997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Love of Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 12:16 PM
lrdunc has a spectacular aura aboutlrdunc has a spectacular aura aboutlrdunc has a spectacular aura about
Love of Porsche

Quick little story -

I was driving down to San Diego this past Saturday (from Redondo Beach) in order to check out some different apartments and to generally explore the area a bit more as I'll be starting law school down there next month.

On the drive down the 5, I had the pleasure of "chasing" a beautiful, white 997S for a period of about 10 minutes. Sure, we were speeding (between 80 and 100mph) but the risk of a ticket was well worth the experience. The 997S driver seemed like a great guy...slowing down to let me catch him before taking off again.

Driving next to and "chasing" a beautiful Porsche is a great thrill for me, as I've been in love with the make since I was old enough to care about cars. I have no idea if the owner is on this forum or not, but regardless, I just wanted to say thank you generally to you Porsche owners that take a few minutes to humor us young bucks on occasion and to give us a little taste of what we desire to own in the future!

Old 07-14-2009, 02:09 PM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Nice, thanks for sharing.

Old 07-14-2009, 02:44 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
OP,

Cool story.

Old 07-14-2009, 04:22 PM
Former Vendor
MishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice story, thanks for sharing

Old 07-14-2009, 05:27 PM
lrdunc has a spectacular aura aboutlrdunc has a spectacular aura aboutlrdunc has a spectacular aura about
Here are a couple of cell phone pics of cars I've drooled over in the street:

Current car and future car, side by side

Finally, my car, pre-15% tint up front, limo around the back.

Last edited by lrdunc; 07-14-2009 at 07:47 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:45 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Uhmmmm, here's a plan. Marry the girl in the pic above and than you'll probably be able to drive the Turbo whenever. Worse case scenario the new father-in-law doesn't let you touch the Turbo, who cares, you married that girl

Old 07-14-2009, 06:49 PM
v21
v21 is infamous around these parts
Who goes for the rear wiper option on a Carrera let alone a Turbo???

I agree with JoeShark, her teasing you about the car with a martini in hand and her dad letting you drive it, augures well.

Old 07-14-2009, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by JoeShark
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Uhmmmm, here's a plan. Marry the girl in the pic above and than you'll probably be able to drive the Turbo whenever. Worse case scenario the new father-in-law doesn't let you touch the Turbo, who cares, you married that girl
LOL

I'm in the "friend zone" with her at the moment...We dated off and on for a while. Cool girl...maybe there's something in the future. Who knows? She's back with an ex, I think, and I'm starting school soon anyway so I don't really have time to worry about it at the moment.

Old 07-14-2009, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by v21
Who goes for the rear wiper option on a Carrera let alone a Turbo???

I agree with JoeShark, her teasing you about the car with a martini in hand and her dad letting you drive it, augures well.
I totally agree with you about the wiper.

As for the girl, we had some good times. Here's a pic from our table at Montage during OC Restaurant Week:

Last edited by lrdunc; 07-14-2009 at 07:46 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:40 PM
v21
Very nice.

Asian girls are stunning, my personal favorite. In fact, I'd add, nothing like an asian girlfriend/ wife in high heels, beautiful body, long hair and smooth golden skin in that full leather seat and a tastefully appointed P car.

There, in case you need some motivation and wonder why you are spending all that time in school: for where/ what it'll get you access to.

Now quick: delete these pictures before Google caches them and she finds-out you are posting pictures of her on the web, you devil.

Originally Posted by lrdunc
[...]
Wait...wasn't this a thread about how much I love Porsches??
Fixed.

Last edited by v21; 07-14-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by v21
Very nice.

Asian girls are stunning, my personal favorite. In fact, I'd add, nothing like an asian girlfriend/ wife in high heels, beautiful body, long hair and smooth golden skin in that full leather seat and a tastefully appointed P car.

There, in case you need some motivation and wonder why you are spending all that time in school: for where/ what it'll get you access to.

Now quick: delete these pictures before Google caches them and she finds-out you are posting pictures of her on the web, you devil.

Fixed.
Yeah, good thinking in regard to the pictures.

Anyhow, I agree with you about the allure of Asian women. Coincidentally, another girl who I dated during undergrad and still have a "thing" with is Asian - half Mexican, half Chinese, actually. She's beautiful. Loves Porsches, too. In particular, she's a fan of the 997TT (of course...) and the 356A. Impressive, right? I love taking her on drives in my current car...windows down, her in a sundress and hat...I can only imagine the thrill of doing it in a P car.

And I never lose sight of the fact that I'm continuing my education for a reason, trust me!

Old 07-14-2009, 07:52 PM
I could have sworn she was Korean (maybe she is and she's just visiting Japan). Oh well, we look at cars all the time. Nice to see a pretty girl (that's not some actress or tarted up model) for variety.

Old 07-14-2009, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by JoeShark
I could have sworn she was Korean (maybe she is and she's just visiting Japan). Oh well, we look at cars all the time. Nice to see a pretty girl (that's not some actress or tarted up model) for variety.
You were correct - she is Korean

Old 07-14-2009, 07:58 PM
v21
Yeah, good thinking in regard to the pictures.

Anyhow, I agree with you about the allure of Asian women. Coincidentally, another girl who I dated during undergrad and still have a "thing" with is Asian - half Mexican, half Chinese, actually. She's beautiful. Loves Porsches, too. In particular, she's a fan of the 997TT (of course...) and the 356A. Impressive, right? I love taking her on drives in my current car...windows down, her in a sundress and hat...I can only imagine the thrill of doing it in a P car.

And I never lose sight of the fact that I'm continuing my education for a reason, trust me!

Wow, that's an interesting mix. Good for you.

Best wishes for a good health and all the successful outcomes you'll chase.

Old 07-14-2009, 08:02 PM
You were correct - she is Korean

Hahah, thought so. Dated many Korean girls (so I had a bit of an insight) but ended up marrying a beautiful Chinese girl.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Love of Porsche