997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

My OTHER article in Excellence

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 08:00 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
My OTHER article in Excellence

Hey guys,

I posted this up on the Panamera section too, but you guys are my boys. I probably don't know any of those guys yet. But I was actually invited by Excellence Magazine and Porsche to fly to Zuffenhausen and learn all there is to know about the Panamera. I've been all around their test track in both the 4S and Turbo. The article came out just now in the August issue of Excellence. I hope you guys dig it. I thought about working in a plug for 6speed, but decided not to.

It's pretty wild to see your words, and even photos that you took (when I'm not at all a photog) in such a mag. Really wild.

Take care, guys. I hope you enjoy the article. If there's anything I can answer for anyone, just post it up. I'll do the best I can. I'll tell you, I did NOT go in there liking that car.

My thoughts were kept under wraps until the article came out, but it's out now. Check out the issue. It's got a fantastic article on the new GT3 too. Yup. It's sitting on the back of the throne!

JC

Old 06-02-2009, 08:15 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Congrats on the new career!

I think I just had the Excellence arrive, I will open it up and read your article.

What's up with your car, haven't seen you much lately.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:19 PM
nucjd has a spectacular aura aboutnucjd has a spectacular aura aboutnucjd has a spectacular aura about
Will definitely check it out

Old 06-02-2009, 08:27 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Congrats on the new career!

I think I just had the Excellence arrive, I will open it up and read your article.

What's up with your car, haven't seen you much lately.
Yeah. I've been going through a big transition. Been missing you fellas!

I merged my marketing company merged with another company to keep business running well through this bad section. To do that, had to sell my house (which hasn't closed yet) and find another house (which I haven't done) and buy my parents a place. So I've been kinda in between really busy and down in the muck. Can't drive the 911 because of my shoulder surgery, but it's getting better. I drove it the other day, and had to eat some hydrocodone right afterwards. I miss that car so much. It's all good. Just can't wait. I think I may have steered clear of the forum for a bit also because I can't drive the car right now and I'd rather ignore it. I've got it stashed in Tennessee right now. I think I'll be good to go in a month though.

Thanks for asking, Ed.

JC

Old 06-02-2009, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by nucjd
Will definitely check it out
Sweet. Hope you enjoy!

Old 06-02-2009, 08:51 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Damn dude... are you kidding me? Way to go... I can't wait to get a copy!

Old 06-02-2009, 09:00 PM
ervjohns is infamous around these parts
I read the article the other day and it was very entertaining!

It was a very eloquent description of expectations being challenged and an honest evaluation. Tough job, but someone has to do it :-)

Old 06-02-2009, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by sharkster
Damn dude... are you kidding me? Way to go... I can't wait to get a copy!
I know. Crazy, huh?

Tell Pete that it's the most amazing story you've ever read, K? I want to do it again!

Old 06-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by ervjohns
I read the article the other day and it was very entertaining!

It was a very eloquent description of expectations being challenged and an honest evaluation. Tough job, but someone has to do it :-)
Wow. I really appreciate that. Pretty much my MO for the whole gig on that one. I didn't know what to expect. At Porsche, they want to make sure that everyone's going to give it rave reviews. I just told them that I was expecting to hate it and that I was trying to think of 6 pages of ways to say that I did. Just didn't turn out that way though. Thanks again!

Old 06-02-2009, 09:20 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Jared, I hope you heal up pain free real soon! Been missing you around here and since I've not seen you I did not contact you when I came through Asheville a few month ago on business.
I'd love to hear about the Porsche test track!

Old 06-02-2009, 09:30 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Read the article.... you made me want to purchase on of these suckers..... The points you made about function over form were excellent!

Jason

Old 06-02-2009, 09:53 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by blakt out
Hey guys,

I posted this up on the Panamera section too, but you guys are my boys. I probably don't know any of those guys yet. But I was actually invited by Excellence Magazine and Porsche to fly to Zuffenhausen and learn all there is to know about the Panamera. ...
I read the article. Excellent job! You make the point that PAG more than a sports car company, is an automotive engineering company. Very true! I am reading Ferry Porsche's 'Cars are my Life' and there is no question about that.

Your article is an excellent description of the Panamera engineering, showing its low-mass design, balance, ergonomics etc. I am not a sedan-type fellow, but I think this car is the sports sedan to beat.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:58 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Jared, sorry to hear that your shoulder was still keeping you from driving your 997, I guess you get to be a real redneck driving your pickup

Read the article, and grabbed a good German beer (as you instructed) and I must say what a great article. I think Excellence needs you to do more, don't get me wrong, there mag is well writen, however it is writen by an engineer, not just a plain car nut that sees them as really big toys. I am disappointed that you didn't get behind the wheel, would have been great to get your personal feedback.

When do you buy one and send it to Synergy for a complete overhaul?

Nice to see you back!

Ed

Old 06-02-2009, 10:05 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
I read the whole article the other day when my magazine arrived, but didn't realize until now who had written it. I was pleasantly surprised at the refreshingly honest comments and descriptions. The article wasn't sanitized like many of these sorts of articles can be. Great job and very well written. It certainly whetted my appetite to check out a Panamera one day.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:15 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by keninirvine
I read the whole article the other day when my magazine arrived, but didn't realize until now who had written it. I was pleasantly surprised at the refreshingly honest comments and descriptions. The article wasn't sanitized like many of these sorts of articles can be. Great job and very well written. It certainly whetted my appetite to check out a Panamera one day.
The article is great, but let's not deride other very good Excellence articles. I do not think they water-down anything.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My OTHER article in Excellence