997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Convertible Top Care

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 08:47 AM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Convertible Top Care

What does everybody use to care for their convertible tops? What type of products, different products, and how often do you use these products. Just trying to get some help/advice to keep my top looking good.

Also, when you wash your car, do you wash the top with the same product as you are using on the body with the same mitt or do you just rinse with water?

Thanks in advance.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:03 PM
RH512 is infamous around these parts
Old 07-08-2009, 06:55 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Thanks. Just placed my order for the combo cleaner/protectant.

Last edited by JoeShark; 07-08-2009 at 07:17 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:14 PM
NYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of light
Cover your car/windows when using. Great product but it sticks to paint pretty good.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by NYCPCAR
Cover your car/windows when using. Great product but it sticks to paint pretty good.
Thanks, will do.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:07 PM
OC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant future
+1 on RAGGTOPP

Old 07-09-2009, 10:56 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
x2 for Detailer's Domain. They have everything you could possibly need.

I recently decided to get together my own supply of quality detail supplies. Phil from DD was SO helpful in getting me exactly what I needed to have a solid starter kit, without selling my anything unnecessary or breaking the bank. Truly a top notch business!

Old 07-09-2009, 05:22 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
+1 on the Raggtopp and detailers domain. I just purchased swissvax from Phil and then some other odds and ends including the foam gun! Phil gives great advice as well as having excellent deals on detailing products...just got 20% off my entire order!

Old 07-10-2009, 10:16 AM
DPorcella@sbcgl is infamous around these parts
+ whatever we're up to on Ragtop protectant. When my cab was new, five weeks ago, I masked the windows and put a couple coats of protectant on. It seems to repel water and dirt. Haven't even needed the cleaner yet. And if it truly has sunscreen properties, that's a bonus!

Old 07-10-2009, 12:03 PM
J.Seven is infamous around these parts
How about the own house Porsche cleaner? Is that good for anything or aftermarket products are better?

Old 07-13-2009, 09:35 AM
Weasel is just really niceWeasel is just really niceWeasel is just really niceWeasel is just really niceWeasel is just really nice
I used the Porsche stuff -- and was not impressed. Bought Raggtop for use the next time.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:18 PM
bwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to all
A quick (and embarrassing) question: is the top vinyl or fabric? I'm picking up my car tomorrow, so I can't just go check. I'm assuming fabric, but if someone can confirm, I'll place my order for the cleaner and protectant tonight while it's on my mind. Many thanks.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:53 PM
T33
T33 is infamous around these parts
Just wondering if there's any harm in using Car Wash Soap on the convertible top?

Old 07-30-2009, 09:05 PM
Weebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud of
I looked on Porsche's site, and found that they INSIDE of the cab top is fabric ("The interior hoodlining is made from a heat-insulating and soundproofing fabric."), but couldn't find anything about the outside.

From Autotopsdirect.com: "The topping materials are always Haartz premium first quality canvas fabrics" and "997 Carrera tops are made from Haartz German A5 topping material."

Still confused...

Mike

Old 07-31-2009, 11:19 AM
avmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to all
Feels like cloth to me... definitely not vinyl....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Convertible Top Care