997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

C2 caliper upgrade possible?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 09:54 AM
spudz5 is a jewel in the roughspudz5 is a jewel in the roughspudz5 is a jewel in the roughspudz5 is a jewel in the rough
C2 caliper upgrade possible?

One of my biggest regrets for not getting a C2S is the red calipers. Are the calipers on the C2 and C2S the same? I know the roters are larger on the S but are the calipers larger as well? If they are different, is it possible to purchase a set of C2S calipers and fit them to my C2...thanks in advance.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:09 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
The front brakes on the C2 are the rear brakes on the C2S. If you are looking for better braking then you need an expensive upgrade. If you just want them red, buy some caliper paint!

Old 06-26-2009, 10:54 AM
strife_wy has a spectacular aura aboutstrife_wy has a spectacular aura about
Agreed... why not just paint the calipers?

The Porsche calipers are painted... in fact all Brembos are. Breambo has gone on record stating that powdercoating does not stand up to their tolerances for heat.

Old 06-26-2009, 11:15 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
yellow

Has been proven painting them yellow actually gives stock brakes better stopping power then ceramics from the factory......

Just if you do it (paint calipers no matter the color) do it right, have them removed, and painted by a professional.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:05 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
It's not the calipers, it's the rotor sizes. The rotors are bigger. You might be able to find some C2S takeoffs from someone that went to Brembos. Cheapest way to go. Otherwise, even a Brembo conversion probably costs you $5k plus.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:23 PM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
I wouldnt worry about the color, if you want to change your brakes, change them for stopping power. Yes it looks nice but I wouldn't go through all the trouble.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:37 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mickfluff
Has been proven painting them yellow actually gives stock brakes better stopping power then ceramics from the factory......

Just if you do it (paint calipers no matter the color) do it right, have them removed, and painted by a professional.
Very funny!

I have changed the colour of my calipers by working them hard. They are all dark red, instead of the nice bright Brembo Red.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:29 PM
spudz5 is a jewel in the roughspudz5 is a jewel in the roughspudz5 is a jewel in the roughspudz5 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by ryem3
It's not the calipers, it's the rotor sizes. The rotors are bigger. You might be able to find some C2S takeoffs from someone that went to Brembos. Cheapest way to go. Otherwise, even a Brembo conversion probably costs you $5k plus.
thanks for the replies. So just the roters are bigger? The calipers on the C2 and C2s are identical? I may look into upgrading the brakes as well as I will probably begin doing driving events.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:44 PM
Jetpilot is a jewel in the roughJetpilot is a jewel in the roughJetpilot is a jewel in the roughJetpilot is a jewel in the rough
If you are just starting out doing driving events, your stock brakes will be just fine. Stick to the tracking and if you like it, then swap out your stock front pads with Pagid yellow pads for your track weekend. If it is strictly for the appearance, then paint your calipers and save about 3500.00

I painted mine red and swap pads out for my track days - hence my reccomendation. my .02

Old 06-26-2009, 09:25 PM
T33
T33 is infamous around these parts
C2 Calipers upgrade

Seems like you regret not having the "red" calipers on the C2S. The calipers and rotors on the C2S are slightly larger than the C2. If you are upgrading, you will have to upgrade the rotors and calipers. The $$$ will not be worth it. And if you are just a newbie on the track, the performance difference will be unnoticeable. I would suggest having your calipers painted/baked (heat resistant) by a professional. Ask your Porsche dealer for reference to a reputable body shop. Do not do it yourself to save $$$. It will end up looking ugly and you will regret it and end up spending more $$$. Color choice will be up to you, depending on the color of your car. Hope this helps and good luck on your decision.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:56 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Spudz -My Turbo brakes have been sitting at the shop for so many months since i upgraded to Brembo . I keep forgetting to pick them up . I don't think they can fit on the C2 . You can paint your caliper or go aftermarket.

Personally --I went with Brembo and feel that they are amazing . You can get them in red or yellow . I opted for yellow (like it on the black car) . PM me if you me to refer you to them and no matter what you decide --good luck.

Old 06-27-2009, 07:04 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Spudz -My Turbo brakes have been sitting at the shop for so many months since i upgraded to Brembo . I keep forgetting to pick them up . I don't think they can fit on the C2 . You can paint your caliper or go aftermarket.

Personally --I went with Brembo and feel that they are amazing . You can get them in red or yellow . I opted for yellow (like it on the black car) . PM me if you me to refer you to them and no matter what you decide --good luck.
I thought Brembo made the OEM brakes for Porsche - did you get bigger rotors/calipers with your upgrade?

Old 06-27-2009, 08:19 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jetpilot
Stick to the tracking and if you like it, then swap out your stock front pads with Pagid yellow pads for your track weekend.
I just leave my yellows in all the time.

Old 06-27-2009, 10:10 AM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
If I'm not mistaking, Porsche brakes are actually cheaper than Brembos... You can get get them painted, or if you want more stopping power upgrade. If you decide to get them painted I suggest you get it done in a nice shop...

Old 06-27-2009, 08:17 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
I thought Brembo made the OEM brakes for Porsche - did you get bigger rotors/calipers with your upgrade?
They are larger- 15in 6piston
They also can stop 700Hp on a dime . Absolutely incredible . Some pics ..

Attached Images     

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C2 caliper upgrade possible?