997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Baby seat question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 11:50 PM
cfos is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by warzilla
So how much is the porsche baby seat and how old can a child be to use it (or weight)? Does anyone know?
From what I've seen $500+. Hope this helps with your other question:

http://www.porsche.com/international...ldseats/table/

Old 06-26-2009, 08:50 AM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kiet420
I use a Recaro Vivo booster in my '09 C4S. My daughter loves it, and it fits like a glove. It also cost hundreds less than the Porsche booster, looks better IMHO. Hope that helps.
Hi Kiet,

Would you mind snap a few pictures of your Recaro Vivo booster in your car? Do you have to remove the plastic base to make it fit perfectly? TIA.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:59 AM
locus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JmanE55
Hi Kiet,

Would you mind snap a few pictures of your Recaro Vivo booster in your car? Do you have to remove the plastic base to make it fit perfectly? TIA.
I second that!
looking forward to see some pictures

Old 06-26-2009, 09:10 AM
locus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cfos
From what I've seen $500+. Hope this helps with your other question:

http://www.porsche.com/international...ldseats/table/
Thanks for your information cfos, but $500 is too much for me.
I only carry my baby once in awhile so I want something in $200.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:36 AM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
If your child is old enough or tall enough the Recaro Vivo is the ticket. Just purchased 2 of them for my C2S. Here is a pic..

Old 06-26-2009, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by Zose
Couple of shots of my 15 month old daughter in the car getting ready for her first ride!

Very cute baby!.
I have a quick question for you (before I pull the trigger).
Front seat has enough space for the passenger?

Old 06-26-2009, 01:05 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Okay, so I've got a new baby boy on the way and I want him to be exposed to as much of the PCar world as possible to hang out with Dad here and Grandad who also has a PCar. That being said, could someone help with what they suggest are the best seats or SEAT optimally that can transition w/ the child as they grow up.

Most likely will not take the baby with me in the PCar until they are about 12-14 months old I think. But, I'm understanding here on this thread that the Britax Roudabout is the way to go correct? How long and what heights/weights is the Roundabout good to? Also, at what point is it just booster w/ back and booster without (and what would be the suggestion here also)????

Thanks everyone, PLUS REP for ALL who contributed to this thread. It is really helpful for us new dad's who do not want to sacrifice the passion for Porsche but rather share it with our next generation. THIS IS A GREAT THREAD!!!!

Oh yeah, I have a 2003 996 C4S. Thanks.

Berk

Old 06-27-2009, 02:06 PM
Majac4122 is infamous around these parts
I bought my car seat from Niello Porsche for $300. It fits my 3yr perfectly and I would agree that sharing my experience with my son is priceless. I love it when I come home and he yells out "Lets go ride in your fast car daddy." I remember our first trip to the dealership together and he had a reaction I will never forget. I guess he didn't notice all the Porsche's outside because he noticed a Black turbo on the showroom floor and he loves black Porsches. Well, on the way out of the showroom he finally noticed all the cars outside. He justed turned 3 so he doesn't really understand the concept of dealerships. He turned to me and said, "How come there are sooooo many Porsches here daddy." His facial reaction was priceless. It was like he was at Disneyland. Proud Daddy moment.

Old 07-18-2009, 02:39 PM
skremese is a jewel in the roughskremese is a jewel in the roughskremese is a jewel in the rough
I wanted to add one comment regarding the Britax Roundabout in the 911.

I have that car seat and an '01 Turbo. I removed the leather base & backrest from the 911 so the Britax actually pushes up against the firewall. I left the base on but did use a towel to ensure the Britax (who's base is a bit too wide for the 911) fits well.

It works great and is very solid as it's not pushing on cushion at all. It moves around less in the 911 (actually, doesn't move at all) than it does in our Sienna and Pilot.

However, now that my daughter's almost >40lbs I will need to find a new seat. I'd still like her in a harness as opposed to a booster + seatbelt so I've been considering either the Graco Nautilus 3+1 or the Britax Frontier. No idea if either will fit.

-Steve

Old 07-19-2009, 11:08 AM
oregondave is infamous around these parts
I wish I had seen this thread and pics a week ago. I just ordered the Maxi Cosi Priori seat from babiesRus.com and it will be here Tuesday. That was the only seat listed on carseatdata.org and several other forums confirmed it will fit in the back of the 997 (forward facing only). I'd prefer to have the roundabout as we have the marathon in another car now and love it. Oh well, i'll let you guys know if and how the maxi cosi seat works out.

On a related note, there's a lot of information on infant mortality rates for forward vs rear facing. In short, rear facing is always safer until the kiddies are a few years old. That said, I'll put my daughter forward facing when she's 20 lbs because we'll just be doing weekend drives once in a while. I won't be tracking the car with her in the back seat :-)

Old 07-21-2009, 08:31 AM
H-MAN is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by locus
I second that!
looking forward to see some pictures

Here is my Recaro Vivo booster. I have 3 of them and they work great and are easy to take in and out.

I also have the Recaro Young Sport for my younger child and it won't fit in the rear 997 seats, the base it too wide. For any other car it's a great seat.

Attached Images  
Old 07-21-2009, 09:53 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by H-MAN
Here is my Recaro Vivo booster. I have 3 of them and they work great and are easy to take in and out.
Nice!

I got one for my kid too, it should arrive tomorrow. Kinda odd we have to use boosters in 997 - seat itself is so small, my 4 year old fits there just fine without booster. But safety comes first, of course.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:16 AM
H-MAN is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by utkinpol
Nice!

I got one for my kid too, it should arrive tomorrow. Kinda odd we have to use boosters in 997 - seat itself is so small, my 4 year old fits there just fine without booster. But safety comes first, of course.
Agree. 911 rear seats are the perfect child size but in NC boosters are required under law until 8 years or 80 lbs.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:47 AM
kiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by JmanE55
Hi Kiet,

Sorry guys, I unsubscribed to this thread so I just view it today...I will post pics tonight if you guys are still interested...

Old 07-21-2009, 11:45 AM
lakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by kiet420
Sorry guys, I unsubscribed to this thread so I just view it today...I will post pics tonight if you guys are still interested...
Yes, please do.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Baby seat question