997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

GT3 Lower Control Arms versus Tarrett Camber Plates

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 03:03 PM
zoomzoommo is infamous around these parts
GT3 Lower Control Arms versus Tarrett Camber Plates

I'd like to dial in more negative camber up front, and would like to know the pro's and con's of using GT3 lower control arms versus adjustable camber plates from Tarrett Engineering (link below):

http://www.tarett.com/items/996-997-...lta-detail.htm

Any advice would be appreciated.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:26 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
If you want to get more than 1º of negative camber you have to go with the GT3 control arms.

I went through this whole discussion with numerous tuners and shops.

If you want to do it right, and get some real camber for the track go with Porsche GT3 Control arms.

I just did this mod and went from -0.6º to -3.5º

It was like driving a new car on the track. I was laughing after my first few turn and was finally feeling the car more.

If you want to get a set of the Porsche Motorsports GT3 control arms PM me as I can get you a deal through my friend.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:05 AM
RonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond repute
Another nice thing is the GT3 Cup control arms are Porsche OEM... Have used them in my 07 and now my 09.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:09 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to behold
If you need any info on the GT3 adjustable control arms let me know. We have a set in stock and ready to ship.

ryan@suncoastparts.com

Old 06-11-2009, 05:27 PM
Ordered the GT3 lower control arms yesterday. About $700 excluding freight. Had to also get a 1 mm bracket for Litronics. Local P-Car tech said 1 hour labor per corner plus the realignment. Total project cost should be under $1,100.

Any suggestions on an aggressive street/track setup?

Old 06-12-2009, 10:35 AM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
You should have let me known, I could have gotten you a better price on the control arms!

Old 06-12-2009, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by mobonic
You should have let me known, I could have gotten you a better price on the control arms!
Gee, maybe because you told me $775 for the pair, which happens to be more than what I paid? Or perhaps because you couldn't provide part numbers? Take your pick.

Old 08-19-2009, 07:20 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SuncoastRyan
If you need any info on the GT3 adjustable control arms let me know. We have a set in stock and ready to ship.
OK please school me on these arms. What is the difference between:

Porsche GT3 arms
Porsche Motorsport GT3 Cup arms
Tarrett Arms

Your price is $1205 for GT3 arms...so how are guys getting GT3 CUP arms w/ install and alignment for $1300?

Old 08-19-2009, 08:35 PM
996toomey is infamous around these parts
I paid $595 a piece for the GT3 cup lower control arms. I have them on my car. Mine are Porsche Motorsports parts. I bought them from GMG but checked around and in May 2008 that was the going rate.

Last edited by 996toomey; 08-19-2009 at 08:48 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:14 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 996toomey
I paid $595 a piece for the GT3 cup lower control arms. I have them on my car. Mine are Porsche Motorsports parts. I bought them from GMG but checked around and in May 2008 that was the going rate.
I talked to some people tonight and am going with the Porsche Motorsport GT3 Cup lower control arms. Should be here in a week and on the car.

Old 08-20-2009, 02:29 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Guys what is the exact difference between the Porsche Motorsport GT3 Cup Lower Control Arms & Porsche GT3 Adjustable Control Arms???

I need some info please

Old 08-20-2009, 02:38 PM
cup arms give you more adjustability (more negative camber) and are built to higher tolerances.

Old 08-20-2009, 02:42 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mobonic
cup arms give you more adjustability (more negative camber) and are built to higher tolerances.
Yes, but are there specific differences between two products?

Old 08-20-2009, 03:06 PM
Got the Cup arms on the way...thanks

Old 08-22-2009, 06:27 AM
Originally Posted by sin911
Yes, but are there specific differences between two products?
I'm unsure of the differences between the cup and standard GT3 lower control arms.

I did spend lots of time researching this upgrade for my 997, and ended up ordering the parts from Sunset. Here is the best thread I've found on the subject:

http://www.planetporsche.net/cayman-...trol-arms.html

For the trailing arm, I had a local machine shop make two 8.5 mm thick washers, per the thread. I bought a 12" stick of 1.50" diameter aluminum, so it was a simple job for the shop. I think they charged $35. Lots of guys stack washers, but this didn't seem right to do. If you spend three times as much, you can get the 997 GT3 lower control arms and not worry about this issue.

Last edited by zoomzoommo; 08-22-2009 at 06:31 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT3 Lower Control Arms versus Tarrett Camber Plates