997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Help finding C4S - None in NE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 09:23 PM
camhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond repute
Help finding C4S - None in NE

A bit odd of a request, but I figured I'd give it a shot as this place has proved to be helpful in unexpected ways before.

I am interested in placing an order for a custom build MY2010 C4S coupe. After calling around to most of the larger dealerships in New England (MA, NH, CT, and RI) it appears the soonest build date I can get from around here would be a December build with a delivery of about February. 8 months is a long time for me to wait just for a car to get delivered, and I would really like something sooner.

I was wondering if anyone knew if their local dealer had an allocation for an earlier build C4S? Dealers keep telling me that they just aren't getting any, but I find it hard to believe that Porsche expects the entire country to go without any new models for a good 6-8 months; they have to be allocated to some dealer somewhere. Any help you can give is appreciated. Thanks.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:30 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Did you call the two I gave you in Florida ? Both sell a lot of cars .
I also see that Auto Gallery in So. California (LA area) offers closed transport to your door.

Thse are high allocation regions. Usually a build takes about three months from what I hear but we all read the forum of unexpected delays .

Old 06-10-2009, 09:36 PM
camhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Did you call the two I gave you in Florida ? Both sell a lot of cars .
I also see that Auto Gallery in So. California (LA area) offers closed transport to your door.

Thse are high allocation regions. Usually a build takes about three months from what I hear but we all read the forum of unexpected delays .
I did call both dealerships and got the same response, December the earliest. As far as I understand, the dealerships I called knew of only one August build, which was allocated to some dealership in CA (the two or three that knew about it wouldn't tell me which dealership), but was already locked in and could not be changed.

How much would transportation be from LA to Boston closed carriage? I was quoted around $1200 from FL to Boston, but LA is substantially further away.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:37 PM
BostonRocket is infamous around these parts
According to a few dealers I have spoken to, they have not been given the allocations yet by Porsche for the 2010 build year.

'Rocket

Old 06-10-2009, 09:38 PM
Rocket, when did you speak with them? Every dealer I spoke with today said in the past day or so they received their allocations. They were all more then willing to share with me the info of what cars they could get me, just no C4S earlier then December.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:47 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by camhabib
I did call both dealerships and got the same response, December the earliest. As far as I understand, the dealerships I called knew of only one August build, which was allocated to some dealership in CA (the two or three that knew about it wouldn't tell me which dealership), but was already locked in and could not be changed.

How much would transportation be from LA to Boston closed carriage? I was quoted around $1200 from FL to Boston, but LA is substantially further away.
If thse high volume dealerships are saying the same thing they probaly hang up wish they could sell you a car sooner . I have seen people on the Turbo forum wait . I have even seen some forum members follow the car on the boat and greet it at the port. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ved-today.html

I read somewhere on the forum that 2K is an approx coast to coast that someone paid yet if it's from a dealership that sells volume and out of state you can try and work all costs into the deal (one out the door number).

Old 06-11-2009, 01:07 PM
BostonRocket is infamous around these parts
I have been in contact with many dealers in the last month or so because I am on the hunt for a C2S or a C4S with very specific parameters. From what it looks like, I am pretty close to pulling the trigger on a very hot C2S.

What are you looking for exactly? If price is no object, I would say just wait until December. If you are willing to take a car with certain concessions, you can score yourself a killer deal.

'Rocket

Originally Posted by camhabib
Rocket, when did you speak with them? Every dealer I spoke with today said in the past day or so they received their allocations. They were all more then willing to share with me the info of what cars they could get me, just no C4S earlier then December.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:50 PM
SpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant future
Boardwalk Porsche in Plano (suburb of Dallas), Texas likely has allocations. I am ordering a Panamera Turbo right now for delivery in October.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:03 PM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
AWD 911 Production is pushed back for some reason... We have heard that as well. What are your specs?

Old 06-11-2009, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
AWD 911 Production is pushed back for some reason... We have heard that as well. What are your specs?
I wanted it pretty heavily loaded, the PCCB's, carbon sport seats, PDK, carbon interior, white exterior. They apparently don't ever get pre-built like this, so a custom order is my only real hope (aside from ordering everything after the fact and paying through the nose).

I think I've officially given up the search. No one can get me anything sooner then November / December. It's just unfortunate I'm going to be taking delivery in the middle of a NE winter - doesn't leave much room to stretch my legs in my new toy.

One thing that a few dealers did mention to me was that when a car goes in the system as a "custom build" rather then a stock car, it gets priority so to speak. Has anyone had a car built before it's scheduled build date? I've heard everything from 60 days ahead of schedule if you get your info in soon and don't change it, to a few months after schedule due to "option heavy."

Old 06-12-2009, 03:34 PM
So I finally found two open September delivered cars, both from the same dealership (Herb Chambers, Boston). After going down, all excited to order a car, winds up they want a non-refundable deposit of $50,000. I mean, are they out of their minds? The deposit is meant to give the dealer some cushion if the buyer retracts on the deal. $50k is not a cushion, it's the entire sofa.

Old 06-12-2009, 03:49 PM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
That is insane! What was their rationale, once you got up off the floor????

Old 06-12-2009, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by JCBH
That is insane! What was their rationale, once you got up off the floor????
The "logic" explained to me was that their average C4S was ~$110k. Because mine would be $135k, they would need about twice the difference. They did make sure to remind me that should I purchase the car in the end, they would apply this $50k toward the car, and that if I was willing to build a car under $110k, they would be happy to accept a $5k deposit.

I just got a call from them a few minutes ago stating that they rethought the proposal and were willing to do $30k instead. I told them if they came to their senses by tomorrow afternoon they could call me back.

Old 06-12-2009, 04:25 PM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
I just discussed putting a deposit on a $160k custom ordered Panamera turbo for a friend of mine with my dealer, and they said $2k refundable deposit is all they need/wanted...that was for a friend of mine, who has never done business with them before...I think these guys you are talking to are on crack.
On the flip side, what if they are out of business by then???? It can happen...why would they be able to hang onto so much of your money???

Old 06-12-2009, 05:47 PM
They are afraid to get stuck with the car . A 135K C4S is equal to a Turbo in price and even those are not selling well. The Panamera is a different car plus its a launch of the entire model . More of the "gotta have it" .

BTW I had not heard of that dealershipuntil recently and I looked a bit and found some positive reviews here http://www.planetporsche.net/porsche-sales-leasing/24932-whats-deal-herb-chambers.html

I would get a full immediate refund clause if the car hasn't arrived by a certain date beyond what both you and the dealership feel is a respectable delay timeline .

Last edited by yrralis1; 06-12-2009 at 05:55 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help finding C4S - None in NE