997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Will Next gen 911 will have Panamera comfort features?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 06:45 PM
casaforte9 is infamous around these parts
Will Next gen 911 will have Panamera comfort features?

Per my sales guy Next gen 911 will have Panamera comfort features
such as
1) Auto Head lights 2) Porsche entry and exit- smilair to merc keyless go 3) Powered tilt and telescoping steering wheel 4) possible Air suspension in addition to PASM 5) Upgraded Audio - non Bose brand 6) Rear Camera in addition to Parking sensors in addition to the 997.2 features such as Bluetooth, touch screen PCM and XM radio

The rumours are the new 911 S may have about 420 HP and tuned to have less wind and road noise

Well I guess I will believe it when I see it in the next 2-3 yearsl

Old 06-15-2009, 07:00 PM
camhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond repute
I'm sure at some point, those features, or the ones that replace them, will make their way over to the car. It's all a matter of time tho. I do find it hard to believe that they will be standard however.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:13 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
Air suspension?

Old 06-15-2009, 07:56 PM
strife_wy has a spectacular aura aboutstrife_wy has a spectacular aura about
I sincerely hope not.

Comfort = bloat = increased weight = decreased performance.

IMO, a 911 should never have that level of creature comfort... owners interested in cushy bloated comforts should buy a Mercedes instead or better yet, a Panamera/Cayenne. That's what those cars are meant for.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:01 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
If those 'upgrades' are coming we better buy now and keep for a long time, because those cars will be luxury GTs. Some of us want as basic as possible sports car.

Last edited by adias; 06-15-2009 at 09:55 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:36 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
That's why I keep thinking "gt3" . The last GT1 legend.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:52 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I think that the Carrera with all those options will be way to heavy. As Larry says, the GT3 is the way to go.

Old 06-16-2009, 01:12 AM
UBoat Commander is just really niceUBoat Commander is just really niceUBoat Commander is just really niceUBoat Commander is just really niceUBoat Commander is just really nice
Other than the "air suspension" those features add about 10 pounds to the car. What's the problem?

Old 06-16-2009, 01:39 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by UBoat Commander
Other than the "air suspension" those features add about 10 pounds to the car. What's the problem?
It's not a problem for those who want comfort .
As Porsche moves in the direction of luxury .. it sends this Bangled BMW type of chill in the engine air. Next the 24 mo high residual lease deals , the pump and dump free service, and there goes the enthusiast neighborhood . It get replaced with attention deficit consumers , focus on sales, quick revisions , depreciation , and eventually will end up like athlete who strikes out before retiring .

The 911 can NOT go out a loser and the new Gt3 defies that . It thumbs its nose at the change and says lets dance this road one last time.

This car will be the legend of the future . The ultra luxury Porsche 911's will become dated quicky and be remebered as the ones everyone wishes he forgot.

Old 06-16-2009, 06:33 AM
NYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of light
Larry is spot on with the BMW comparison...I had 2 M3's and lived through the soul stealing they did on that car over the last 10 years..they are like Hondas now, albeit fast Hondas.

My advice to Porsche: Cut production and stay with what brought you to the dance and stay away from Luxury on the 911.

I drove mine back from the beach yesterday..100 miles highway miles with the top down..I have never had the radio on for more than 5 minutes at a time...it's the engine and feel of the car that makes me want to always own a 911 not the interior or gadgets. If this is the direction Porsche is going...buy a Turbo now...

Old 06-16-2009, 10:27 AM
casaforte9 is infamous around these parts
just a thought
As longs as the weight of the car is not increased, it may be fine but can this argument be made that earlier 911's were more visceral and sport oriented than 997.2?

Old 06-16-2009, 10:36 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Why does the Carrera...this is a small car you know...have back up sensors and why do people want a back up camera....do people really have that hard of a time parking such a small car? GEESH!

Old 06-16-2009, 11:24 AM
steph280 has a spectacular aura aboutsteph280 has a spectacular aura about
I agree, why on such a small car? We have a backup camera on our mini-van and it works wonder on something that large. But it's amazing how close we can get to an obstacle when backing up with a camera. People actually came up and bang my car warning me I am about to hit something.

Maybe soon Porsche will add that Lexus parking system so it will parallel park itself...that would be the end of 911 as we know it...

Old 06-16-2009, 12:21 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Mine has the back up sensors (bought it used came that way), and I like the audible warning as I am parallel parking. Not that I had a problem before, just a nice feature to have once in a while. If I was ordering a new one, I would not order it with this option, as mirrors are standard.

Old 06-16-2009, 01:16 PM
L Ray S is infamous around these parts
Regarding the back up camera, when the new version without side mirrors appears, the rear facing camera(s) could be used as a back up camera.

I could almost imagine that a rear-facing camera, using the current display, would be lower net weight than the two side mirror assemblies.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Will Next gen 911 will have Panamera comfort features?