997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Porsche:0 Xterra:1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 04:10 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
Thanks. Yes, police report was filed. She even admitted in the officer's presence.

Originally Posted by stardoc
Thats a rough accident. Just ensure you got an accurate police report with her taking full blame of the accident. I can see how someone can go home and decide that SHE was the one that got rear ended.
Good luck.

Old 07-03-2009, 04:13 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
No problem NorthVan. Gives me an idea of what's the damage.

Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
I don't think that it is that high. I was rear ended in my first 997, had similar damage in the front when I was push (thrown) into a Honda Civic in front of me. The rear was much worse, including the main frame rail on the right side being shortened 1/2". Total damage was about $30,000 (cdn). It is amazing that a 25,000 lb garbage truck didn't do more damage. I think it is about $6000 (us) to repair the car.

Sorry to start estimating your loss 808.

Old 07-03-2009, 04:40 PM
vexed is infamous around these parts
Ouch, that sux. Where were you? Are you going to take it to Busters (who P-Hawaii pushes) or do you have another shop you use?

Cell phone ban does not make a difference, people here can't drive for ****e.

BTW, you may want to get a copy of the police report when it is filed. I was hit in the rear in my prior car while stopped on the Pali. There had a been a three car pile up in front of me but I stopped, the car behind me did not. His insurance paid and I thought that was the end of it. Then I got one of those nasty notices from the city telling me I had to submit a SR-71 proving I either had insurance or had paid for my liability. I though WTH and called, they told me the police report showed every car hitting the car in front of them, I got a copy and was shocked. I need to drive to Kailua and fill out a statement to get it corrected.

Last edited by vexed; 07-03-2009 at 05:40 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 05:14 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by 808c2s
Mike,

Thanks. Yeah, on the bright side, neither party was physically hurt. Will make sure the coilovers are ok. Unfortunately, if it cracks, then I'll be very upset. This is aftermarket coilovers. Insurance policy does not reflect this.
insurance should cover the cost of the oem shocks if the aftermarket ones are damaged... same thing they do if you have "aftermarket wheels" on the car in a wreck they cover the replacement value of the OEM wheels.

best of luck dealing with insurance.. just dont be that guy that wimps out claiming stuff.. as thats what you paid for.

Old 07-03-2009, 06:48 PM
rockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to behold
Ouch. Sad to hear, but glad everyone was ok. If it's not your fault, then why isn't the other party responsible for ALL damage including aftermarket. I thought only if the accident was the owner's fault would the insurance company pay for OE unless stated and claimed on the insurance policy. Am I assuming wrong here, because that would suck if someone messed up your well modified car and you don't get anything back for it?

Old 07-03-2009, 07:02 PM
vexed,

This was at the Queen St & South St Stop light, by Kinko's.

I also heard that P-Hawaii sends their car to Buster, but I'm having ACME Fender take care of my Porsche. ACME did a great job at blending the GT3 bumper with the rest of the car. I witnessed them blend an F50 for a scratch. It was as if the car's paint was never touched.

Thanks for the tip regarding the police report. I will look into that.

Originally Posted by vexed
Ouch, that sux. Where were you? Are you going to take it to Busters (who P-Hawaii pushes) or do you have another shop you use?

Cell phone ban does not make a difference, people here can't drive for ****e.

BTW, you may want to get a copy of the police report when it is filed. I was hit in the rear in my prior car while stopped on the Pali. There had a been a three car pile up in front of me but I stopped, the car behind me did not. His insurance paid and I thought that was the end of it. Then I got one of those nasty notices from the city telling me I had to submit a SR-71 proving I either had insurance or had paid for my liability. I though WTH and called, they told me the police report showed every car hitting the car in front of them, I got a copy and was shocked. I need to drive to Kailua and fill out a statement to get it corrected.

Old 07-03-2009, 07:05 PM
True, but you spent a bunch of money on aftermarket parts to modify your car to your liking, and now you have to go back to stock. I guess it's better than nothing, but you know what I mean.

Originally Posted by wa1l1in
insurance should cover the cost of the oem shocks if the aftermarket ones are damaged... same thing they do if you have "aftermarket wheels" on the car in a wreck they cover the replacement value of the OEM wheels.

best of luck dealing with insurance.. just dont be that guy that wimps out claiming stuff.. as thats what you paid for.

Old 07-03-2009, 08:27 PM
vexed is infamous around these parts
vexed,

This was at the Queen St & South St Stop light, by Kinko's.

I also heard that P-Hawaii sends their car to Buster, but I'm having ACME Fender take care of my Porsche. ACME did a great job at blending the GT3 bumper with the rest of the car. I witnessed them blend an F50 for a scratch. It was as if the car's paint was never touched.

Thanks for the tip regarding the police report. I will look into that.
Acme= Dwayne Nasu. He's worked on a few of my cars, I literally run by his shop on my morning run. He's there very early. I've always thought highly of his work. He does Lexus, knows how to paint.

You should be ok on the report but I was miffed to say the least when I got the notice. I still can't believe how someone could back up like that but in this town nothing surprises me.

Good luck on the repair.

Last edited by vexed; 07-03-2009 at 09:26 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:38 PM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
Acme= Dwayne Nasu. He's worked on a few of my cars, I literally run by his shop on my morning run. He's there very early. I've always though highly of his work. He does Lexus, knows how to paint.

You should be ok on the report but I was miffed to say the least when I got the notice. I still can't believe how someone could back up light that but in this town nothing surprises me.

Good luck on the repair.
Make sure to file report in this case coz the SUV driver could have changed the story and blame the OP instead for rear-ending his / her car instead.

Old 07-03-2009, 09:20 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Time for a cup front bumper!

Jason

Old 07-03-2009, 10:45 PM
seven11 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by K-E-V
Make sure to file report in this case coz the SUV driver could have changed the story and blame the OP instead for rear-ending his / her car instead.
i have heard of that happening so be careful

Old 07-03-2009, 10:47 PM
Thank you. His son, Jon, did the work on my GT3 and rear spoiler. Great work. Good to hear about your experiences with ACME Fender.

Acme= Dwayne Nasu. He's worked on a few of my cars, I literally run by his shop on my morning run. He's there very early. I've always thought highly of his work. He does Lexus, knows how to paint.

You should be ok on the report but I was miffed to say the least when I got the notice. I still can't believe how someone could back up like that but in this town nothing surprises me.

Good luck on the repair.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:49 PM
Report has been filed with the officer at the scene. OP admitted in front of the officer that she backed into me. I will ask for a copy of the report just to be safe.

Originally Posted by K-E-V

Old 07-03-2009, 11:27 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
28 posts and nobody has asked if the girl that hit him was "hot"?

Only asking because the OP seems to be such a cool guy keeping his cool and and all and seems to be handling things well after the fact.

Old 07-04-2009, 12:02 AM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
Report has been filed with the officer at the scene. OP admitted in front of the officer that she backed into me. I will ask for a copy of the report just to be safe.
Good, that way she can't just the story on you later on. I have seen that happened before.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.