997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Porsche:0 Xterra:1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 12:22 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 808c2s
Kent,
I'm surprised how calm I was when this happened. I think I was in shock. .
I'm in shock looking at it and it's not even my car . It looks like structural integrity is spared My insurance will cover up to 30K of customizations if they disclosed . Beyond the 30K the owner is either on his own with replacement or they can recommend another insurance . Liability is covered but disclosure is a must. If you never informed your insurance it I do recommend that you do .

This accident however is not your fault --which makes it a different ball game than if it was. If your claim for full replacement is denied I suggest you then consult an attorney. He can address the legal matters of payment between her and your insurance . Take pictures , have receipts, same all documentation .

Good luck.

Old 07-04-2009, 04:30 AM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
yrralis,

Thanks for the advice. I have pictures. I don't have original receipts, but does credit card itemization count?

Originally Posted by yrralis1
I'm in shock looking at it and it's not even my car . It looks like structural integrity is spared My insurance will cover up to 30K of customizations if they disclosed . Beyond the 30K the owner is either on his own with replacement or they can recommend another insurance . Liability is covered but disclosure is a must. If you never informed your insurance it I do recommend that you do .

This accident however is not your fault --which makes it a different ball game than if it was. If your claim for full replacement is denied I suggest you then consult an attorney. He can address the legal matters of payment between her and your insurance . Take pictures , have receipts, same all documentation .

Good luck.

Old 07-04-2009, 04:42 AM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
Hehehe, it was only a matter of time. No, she was a 2-3/10. Not many a beautiful woman that I know drives an XTerra. Maybe that would have made the pain a litttle bit more tolerable if she were at least an 8/10 and drives a Porsche Cayenne GTS or Turbo.

Well, I tried to see the silver lining in every bad things. Something good will come out of this. No lives were lost or injured....that's the most important thing. Hell, I'm still in shock about today's event.

Originally Posted by JoeShark
28 posts and nobody has asked if the girl that hit him was "hot"?

Only asking because the OP seems to be such a cool guy keeping his cool and and all and seems to be handling things well after the fact.

Old 07-04-2009, 07:09 AM
NYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of light
I am in total shock of what just happened to your car. I guess numb is the best way to feel because the alternative for me would have resulted in a prison term.

Whenever I fired up the Pcar..it seemed as though I was fly paper for idiots. Women putting on make-up and blowing a red light...teenagers on cell phones switching lanes and almost hitting me.

I am looking for a Turbo, but after seeing your pics I think I'm going to buy a cement truck and switch lanes at will...

Good luck with the fix.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:44 AM
Thanks.

Originally Posted by NYCPCAR
I am in total shock of what just happened to your car. I guess numb is the best way to feel because the alternative for me would have resulted in a prison term.

Whenever I fired up the Pcar..it seemed as though I was fly paper for idiots. Women putting on make-up and blowing a red light...teenagers on cell phones switching lanes and almost hitting me.

I am looking for a Turbo, but after seeing your pics I think I'm going to buy a cement truck and switch lanes at will...

Good luck with the fix.

Old 07-04-2009, 12:50 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JoeShark
28 posts and nobody has asked if the girl that hit him was "hot"?

Only asking because the OP seems to be such a cool guy keeping his cool and and all and seems to be handling things well after the fact.
If she was hot, I am sure 808 would have wanted to rear end her

Old 07-04-2009, 01:54 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
The credit card receipts are better than nothing but whatever shop or parts center you bought it from may be able to print out a copy for you . They usually keep a record in their computer and it's to their benefit as well if replacement parts are re ordered .

yrralis,

Thanks for the advice. I have pictures. I don't have original receipts, but does credit card itemization count?

Old 07-04-2009, 05:16 PM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
GD that sucks. I'd want to implant my foot in her v***** if it were me. At least you're looking at the bright side of things and thinking about how you can get upgrades out of this. Sorry for your troubles though...

J

Old 07-05-2009, 02:27 PM
only if I were that lucky.

Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
If she was hot, I am sure 808 would have wanted to rear end her

Old 07-05-2009, 02:28 PM
Thanks.

Originally Posted by xXxGhotimanxXx
GD that sucks. I'd want to implant my foot in her v***** if it were me. At least you're looking at the bright side of things and thinking about how you can get upgrades out of this. Sorry for your troubles though...

J

Old 07-06-2009, 01:59 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
Kent,
The [driver] decided to turn into Kinko, but she was beyond the entrance point. So, she did the next "obvious" thing...back up to gain entry into the Kinko's parking lot while at a stoplight .
That seems to happen a lot in the US... drivers trying to rectify their car's location vs where they want to go, as they are past the point of making a change. Rather than just drive around the friggen block or making a turn-around further down the road, they make insane maneuvers 'on the spot', like backing up, or coming to a stop in the left lane because they need to get over 3 lanes to the right-turn lane in the 10 feet until the intersection.

I feel your pain. Now make the driver feel the pain of their insurance having to suck up that very expensive repair (new hood, front bumper cover, painting, etc. I'd be curious to know what the final repair bill comes to.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:53 PM
You hit my sentiment exactly on the head. If people would just pause and think a bit and not be so inconsiderate of others around them, things would be a lot better in this world.

Anyway, dropped the car off this AM at the shop. My insurance will take care of it first, then go after the OP's insurance for reimbursements. The OP insurance contacted me to start the claim process. They're awaiting the OP's version of the accident. Will see how honest she is. I still have faith .

I'm anxiously waiting for the repair estimate as well.

Originally Posted by Minok
That seems to happen a lot in the US... drivers trying to rectify their car's location vs where they want to go, as they are past the point of making a change. Rather than just drive around the friggen block or making a turn-around further down the road, they make insane maneuvers 'on the spot', like backing up, or coming to a stop in the left lane because they need to get over 3 lanes to the right-turn lane in the 10 feet until the intersection.

I feel your pain. Now make the driver feel the pain of their insurance having to suck up that very expensive repair (new hood, front bumper cover, painting, etc. I'd be curious to know what the final repair bill comes to.

Old 07-06-2009, 11:53 PM
vexed is infamous around these parts
You hit my sentiment exactly on the head. If people would just pause and think a bit and not be so inconsiderate of others around them, things would be a lot better in this world.

Anyway, dropped the car off this AM at the shop. My insurance will take care of it first, then go after the OP's insurance for reimbursements. The OP insurance contacted me to start the claim process. They're awaiting the OP's version of the accident. Will see how honest she is. I still have faith .

I'm anxiously waiting for the repair estimate as well.
I'll look for it as I run by tomorrow.

As I mentioned I went through a similar experience earlier this year (hit while stopped his fault) and I got a check directly from his insurance. If possible I would make her insurance pay you (or Acme) directly since no deductible out of pocket, and no claim on your policy. If they play games threaten to sue her in small claims court, that will wake them up.

I am sure Dwayne will take of you.

Old 07-07-2009, 12:36 AM
Vexed,

Thanks for the tip. I don't think you will be able to see my car, as it will probably be under cover per Dwayne. He was rather nervous having my car at his shop . I told him that he took care of an F50 before, this is nothing .

Originally Posted by vexed
I'll look for it as I run by tomorrow.

As I mentioned I went through a similar experience earlier this year (hit while stopped his fault) and I got a check directly from his insurance. If possible I would make her insurance pay you (or Acme) directly since no deductible out of pocket, and no claim on your policy. If they play games threaten to sue her in small claims court, that will wake them up.

I am sure Dwayne will take of you.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:00 AM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
wow that sucks! are you going to need a new lip also? if its not broken or messed up and you want to sell it ket me know. thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.