997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Lowered the Car with H&R springs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 12:07 AM
synergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to behold
As Alex and others mentioned, Porsche 997 H&R springs sag. I had them on for about 2 yrs and my drop went from what you see on this thread to well over a 2" drop. I upgraded to Bilsten PSS coilovers after the sag....hope you don't have the same issue.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:18 AM
DW997s is a jewel in the roughDW997s is a jewel in the roughDW997s is a jewel in the rough
looks great. i think it might drop a little lower after a few weeks. i have the H&R's as well and they became lower after a few hundred miles...

Old 09-15-2009, 07:41 AM
locus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond repute
Great write up! Thanks for your update

Old 01-02-2010, 04:56 PM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
Dragging this thread back from the dead.

I just had Eibach springs installed on my 08 C2S. I've read that it is important to have a 4 wheel alignment done after installing springs. I've put about 150 miles on since spring install. Should I put a few hundred miles more on them so they completely settle before doing the alignment? Or should I do it now so I don't wear the tires too much?

Thanks.

Old 01-02-2010, 05:29 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Axxlrod
Dragging this thread back from the dead.

I just had Eibach springs installed on my 08 C2S. I've read that it is important to have a 4 wheel alignment done after installing springs. I've put about 150 miles on since spring install. Should I put a few hundred miles more on them so they completely settle before doing the alignment? Or should I do it now so I don't wear the tires too much?

Thanks.
Not sure but the shop that did my drop did my alignment right away.

Old 01-02-2010, 06:35 PM
Sev
Sev is infamous around these partsSev is infamous around these parts
I did one right after install and did it again about 1 month later. At this point, it should be mostly settled. I would do it right away.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:04 AM
dnewc2s is infamous around these parts
I'm guessing this has been discussed at length in other posts, but can someone tell verify the differences here... from what I understand,

C2S is 10mm lower than a non S
C2S with PASM on is 10mm lower than that

How much lower is a GT3 than a C2S with PASM on?

I like the aesthetics of a slightly lower car, but I like the ride I have now (with the option of PASM on/off) and my driveway would probably rub the bottom valance of a GT3 bumper, which I'm considering as well.

Anyone here have a GT3 front bumper with NO drop? Seems like everyone does both.

Old 01-07-2010, 09:20 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dnewc2s
I'm guessing this has been discussed at length in other posts, but can someone tell verify the differences here... from what I understand,

C2S is 10mm lower than a non S
C2S with PASM on is 10mm lower than that

How much lower is a GT3 than a C2S with PASM on?

I like the aesthetics of a slightly lower car, but I like the ride I have now (with the option of PASM on/off) and my driveway would probably rub the bottom valance of a GT3 bumper, which I'm considering as well.

Anyone here have a GT3 front bumper with NO drop? Seems like everyone does both.
Here is data from workshop manual of alignment standard heights.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
height.pdf (28.6 KB, 161 views)
Old 01-07-2010, 08:01 PM
akim47 is infamous around these partsakim47 is infamous around these parts
lowered w/ gt3 front bumper or factory aerokit = you better not have a steep driveway...

alternatively, a lot of people accept it for what it is and purchase extra lower lip pieces...

ive seen cars lowered on springs that have the bottom of the front lip only a couple of inches off the ground...

Old 01-07-2010, 08:11 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by utkinpol
Here is data from workshop manual of alignment standard heights.
Nice of you to post. Interesting to note that the measurements are plus or minus 10 mm - basically the difference in ride heights of the suspensions, i.e. you could have a non S that rides lower than an S.

I'm not sure what Performance means. It may suggest the non- PASM sport suspension that is offered in Europe only. I don't think the cars were delivered here with any non- PASM sport packages. There is a sport option with lower springs and non-adjustable suspension in Germany.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:42 PM
cl997 is a splendid one to beholdcl997 is a splendid one to beholdcl997 is a splendid one to beholdcl997 is a splendid one to beholdcl997 is a splendid one to beholdcl997 is a splendid one to behold
Im installing damptonics this weekend on my C2S. thanks for the pics and comments, I will take note of the ride height (now with the GT3 front end). (apparently one full turn on the adjustment collar = 1.5mm height).

Old 01-08-2010, 11:12 PM
vrnkc is infamous around these parts
Nice but watch out!

Looks great! Watch out however: I lowered my base 997 one inch with the Eibach springs and I have to be real careful going up & down driveways etc. However the cosmetic improvement is worth the trouble.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:50 AM
ChrisC-AZ has much to be proud ofChrisC-AZ has much to be proud ofChrisC-AZ has much to be proud ofChrisC-AZ has much to be proud ofChrisC-AZ has much to be proud ofChrisC-AZ has much to be proud ofChrisC-AZ has much to be proud ofChrisC-AZ has much to be proud ofChrisC-AZ has much to be proud of
I had H&Rs on a prior car with no sagging noticed in 2.5 years of driving (987S w base suspension)

Not jarring at all, good firm ride. They definitely got lower over time, and did present a risk of underside damage to the front end over parking blocks, steep driveways and draining culverts etc.

Old 08-26-2010, 09:31 AM
Platinum997 is infamous around these parts
H&Rs def sag over time... I've learned Eibachs are better springs on the track unless you are changing your shocks as well. GT3 bumper and H&R springs make it very difficult to drive daily. Take a look at my car I'm about 2 inches off the floor. (I also have the GT3 cup lip)

Old 08-26-2010, 10:11 PM
jabed92694 is infamous around these parts
How is the ride quality after a couple years? I heard it suffers alot and you will need to change the OEM shocks since they were not made to sag that low. Anyone experience losing the ride quality after a few years and have to replace the OEM shocks?

Jon

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lowered the Car with H&R springs