997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Lowered the Car with H&R springs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 06:33 PM
carrera mike is a jewel in the roughcarrera mike is a jewel in the roughcarrera mike is a jewel in the roughcarrera mike is a jewel in the rough
Cool Lowered the Car with H&R springs

This is for those who are wondering how much H&R springs will lower their cars.
Hope these helps in making your decisions. H&R website claims 1.2" drop. I think that 1.2 is for the basic Carrera since the S is lower by 10mm.
Really happy with the firmness of these springs. Not rough at all(to my taste/ I know this is subjective) as I thought they would be. I was afraid it was going to be lower... but really happy with the results of this moderate drop.
I installed them over the weekend and here are some Before & After pictures with measurements.
1 Note though, with the first 4 pictures the car has 1/2 tank of fuel, and the last 4(after shake down) car with full tank of fuel. Im guessing that with the firmness of the springs, the extra .5 tank of fuel only lowered the front by 1/8"max.
My wheels are 19" with PS2s

These first two are the "before" the drop. Stock springs. 06 S/PASM
REAR

FRONT

These next two are right after the spring installation. Just rolled the car back and forth in the garage 4 times.
REAR

FRONT

These next two are after a good shake down/driving it for a day (approx 60 miles of VA freeway, bad expansion slats)
REAR

FRONT

With no flash/hides the inside of fenders:
REAR

FRONT

I'll post more pictures maybe few weeks of driving.

Full Pix
BEFORE

AFTER

Last edited by carrera mike; 06-11-2009 at 08:00 AM.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:50 PM
911nojoke has a spectacular aura about911nojoke has a spectacular aura about911nojoke has a spectacular aura about
soooo much better! nice pics.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:03 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
how does it drive? how hard was the swap?

Old 06-10-2009, 07:04 PM
rideontwo is a name known to allrideontwo is a name known to allrideontwo is a name known to allrideontwo is a name known to allrideontwo is a name known to allrideontwo is a name known to all
Looks much nicer that's for sure. How is the ride though?

Old 06-10-2009, 07:05 PM
stardoc is infamous around these parts
Love the color and the look. I love my H&R's. I don't know why Porsche has the stock ride so high, the wheel wells look so empty before lowering the car.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:09 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Looking good... and just keep an eye on things over time as I've seen H&Rs sometimes sag.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:12 PM
Sev
Sev is infamous around these partsSev is infamous around these parts
Nice pics. The springs will settle a little more and your gap will be reduced. I've had mine on for about 4 months now. It definately got lower from install day to about 1-2 weeks.

Also, if you are unhappy with firmness, consider adjusting tire pressures. I run 34 front 38 rear on 19 inch lobsters. Rides as good as any sports car ive owned...

Old 06-10-2009, 07:15 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sharkster
Looking good... and just keep an eye on things over time as I've seen H&Rs sometimes sag.
Heard the same thing and that's one of the reasons why I'm going with TechArt springs. The other reason is that with my driveway and GT3 front bumper, I can't really go as low as what the H&R's drop the car. I believe the TechArt's with my car will only drop about 15mm which is about all I can go.

However Carrera Mike, damn, that car looks hot. Nice job and great write-up with great pic's.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:31 PM
lakercarrera is infamous around these parts
if you don't mind me asking how much were the springs?

Old 06-10-2009, 07:42 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by lakercarrera
H&R's should set you back about $350.

Install price will vary.

Don't forget to budget in an alignment as well.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:49 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Looks great, nice write up.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:29 PM
carrera mike is a jewel in the roughcarrera mike is a jewel in the roughcarrera mike is a jewel in the roughcarrera mike is a jewel in the rough
Smile

Originally Posted by 911nojoke
soooo much better! nice pics.
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Looks great, nice write up.
Originally Posted by stardoc
Love the color and the look. I love my H&R's. I don't know why Porsche has the stock ride so high, the wheel wells look so empty before lowering the car.
Thanks. Same here

Originally Posted by Bara
how does it drive? how hard was the swap?
Originally Posted by rideontwo
Looks much nicer that's for sure. How is the ride though?
Thansk. As Ive written above I really like the firmer ride which i understand is subjective to everydriver. To my taste, they're not rough/jarring at all(like others write about them). I like driving through twisty roads and done have 5 DEs, so I dont prefer soft suspensions.

Originally Posted by sharkster
Originally Posted by Sev
Nice pics. The springs will settle a little more and your gap will be reduced. I've had mine on for about 4 months now. It definately got lower from install day to about 1-2 weeks.

Also, if you are unhappy with firmness, consider adjusting tire pressures. I run 34 front 38 rear on 19 inch lobsters. Rides as good as any sports car ive owned...
Thanks for the tips . I'll surely monitor their progress. Ill re-measure them and post pix over time.

Originally Posted by JoeShark
Heard the same thing and that's one of the reasons why I'm going with TechArt springs. The other reason is that with my driveway and GT3 front bumper, I can't really go as low as what the H&R's drop the car. I believe the TechArt's with my car will only drop about 15mm which is about all I can go.
However Carrera Mike, damn, that car looks hot. Nice job and great write-up with great pic's.
Thanks. Just the way i like it(the looks) too. No more SUV look

Originally Posted by lakercarrera
Got mine including shipping for $316.

Last edited by carrera mike; 06-10-2009 at 08:32 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:07 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
most of the negatives i have read were concerning a bouncy front end, not necesserily harshness.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:42 PM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Great information, thanks for taking the time to post up the pictures and the measurements Mike.

Old 06-10-2009, 11:14 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Looks Great!

As others have said, H&R springs will continue to sag over time....

Jason

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lowered the Car with H&R springs