997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Dealer demo miles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 01:01 PM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
It's a new car right? Never been registered so the warranty period starts when you do the deal. If it's a 'pre-registered' car the warranty (4 yrs/50K miles) clock is already in event. In any event it has plenty of warranty left on it so I wouldn't be overly concerned.

You might want to use the 'demo miles' as leverage for a better deal and/or have them offer up some maintenance coupons, accessories, etc.

Some one already commented that these cars are pretty much bullet proof. Of course if the 300 miles was track time or DE stuff it would be a different story.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 06-12-2009, 02:51 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by AP 997S
It's a new car right? Never been registered so the warranty period starts when you do the deal. If it's a 'pre-registered' car the warranty (4 yrs/50K miles) clock is already in event. In any event it has plenty of warranty left on it so I wouldn't be overly concerned.
I'm not completely sure of this, but I've come across a few "new cars" that had never been registered and that I'd be the "first owner" that had been "punched" and thus the warranty had started long ago.

There was one 2008 I was looking at recently. Had 100 miles on the odometer. Dealer told me it had never been registered and thus I would be the first owner (which he said meant that when it came time to sell the car, I could sell it as a one owner vehicle). HOWEVER, it had been "punched" back in July of 2008 so that's when the warranty started. They basically were trying to sell/price the car as brand new. The sticker was right at $100k and they said they would "let it go to me" for $90k. Uhhmm, yeah, let me go outside before I bust out laughing. After some more digging on my part, I find that they had gotten this car in January of 2008, punched it in July of 2008, and are now going to make me "their best deal possible" and let me have it for $90k? How do these people stay in business? Oh yeah, that's right, not enough people look at 6speedonline and get informed buying decisions. Dealers just looking for that one poor sap to pick up this "punched" 2008 at the great price of $90k.

Long story short, thank you 6speed for all the help

Old 06-12-2009, 02:58 PM
steph280 has a spectacular aura aboutsteph280 has a spectacular aura about
If the car was "pre-registered" and warranty clock is already ticking, have them throw in the CPO as part of the deal, thus getting you a longer than new car warranty.

Old 06-13-2009, 10:42 PM
BostonRocket is infamous around these parts
The car's warranty has not started yet, so that is a non-factor, thank goodness.

A twist has happened this weekend. Another dealer was able to offer me a 2010 build at a very good price, so now I no longer have to go through the toil of pulling the trigger on a possibly demo'd car for the price.

I am going to take delivery of a fresh-from-the-factory C2S in October. Now, I have to decide Carrara White or Meteor Grey. Opinions?

Thanks everyone. I do have a copy of the DME readout but it is long if anyone wants to see it.

'Rocket

Old 06-13-2009, 10:51 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
That's great Rocket . Both colors are awesome . Which do you prefer?

Old 06-13-2009, 11:23 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Glad to see how things worked out. Can't go wrong with a factory build.

White is definitely hot and was my first choice when I first started looking (than the wife reminded me that I've always loved black cars and that white might be a passing thing for me). Meteor is nice but had to much brown in it for me (especially in direct sunlight).

Old 06-14-2009, 05:18 AM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
white was my first choice, but I wanted a unique color, so atlas it was! I was looking for the malachite green as well, but none to be found in a C2S/C4S cab. I was going to order one, but the 10% discount and the financing deals/incentives were too good to pass up! Good luck with your choice and now onto the options!

Old 06-14-2009, 08:21 PM
BostonRocket is infamous around these parts
I have the order locked in as white because I worry that the meteor grey is too brown, as Joe said. With that being said though, I am also not the nicest to my paint, so I worry about the durability of the white.

'Rocket

Old 06-15-2009, 12:34 AM
500 is infamous around these parts500 is infamous around these parts
When I'm spending +/- $100k on a new car its delivery miles only for me...