the April 09 Issue) for Excellence. I totally agree with A. Dias. Pete Stout, Editor of Excellence, is on another level. The dude must have total job security to say some of the things he says. He's a great driver, and very very articulate. Like one of those big-nosed wine guys that smell it and spit it out, then read its mail. Somehow, it's gotten him tons of respect... with the MANUFACTURERS, which isn't what you'd immediately expect. For example, he has Alois Ruf's cell number in his phone. Ruf left Pete, who's just a tad older than me, with the one and only ORIGINAL Yellow Bird for a month or so... to DRIVE DAILY. And what did he do? He loved the car, but for a few things and then proceeded to tell the reader how insanely annoying the glove box was, but in a way that made me think that it'd annoy the **** out of me too. Since reading that mag, and meeting a lot of the auto journalists from all the big mags while in Germany, I've come to realize that Excellence might be the last of a tiny, non-corporate breed of auto journalism. No one else, well, other than the Driver's Republic guys maybe, had th fire in their eyes... the "gotta figure this car out" stares. I likely won't ever be doing something like this again, but I know where I'll be getting my information on cars from now on.

If I do get to do another, it will either be because Pete asked me to or because I came up with a great story and just wrote it and hope he published. Any good ideas guys? Seriously.

Mike:

Can't believe you didn't catch up with me! I mean, I can. Makes sense. But it would have brightened the day, for sure!

Jason:

Thanks much. I'd totally buy one now. There's not even a GLINT of wondering if I'd rather have an M5 or anything AMG. It'd be between the Panamera Turbo and the Quattroporte Sport, but the Turbo'd kill it and is actually nicer on the inside.

Ed:

It makes me happy that you grabbed a beer. I really liked the thought of guys doing that, because it's really a "thinking point" in Porsche's history. When we look back after 20 years, will it have been atrocious, or brilliant, or obvious? Oh, and I wouldn't be surprised for someone to GT race one of them! It won't be me though! Synergy would do a great job, I'm sure!

Ken:

Wow man. That's really cool of you to tell me that you read and liked the article before knowing it was me. Thanks for that and the compliments. Much.

Sharky:

Thanks! It's so funny to me that Pete now pretty much introduces me as his redneck friend. I think at first he thought that redneck meant that you were racist. I'm like, "No way dude. Not at all. AT ALL. But it IS a very real generational culture!" He proceeded to ask me all about it. So, I'd just tell him what life was like where I was from, and he'd try to keep his beer from shooting out his nose...

Buckwheat and Afridi:

Thanks. Yeah. It really is a great issue. I don't know how they do such a good job, writing about only one brand month after month, but it's my favorite mag.

You guys are great. I can't tell you how much your generous kindness on this means to me.

Jared

Last edited by blakt out; 06-03-2009 at 10:43 AM.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:11 AM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
enjoyed the article. I like the exposition on who is Porsche and why.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:44 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Just found out that the glove box wasn't the issue on the Ruf. It was all the bad fit and finish of a prototype. I knew it was something!

Old 06-03-2009, 10:48 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by blakt out
Just found out that the glove box wasn't the issue on the Ruf. It was all the bad fit and finish of a prototype. I knew it was something!
on the Yellow Bird, does that stuff really matter much...not to me! That car would be fun drive. Period. (I think that is a quote from your article)

Old 06-04-2009, 08:18 AM
Tcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to behold
Nicely written, entertaining, honest, and informative. Thanks!

Old 06-04-2009, 09:53 PM
OC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant future
just read it..great read..great job thanks!