997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Help finding C4S - None in NE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 07:38 PM
camhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond repute
Great news, the dealer that JCBH referred is able to get me a delivery date of September. Deposit is a little high (not nearly $50k) and discount not as great as others, but I'm willing to take a hit on both for the delivery date. Really pumped right now.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:53 PM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
Glad to hear...they like to sell cars!

Old 06-12-2009, 10:49 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by camhabib
Great news, the dealer that JCBH referred is able to get me a delivery date of September. Deposit is a little high (not nearly $50k) and discount not as great as others, but I'm willing to take a hit on both for the delivery date. Really pumped right now.
That's great . They seem to sell volume and have large inventory . Congrats on getting an early delivery date.

Old 06-13-2009, 06:36 AM
Sweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really nice
Originally Posted by camhabib

Good news, congrats. This is what you can do with a little persistence

Tells us about what your going to get?? Are you getting european delivery?

What wheels ect....

Old 06-13-2009, 06:43 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
I would seriously think about what Larry (yrralis1) suggested. Get a turbo and put the extra cash towards mods, you will be so much happier, and still would have the AWD for the boston winters.

It sounds so funny to try to persuade someone to get off a C4S and on to a TT, especially when they would be saving money doing so

Old 06-13-2009, 07:44 AM
camhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dinorocz
I would seriously think about what Larry (yrralis1) suggested. Get a turbo and put the extra cash towards mods, you will be so much happier, and still would have the AWD for the boston winters.

It sounds so funny to try to persuade someone to get off a C4S and on to a TT, especially when they would be saving money doing so
I thought about getting a Turbo, but to be honest, I hate tip trannys enough to stay away from one. The only way I'd ever get a turbo is if it was in a manual, and if I was going to get a manual, I'd get a GT3. That said, I drive a manual about as well as a pre-schooler performs open heart surgery. It may sound prudent, but the satisfaction of having a car that I designed and built exactly the way I want it, it's worth a few extra dollars in the end.

As for the options list, I'll post it as soon as I actually place the order for the car. It keeps changing so much, I'd probably have revised it another 4 times just by tonight.

Old 06-14-2009, 08:20 PM
I feel like this may be a very stupid question, but I'm going to ask it just to be safe. Is a car intended for sale in California any different then one intended for sale in another state? I know for here in Massachusetts, we have several small things (front plate, etc) that a car must have. I'm always hearing of "California emissions standards" and I'm just curious if a Porsche has to do any further tweaking to allow the car to pass inspection in that state. Also, as far as sales tax goes, if I buy a car in Cali while living in MA to be registered in MA, do I pay the ridiculously high Cali tax (like 11% of what ever it is) or the still high but more reasonable MA tax (5%)?

Old 06-14-2009, 09:13 PM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
California is also front-plate, and you will only be charged sales tax when/where the car is registered with your DMV...you shouldn't be charged twice for it...the California dealer will surely coordinate/help you with this.

Old 06-14-2009, 10:19 PM
997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold
I live out here in Southern California and all Porsches shipped to any dealer in the U.S., including California, are manufactured to be compliant with U.S. emission standards. All Porsches shipped to the U.S. state that the car complies with California standards, which tend to be stricter. No special tweeking involved.
When you buy the car from the California dealer, you only pay the purchase price.
Sales tax and license fees are to be paid to your state when you register your car for plates. The dealer can install the front plate frame prior to shipping. Also, don't forget to contact your insurance agent to make sure you have full coverage on your new car once you pay the dealer for your car. Needs to be on your policy so it is covered for any shipping mishap or damage. Once the car is paid for, you own it and the dealer is not liable for anything once it leaves the lot.
Good luck, post pics when your new addition arrives

Old 06-15-2009, 09:31 AM
nizzoc4s is a jewel in the roughnizzoc4s is a jewel in the roughnizzoc4s is a jewel in the rough
Just find one and ship it up from another part of the country. May I suggest FL? Lots of cars there and selection...and of course no bad winter wearing. That's what I did for my C4S. Sure, it'll cost yeah $700+ to ship it but...