997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Customer Service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 04:58 PM
tejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by swajames
I have to empathize with the OP to some degree as my one and only interaction with Porsche Customer Commitment was also shockingly poor...
Unfortunately , +1 about six times, the # of times I've tried to get answers from the PCNA people. My dealer has always been good, fair, honest (at least the service end), caring, and expensive. Note that I did not say accurate, knowledgeable, or timely. At first I expected the national people to have better info, or be willing to get it; boy was I wrong.

FWIW: I had identical experiences with BMW on my new 04 M3; the best thing that happened here was I did not like the damn thing anyway and it was gone in less than a year. THAT was a truly expensive lesson.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:20 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by inject
One final note on this issue, I finally received a call from Porsche and they refused to fix the item. So much for good customer service, I hope everyone else gets better service than I have.

Ken
Why? The car is under full original warranty? And they won't fix it - has someone from Porsche USA actually seen the problem? There has to be more to it than that.

And the dealer - if it was cheap they'd fix it? What is that about? There's a lot of things under warranty that could go wrong on a car like this that I know wouldn't be cheap to fix - and how does one define cheap anyway? Seems like a very relative thing. Does the warranty have a "cheap" clause? Christ, I better go read mine over...

One thing though - Porsche should "man" up and fix it if the car is under full warranty, no matter why/what or whatever. That'd be the upstanding thing to do.

"What happened to warranty and consumer protection?" - Good point - is Porsche simply refusing to honor the warranty? That seems like a legal problem to me.

I think the responses you are getting that seem surprising are because some of us cannot get a good read on what is going on - I still have to think something is missing.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:38 PM
inject is infamous around these parts
When I received the call from Porsche I was told they would not fix the problem and that decision was final. I asked how could they make that determiniation without looking at the defective item and I was told that they made their determination based on the report sent in by the local dealer mechanic. Their determination was that an outside influence affected the product based on the mechanics report.

One other item is I really never thought that there was an urgency to have the item fixed since it was a pre existing item that the dealer was aware of it. I never did know why the dealer did not address the problem when the car was in the shop the first time. If I had not purchased the car it was not my concern, however after making the purchase I wanted to have it fixed.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:44 PM
skizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud of
Is this the same dealership you purchased the car from? I had a similar situation happen with a Honda, not a Porsche, but a Honda. I spoke with the service manager, explained the situation again to them and asked them one simple question, "what makes you think I will ever purchase another car from Honda, if this situation is not resolved." Granted, they may not care, they may not do anything, but ultimately, it is ridiculous in my mind that if everything you are saying is on the up and up, why they would not take care of this situation. I would not stop with pursuing a resolution. Letters to the right people, can make a difference.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:46 PM
nucjd has a spectacular aura aboutnucjd has a spectacular aura aboutnucjd has a spectacular aura about
BTW Inject, Welcome to the 6. These are some really good guys and gals on this site. I hope you get this resolved.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:08 PM
JohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud of
The worst part of this is that the cluster is not a $3K part to porsche..more like a $50 part. It is just a shame that they act like this to someone who put out $100K for the car. I would think they would treat you like gold. BTW, BMW is worse....I had all sorts of problems and contacted BMW NA and got a few form letter explaining why their car's engines were grenading and their ignition coils failing. A year later, they accepted full blame. Too late if you ask me!

Old 06-25-2009, 08:20 PM
ellistai is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by skizot
Letters to the right people, can make a difference.
Write to someone higher up, and explain your case in details. The fact (based on your quote) that I see above is that it's a pre-existing problem which was not trufully reflected on the report the PCA received from the local dealer. Or more precisely (again, based on your quote), the local dealer is not telling the truth.

Of course, different people would look at a thing at different angles. But at your end you should try your best to make the case!

Good luck!

Old 06-25-2009, 09:18 PM
kevin123 is infamous around these parts
You might want to take it to a plastic shop. They may be able to buff it out depending how bad it is.

Without seeing pictures it's hard to tell.

Also most warranties (i.e. GM etc.), will not cover cosmetic damage after 1 yr. I would expect that Porsche would sell the lens unless it's molded in.

Good luck!

Old 06-25-2009, 09:23 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Can you post pictures here ?

Old 06-26-2009, 07:53 AM
NYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
God loves Larry...........................says it how it is. To the point with no waivering

+1 One of the top go to guys on the board.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:04 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NYCPCAR
+1 One of the top go to guys on the board.

I may have spoken out of turn , I meant God and Everyone

Old 06-26-2009, 10:09 AM
inject is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

This is to update my delima, today I met with the General Manager and Service Manager of the Porsche Dealership. I explained the situation from my point of view and told them the instrument cluster had not been sprayed with any corrosive cleaner that would have caused the pre existing problem. After our discussion the GM came up with a solution and the car is fixed without Porsche's help. I am therefore impressed with the dealership management but disappointed with Porsche.

Thanks for everyones support.
Ken

Old 06-26-2009, 10:23 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by inject
This is to update my delima, today I met with the General Manager and Service Manager of the Porsche Dealership. I explained the situation from my point of view and told them the instrument cluster had not been sprayed with any corrosive cleaner that would have caused the pre existing problem. After our discussion the GM came up with a solution and the car is fixed without Porsche's help. I am therefore impressed with the dealership management but disappointed with Porsche.

Thanks for everyones support.
Ken
Glad to hear that your situation is all better. Some times it takes a few days for the higher powers to figure out what to do.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:26 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
I may have spoken out of turn , I meant God and Everyone
JJ, I am beginning to think that you might love Larry in the prison sort of way

I think he has some good points, but I definitely don't love the guy(sorry Larry)

Old 06-26-2009, 01:09 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
JJ, I am beginning to think that you might love Larry in the prison sort of way

I think he has some good points, but I definitely don't love the guy(sorry Larry)

Ed, That was good..........I just about pissed my self

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Customer Service