997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Baby seat question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 09:00 PM
Zose is infamous around these parts
I don't typically post in the 997 forums, but this is in fact something that I just went through. The Britax roundabout will fit in the back seat of a 997. What they and several people don't tell you is that you need to remove the base of the car seat for it to really fit well. The actual base is held on by two plastic push screws. they just pop out and then you are able to remove the base. Front facing, it still sits at the correct angle and really fits sungly into the back of the car. I removed the back seat bottom in my car, a 996, that is just velcro'd in and put a towel down and it fits really well. My daily car is a Acura TL, and I found that the roundabout actually fits better in the TL with the base removed as well. I'm happy to post a few pics if you'd like since I'm actually going to be putting into the car tonight for a drive tomorrow.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:41 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Zose
I don't typically post in the 997 forums, but this is in fact something that I just went through. The Britax roundabout will fit in the back seat of a 997. What they and several people don't tell you is that you need to remove the base of the car seat for it to really fit well. The actual base is held on by two plastic push screws. they just pop out and then you are able to remove the base. Front facing, it still sits at the correct angle and really fits sungly into the back of the car. I removed the back seat bottom in my car, a 996, that is just velcro'd in and put a towel down and it fits really well. My daily car is a Acura TL, and I found that the roundabout actually fits better in the TL with the base removed as well. I'm happy to post a few pics if you'd like since I'm actually going to be putting into the car tonight for a drive tomorrow.
Ohhhhhh Zose, thanks for the reply and pic's would be GREAT.

Rep points to you for the pic's.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:28 PM
OK, here's the best shots I can get...obviously not a ton of room. Let me know if you want to see something that I'm not showing.

Here's a couple of shots of the seat in the car

Shot of the removed base of the britax roundabout.

Couple of shots of my 15 month old daughter in the car getting ready for her first ride!

Old 06-23-2009, 10:53 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Perfect.

Love the shot of your little girl as well. So cute

Old 06-23-2009, 11:14 PM
synergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for the pics, you just sold me on the Britax. I have the Graco Comfortsport and the fitment is not right for the back of the 997. Safety first!

Old 06-24-2009, 10:26 AM
lakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to behold
Nice write up Zose! Looks great! I may try the roundabout again, given that I definitely did not take off the base.

For those looking for a roundabout to buy, this is timely: Amazon is giving $50 off all Britax purchases of $150 or more. The roundabout is right there at $199, so the price is right! http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1000390381

Old 06-24-2009, 12:05 PM
locus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond repute
Great info, thanks guys!

Old 06-24-2009, 12:41 PM
dk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Zose
OK, here's the best shots I can get...obviously not a ton of room. Let me know if you want to see something that I'm not showing.

Here's a couple of shots of the seat in the car

Shot of the removed base of the britax roundabout.

Couple of shots of my 15 month old daughter in the car getting ready for her first ride!

nice pictures,
one question, where do the two straps on the front of the seat attach to? I looked at my car and couldn't find an anchor

Old 06-24-2009, 02:11 PM
kiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to behold
I use a Recaro Vivo booster in my '09 C4S. My daughter loves it, and it fits like a glove. It also cost hundreds less than the Porsche booster, looks better IMHO. Hope that helps.

Old 06-24-2009, 07:43 PM
h2woo is infamous around these parts
for those of you that have taken out the rear backrest for more room, could you explain the removal process?

Old 06-24-2009, 09:54 PM
VMM
VMM is infamous around these parts
John... those seats are awesome! When did you get those seats? I've never seen that color. The Porsche booster seats that I could find online and at the dealer were grey with the Porsche logo. My box stated that they were manufactured by Britax (in Stuttgart). I'm glad I got it as a throw in on my deal as they are pricey! Bought a Britax Monarch which it turns out is the identical seat (however with cupholders) but you pay like 200 dollars less when it doesn't have the Porsche on there!

Originally Posted by JohnAMG
Here are my Porsche booster seats. It fits nicely and smaller than my Britax booster seats.

John

Old 06-24-2009, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by dk10438
nice pictures,
one question, where do the two straps on the front of the seat attach to? I looked at my car and couldn't find an anchor
The two straps that are on the front are meant for cars equipped with the Latch System. 911's are not so equipped therefore you must use the seatbelt to secure the seat to the car. So basically when the seat is in this car, they just hang.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by JoeShark
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Perfect.

Love the shot of your little girl as well. So cute
Thanks for the compliment! This was a bit early heading out to a little car show / breakfast.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:10 AM
JohnAMG is infamous around these parts
[quote=VMM;2438877]John... those seats are awesome! When did you get those seats? I've never seen that color. The Porsche booster seats that I could find online and at the dealer were grey with the Porsche logo. My box stated that they were manufactured by Britax (in Stuttgart). I'm glad I got it as a throw in on my deal as they are pricey! Bought a Britax Monarch which it turns out is the identical seat (however with cupholders) but you pay like 200 dollars less when it doesn't have the Porsche on there![/quote

I got these booster seats this April when I got my 997. I got them from suncoast parts and it was $250 each. It has a smaller footprint than the Britax booster seats. These are for 4+ years and 40+ pounds toddlers.

John

Old 06-25-2009, 02:45 PM
warzilla is infamous around these parts
So how much is the porsche baby seat and how old can a child be to use it (or weight)? Does anyone know?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Baby seat question