997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Help finding C4S - None in NE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 05:59 PM
camhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond repute
I understand the concept of providing something for the dealer to fall back on should the deal go south, but $50,000? That would mean that the dealer expects this car to go for $85k should I pass on it. If the dealer feels uncomfortable being able to sell this car at sticker should the buyer back out, they should pass on placing the order. A deposit should act more as an incentive for the buyer to complete the deal, rather then a means for the dealer to profit.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:11 PM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
Not sure if you mentioned it, but what kind of discount are they offering?

Old 06-12-2009, 06:13 PM
camhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond repute
They were offering $5000 off the sticker of a $135k MY2010 car. Not really the best offer anyone made me, but around what I've been getting. Most discounts I've gotten were around the ballpark of 5%; this one fell a little short.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:19 PM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
You should be getting at least 7% on an ordered car...9 or 10 points off of a car in stock...the economy still sucks and nobody (relative to the typical numbers of people able to purchase/lease these cars in good economic times) is buying these types of cars...it is a buyer's market and everybody is getting their 2010 allocations...guaranteed they are not even close to sold out...there are sick deals on '09's at the moment...so 2010's are going to only make the problem worse unless they miraculously sell all the cars sitting in stock by then...not likely...just my 2 cents. Not sure how hard you want to push, but I pushed hard the last day of February on my car (and they told me they didn't want to deal on my black/black loaded C4S cab because it was so limited production)....a month later, they had 3 more in stock, and can't sell them!
You are in the driver's seat (so to say) and if you feel like negotiating, you will get a better discount than $5k.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:25 PM
I had assumed, starting this process, that I would easily get ~$10k off a build of my choice. However, I did visit several rather large dealerships myself, and saw with my own eyes, there really aren't many allocations out there for cars. One dealer, that I know for a fact moves at least 20-30 cars a month had no allocations at all for a MY2010 Turbo. None, and they were a "Premium" dealership according to Porsche. I'll go back and see if I can get a little more out of them, but sometimes the extra percent just isn't worth the trouble.

To be completely honest, I would be willing to pay sticker for an earlier build, but I seriously cannot find one (aside from the guy who wants a well equipped Boxster worth of money as a deposit).

Old 06-12-2009, 06:45 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
My very first reply om this C4S was to buy it off the lot . You do realizr that 5K off places you over the price of a Turbo and 30 grand over the price of a used Turbo .

I like the C4S but not enough to justify this type of headache.
I know this is the car you really want .

JCBH - I recall you once mentioned a dealership in LA (auto gallery) because it was yoir suggestion which led me to send Steph280 there and he did in fact buy a car and got a great deal. Do you think they would accomodate Camhabib ? I see on their website they have out of state shipping "right to your door" .

Old 06-12-2009, 07:00 PM
Yeah, that was the dealer I was referring to about the Panamera...I have sent them a bunch of people, all got great prices, service...I am sure they would take care of camhabib...they want to sell cars...talk to Eric Schwartz, the sales manager...tell him Jeff C. with the black/black C4S cab referred him...he will take care of him for sure.
I have an '08 GTS (loaded) also, and he was working his **** off to try to get me swapped out into an '09 with PCM 3.0 (once you have it, it is hard to look at the older one, and I am a tech junkie, so it REALLY bothers me!!!), all for the same payment...anyway, he couldn't do it because there was no inventory (I wanted an equivalent GTS)...but he worked at it and worked at it...but alas we gave up, I paid my insane (double) state DMV registration, and stuck with my GTS, but...what I am saying is that they are great people.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:06 PM
JCBH, you have a number at all for him? I appreciate the referrals, hopefully I can find something better.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:09 PM
aircavscout has a spectacular aura aboutaircavscout has a spectacular aura aboutaircavscout has a spectacular aura about
Just say one in Colorado Springs....

Last weekend I was in Colorado Springs and while waiting on my flight stopped by the local Porsche Dealer. Almost walked out of there with a new 2008 C4S. I think it can be had for 69K. Check out the link. If the wife was not with me I would have probably drove it back to North Carolina!

http://www.porscheofcoloradosprings....e_new_specials

Old 06-12-2009, 07:10 PM
ervjohns is infamous around these parts
Cam,

I think I mentioned to you before that I only put $2k deposit on my >$115K order for a non-mainstream custom order earlier this year, but it was a car already in the pipeline. Also even though they had a buyer (me) the build date was not moved up.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:10 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Cam --they gave Steph280 a great deal . The hard problem you have faced is getting the car earlier than Nov/Dec too.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:12 PM
Camhabib, here is the info:
Eric Schwartz
Auto Gallery
818-884-4411
erics@theautogallery.com

Since I don't know your name, can't tell him who is calling, but I can give him a heads up to take care of you if you wish to PM me your details.
Thanks,
Jeff

Old 06-12-2009, 07:15 PM
Cam: direct line for Eric is 818-268-1404

Old 06-12-2009, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by aircavscout
Last weekend I was in Colorado Springs and while waiting on my flight stopped by the local Porsche Dealer. Almost walked out of there with a new 2008 C4S. I think it can be had for 69K. Check out the link. If the wife was not with me I would have probably drove it back to North Carolina!

http://www.porscheofcoloradosprings....e_new_specials

I thought this car looked even nicer on their site . Used 997tt with under 3K miles asking 110K cobalt blue with ceramics -- NICE . I would buy a car like this today and save the 30 grand , big deposit, and wait.

Last edited by yrralis1; 06-12-2009 at 07:26 PM.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:23 PM
aircavscout has a spectacular aura aboutaircavscout has a spectacular aura aboutaircavscout has a spectacular aura about
Yep..... It was so sweet. It is sitting right in the front window. I was trying to sell the wife that I needed a C4S along with the TT. It just wasn't working....! They have some strong prices there. The 997 TT is just so nice i couldn't even get close to it. It was like a drug and I had to stay away!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help finding C4S - None in NE