997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

New TECHART website launched today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 05:16 PM
Former Vendor
markccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to behold
Video New TECHART website launched today

TECHART Germany launched their new website design today.
This project represents countless hours and it is still not complete.
I hope everyone likes it.
As always, feedback is much appreciated!

http://www.techart.de

Old 07-07-2009, 10:52 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
I had to click on too many menus to see things in the Parts Program - made me lose interest. I would prefer it to be more like the Wheels section.

Wheels are was good although I got this message when clicking on the photos for a full view:

Internet Explorer's Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) Filter can help prevent one website from adding script code to another website. XSS Filter watches how websites interact, and when it recognizes a potential attack, it will automatically block script code from running. When this happens, you will see a message in the Information bar letting you know that the webpage was modified to help protect your privacy and security.
If the modified webpage does not work properly, try going to the home page of the website and navigating to the webpage directly. If the page still does not work correctly, contact the website's administrator.
Don't know if that is a big deal or not, but it is disconcerting and I don't normally see - or maybe have never seen - that message.

Otherwise, the site seems OK.

Old 07-07-2009, 11:01 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
It is a very complicated and inefficient interface. Too many repeated searches. I just want to find what is available for my specific model, and then be able to narrow it down if I so choose. Also, either many photos have yet to be loaded or they don't render on my Mac.
That rear diffuser is very interesting though. Can you PM me some info about it?

Old 07-08-2009, 05:11 AM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
I agree ^^^^^^

Personally, I feel the former Techart website was designed much better, was easier to navigate and more user friendly. There are nowhere near as many photos on the new site as compared to the former.

Old 07-08-2009, 06:17 AM
DaveC is infamous around these parts
As someone who has purchased Techart parts in the past, the new website is a major step backward. The previous Online Programs were more informative and the navigation was more straightforward. The new site actually has less content.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:58 AM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DaveC
As someone who has purchased Techart parts in the past, the new website is a major step backward. The previous Online Programs were more informative and the navigation was more straightforward. The new site actually has less content.
+1
Sorry, gotta agree. Cumbersome interface, no pictures, no prices. What's the point?

Old 07-09-2009, 12:19 AM
Vincent997S is infamous around these parts
+1
-Cumbersome interface, no prices.
-Too many repeated searches.
-Less pictures of items
-It misses too much pics
-Some item difficult to find
but design looks nice !

V.

Old 07-09-2009, 04:08 PM
Former Vendor
markccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to behold
Noted and forwarded to Germany.

Like I said, the new site is far from done.
Plenty of images still need to be uploaded.
The old site was familiar but really old (8 years+) and not without its flaws.
Hopefully we'll end up with a better product.

Thanks!

Old 07-09-2009, 11:01 PM
JBONDOx is infamous around these parts
looks good, reminds me of the Porsche site itself in a way

Old 07-09-2009, 11:33 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck with it. The feedback seemed very consistent. I hope you can significantly improve it. You might want to substitute the old one while it is getting reworked.
And I agree, it does have the same search feel as the Porsche site. Not terribly laudable.

Originally Posted by markccars
Noted and forwarded to Germany.

Like I said, the new site is far from done.
Plenty of images still need to be uploaded.
The old site was familiar but really old (8 years+) and not without its flaws.
Hopefully we'll end up with a better product.

Thanks!

Old 07-10-2009, 01:51 AM
jiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to all
i think customers like, to preview and see what they'll buy so now, hi resolution pics of products (ie each power kit, parts...) are a mandatory now and does not endanger R&D.