997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

For Closing, what do I need?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 06:14 PM
warzilla is infamous around these parts
For Closing, what do I need?

So going to close on the 997s this week. Its a p-dealer so when I go to the finance guy he's going to offer all those extra goodies so he can pump up the bottom line. So my question:

Is there any additional options that I should take or just ignore them all and sign the papers to drive the car?

The car will be CPO'ed.

Any thoughts?

Old 06-24-2009, 06:30 PM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
here you go......................

car should be detailed for pick up, fresh oil change, ask for a print out of any and all work in the main computer has on file, all manuals, all floor mats, look into price on front clear bra...... how much left on brake pads...less then 30% ask for new ones free of charge....how tires doing, if car has 18K miles or oughly that and original tires, you need new ones....check to see all tire valve stems have caps, open the glove compartment and make sure spring loaded cup holders work 100% and that the pen hold houses a nice Porsche pen.... then are like 20$ but most dealer will have one in place if asked.... few porsche crest key chains free and two keys.... that's about it. oh and if they try and charge some insane document fee, ask to waive nicely, when they dont threaten to walk from the deal... 50/processing fee fine. But many dealers get crazy and ask for multiple hundreds...don't pay it.

This is what you buy from dealer.....to get it all right 100%....could have found the car a few K less private sale so make sure it is worth it....

yes dealers hate this post.... hope it helps...

Last edited by mickfluff; 06-24-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:47 AM
Former Vendor
erik@sachssport.com is infamous around these parts
Ask about a wheel tire warranty. As I am sure many of us have experienced a nail in a perfectly good tire...then $500 later... Depending on the cost of the wheel and tire warranty it might be worth it. The price will change based on the wheel/tire combo and the length of the contract but I have found it to be well worth the money I have spent. I have bought it on my last two cars.

Make sure the F&I Manager that is printing the paperwork is on the same page as the salesman and you. Sometimes the details are left out. Verify everything with the him before signing.

Good luck and Congrats!

Old 06-25-2009, 05:32 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
I took tire/wheel warranty, clear film on the entire front, and lo-jack. TWW seemed like a no-brainer, and the film too (not my first black car), lo-jack - not sure, but I worry less, so maybe that's worth it too.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:35 PM
warzilla is infamous around these parts
How much does the clear film on the front cost? Is it better to let the dealer do it or go indy?

Old 06-25-2009, 06:51 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mickfluff
... open the glove compartment and make sure ... that the pen hold houses a nice Porsche pen.... then are like 20$ but most dealer will have one in place if asked...
Do new cars come with a pen in there? I was told they did not. Original P-branded pens are overpriced at $99 or so. Some dealers and aftermarket shops have their own knock-offs.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:35 PM
nucjd has a spectacular aura aboutnucjd has a spectacular aura aboutnucjd has a spectacular aura about
I did the clear bra, tire wheel warranty as well. Don't forget to get your Porsche baseball cap thrown in as well.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:52 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
I got a Porsche pen from Suncoast - $14 or so. Maybe not as cool as the $99 one, but for the glove box - perfect. Poke around their parts WEB and you'll find it. That umbrella for the slot in the passenger door sill is cool and LED flashlight for the ashtray lighter too.

As for dealer or after market on the film - depends on the who's doing it I guess. The guy that does it for my dealer doesn't work for them, they just have "an arrangement". But that way it is bought at the dealer and part of the sale, so I felt a little better about getting some weight behind it in case anything happens.