997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

V1 mounting bracket

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 12:59 PM
avmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to all
V1 mounting bracket

Is there a recommended mounting bracket other than the stock "falls down every couple of weeks" suction cups, and the "can't use my visor anymore" visor clip, for the Valentine 1.

I've seen a few mirror mounts, but not sure if any of them are ideal for the 997.

Thanks,
Mike

Old 07-09-2009, 01:07 PM
ryans4 is a glorious beacon of lightryans4 is a glorious beacon of lightryans4 is a glorious beacon of lightryans4 is a glorious beacon of lightryans4 is a glorious beacon of light
try cleaning the suction cups and the windshield really well, mine's been up for at least a year now. Mine is all the way up to the right of the rear view mirror.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:18 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
What I do is just buy a good supply of extra suction cups from Valentine1. I think they cost about $1 from them. Every time the suctions start to fail, I just replace them..lol.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:22 PM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
Some else flattened out the visor clip and put in between the headliner and the roof.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:25 PM
otisdog is a splendid one to beholdotisdog is a splendid one to beholdotisdog is a splendid one to beholdotisdog is a splendid one to beholdotisdog is a splendid one to beholdotisdog is a splendid one to beholdotisdog is a splendid one to behold
I took off the clip and through bolted it to the bottom of my mirror (on my F-150).

Old 07-09-2009, 07:15 PM
avmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to all
I thought I saw a banner ad (maybe even on this site) for a bracket that attaches to the mirror, but can't seem to find it at the moment... The suction cups are not as I exagerated, but I was hoping to find something a little more solid.

Mike

Old 07-09-2009, 09:02 PM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
I didn't think the mirror mount would fit the Porsche mirror. I think the company was blend mount.

Old 07-09-2009, 09:18 PM
CMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really nice
Originally Posted by ryans4
try cleaning the suction cups and the windshield really well, mine's been up for at least a year now. Mine is all the way up to the right of the rear view mirror.
What he said.

They don't stick well when they get dirty. Just clean them and the windshield and you will be fine.

Old 07-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
I'll experiment with some different mounting options on our shop car tomorrow and report back with some options.

IMO it's a must to at least use the supplied hardwire kit that comes with the V1.

Old 07-11-2009, 01:00 PM
iron e is infamous around these parts
Function12 has it right. In fact you can do it without flattening the visor mount which allows reuse in rental cars etc.. Insert the visor mount clip under the headliner next to the mirror. The V1 will be at an angle and you want it horizontal, so the simplest thing to do is to insert something into open end of the visor mount clip to push the V1 horizontal. I used a strip of rolled up black felt from a craft shop to do it. Cut the felt to the width of the clip and roll up as much as you need. Just add felt till it is level and you are good to go - no rattles and still easy to remove the V1 if needed or remove the entire mount from car to car.

Old 07-11-2009, 04:25 PM
OC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant future
my cups work fine unless its really hot outside then one usually falls off..

Old 07-11-2009, 08:49 PM
L Ray S is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by iron e
Function12 has it right. In fact you can do it without flattening the visor mount which allows reuse in rental cars etc.. Insert the visor mount clip under the headliner next to the mirror. The V1 will be at an angle and you want it horizontal, so the simplest thing to do is to insert something into open end of the visor mount clip to push the V1 horizontal. I used a strip of rolled up black felt from a craft shop to do it. Cut the felt to the width of the clip and roll up as much as you need. Just add felt till it is level and you are good to go - no rattles and still easy to remove the V1 if needed or remove the entire mount from car to car.
Thanks for the tip. This is a great idea and I'll use it on my next install.