997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Owning a Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 04:43 PM
shuffles is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mdj09
I know that there are other cars that will kill a porsche....
I don't know of any car at any price range (ok, bugatti type cars aside) that "kill a porsche". Are we talking from one stop light to the next in a straight line? Ok, there are certainly faster cars that are cheaper, but that's usually where the advantage ends for such cars. Are we talking on the track? I would say you'd be hard pressed to find a better track car than a gt3 at any price without heavy modding done right and costing alot of $$

Since there's a high likelihood that the OP is just trolling, I would say that OP should point out some cars that he feels would kill a Pcar. We can discuss them on a case-by-case.

Old 06-05-2009, 05:16 PM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
I bought mine for most of the reasons already stated.

J

Old 06-05-2009, 05:24 PM
stardoc is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by EJ-997
What if you just wanted a chick magnet?
In my neck of the woods, that would be a Ford F150 lifted and with flames off the wheel wells.

Old 06-05-2009, 06:47 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Buy a Miata

Old 06-05-2009, 06:52 PM
nucjd has a spectacular aura aboutnucjd has a spectacular aura aboutnucjd has a spectacular aura about
I understand ya Stardoc lving in Bama

Old 06-05-2009, 07:00 PM
camhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stardoc
In my neck of the woods, that would be a Ford F150 lifted and with flames off the wheel wells.
Shotgun in rear window optional I hope.

Old 06-05-2009, 07:55 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Buy a Miata
You actually raise an interesting point . Most guys when younger dream of owning a high end sports car as a "chick magnet" but the reality I have observed is that more women than not tend to comment on cars that they themselves would buy . A white convertible BMW would probably get more compliments than a modded up Gt2 . On the other hand the women who do drool on the Lambos and porsches might like the car yet rarely would buy one . Perhaps complimenting the car serves as an ego stroke for the guy they hope to impress as they consider their own early retirement .

Porsche actually made a commercial along these lines with the 996. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdVNL...50472&index=76

Old 06-06-2009, 10:38 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Depends where you live and what type of girls you are trolling for...

Old 06-07-2009, 07:34 AM
Joseph Tussard is infamous around these parts
Owning a Porsche

I think people own a Porsche because the automobile industry and among many of the world’s car enthusiasts, Porsche is greatly associated with superiority and excellence. The car brand is almost synonymous to high quality in automobiles, which has been resulted by years of outstanding experience in the car industry. Porsche is popularly known as among the best cars in the world. The popularity of Porsche car remains to be in its stable stand as it remains to be in the hallmark of the world’s best car brands.

Car lease

Old 06-08-2009, 12:03 AM
Banned
Edgy01 is infamous around these parts
Next year I'll be entering my fifth decade of Porsche driving/ownership. I started driving them before they were 'cool' and produced in significant numbers. They have been very careful to maintain a sense of what's important to their customers,--

(1) handling performance

(2) quality of its engineering/design

(3) reliability

Sometimes more exotic, faster, cars have two of those,--but they always lack #3.

Old 06-08-2009, 01:17 AM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Edgy01
Next year I'll be entering my fifth decade of Porsche driving/ownership. I started driving them before they were 'cool' and produced in significant numbers. They have been very careful to maintain a sense of what's important to their customers,--

(1) handling performance

(2) quality of its engineering/design

(3) reliability

Sometimes more exotic, faster, cars have two of those,--but they always lack #3.
This is exactly right. Driving in its purest form - 'Cars Are My Life' by Ferry Porsche.