997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Wheels+tires combo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 04:11 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Wheels+tires combo

Hi,

could anybody advice if any place other than tirerack.com has good reasonably priced combos worth looking at? Car I`m getting sits on Alpine Pilots currently so it would make sense to me to have different set for summer as I hate to swap rubber on same wheels.

I wanted to go with Volks as I had those before on other car I sold but to my amusement I see no silver (car is silver so i want wheels to match) painted TE37s there in 19". Strange. OZ also does not come in 19" in most colors. Other brands jump out of 20 pounds category.

Is it common problem for tirerack or just a temporary stock issue?

Frankly it is not as important for me to get 19" as to keep summer wheels under 20 pounds if possible. are there any other better places to shop?

Old 07-15-2009, 04:18 PM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
There are several sponsors here who can help you. They are located along the right side of this screen.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:34 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
email damon@tirerack.com he is a sponsor and very helpful.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:56 PM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Get some HRE C97 COMP. Fronts 18.5lbs & Rears 21.5lbs. I love them on my car.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:10 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
I love my HRE P40's. Would also consider the HRE P43's on a narrow body. Dan at vividracing.com is the man on these.

If price is a bit of consideration, I think the O.Z. Ultraleggera HLT's look great and are available at a great price. Damon at Tirerack is the man.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:17 PM
skizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud of
best bang for the buck (both product, pricing and customer service) IMO is Wheel Expert. Peter was excellent and had I not worked out a sponsorship deal with a local vendor, I would have absolutely purchased my most recent wheels/tires from them.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:37 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by skizot
best bang for the buck (both product, pricing and customer service) IMO is Wheel Expert. Peter was excellent and had I not worked out a sponsorship deal with a local vendor, I would have absolutely purchased my most recent wheels/tires from them.
You got some new wheels coming, right? Can't remember which one's but getting them soon?

Old 07-16-2009, 08:33 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alan Baylis
Please visit our website. We have many options in stock.
Alan,

I looked at your website but for some reason on wheels selection page you do not show much of technical info, not even weight, plus I see no price shown. I am not sure if I like such an approach very much. It is always more comfortable for shopper to have a price base point prior to making a selection. Not seeing a price against a product makes to assume a 'used car dealership' selling methods that may not even be a truth in your case, but, still, is quite difficult to avoid.

Old 07-17-2009, 08:12 AM
I have a highly idiotic question that nevertheless puzzles me.
How wide can rear wheels be on C2?

I look at selections on tirerack and most 20" wheels it shows for my 2006 C2 suggest
305/25-20 tires. 19" wheels in total majority of them suggest 265/35-19.

So 265 sounds logical - it is current width on 18" wheels I have. how the heck can I put 305 ones there? What is the trick? Or do I misunderstand something?

Old 07-17-2009, 08:17 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Porsche sells a OEM wheel that is 11.5" wide, and they put a 305/30/19 on them. I am sure that you can fit a 12" wheel.

As for the 265/35/19 tire, this sounds more like a boxster/cayman tire size. OEM on the C2S is a 295/30/19.

Old 07-17-2009, 08:20 AM
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Porsche sells a OEM wheel that is 11.5" wide, and they put a 305/30/19 on them. I am sure that you can fit a 12" wheel.

As for the 265/35/19 tire, this sounds more like a boxster/cayman tire size. OEM on the C2S is a 295/30/19.
I do not own C2S - I am on C2. Well, I guess more googling is due.
I was under impression 265 was a standard rear width for C2. Go figure.

Old 07-17-2009, 08:23 AM
265 is the standard wheel width on a 18 x 10" wheel. You can fit a 295 easily on your car, either on 18" or 19" wheels. I have 18 x 11 in the rear (for the track) and I run a 315/30/18, no rubbing.

Old 07-17-2009, 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by Alan Baylis
The dimensions of your car are the same as the C2S as well as the GT3. Your car could have been ordered from the factory with rear wheels as large as 11.5x19, the Carrera Sport wheel, in which case you would have 305/30 19 tires. Your car can accept a wheel as wide as 12".
This is odd then - why tirerack does not show me any options for 19" wheels other than for 265 tires?
All options I see - BBS, Volk, OZ, they all show up as 265/35-19.

All 20" wheels show up as 305/25-20. What the...

OK. I changed model to C2S and right away tirerack started showing 295/30-19. I am confused. I do not want wheels to protrude out. Alan, what is the deal there, how can it be if C2 and C2S are of same size? Can you explain me this logic?

Last edited by utkinpol; 07-17-2009 at 08:52 AM.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by utkinpol
This is odd then - why tirerack does not show me any options for 19" wheels other than for 265 tires?
All options I see - BBS, Volk, OZ, they all show up as 265/35-19.

All 20" wheels show up as 305/25-20. What the...
It's a computer, Garbage In, Garbage Out.

Go back and tell the computer you have a C2S and see what options it gives you.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:10 AM
I actually did a bit of research and it seems that those wheels I liked -

O.Z. Ultraleggera HLT

are not forged first of all and may not be even safe to use as they may not meet the specification. Here is M5 related discussion it is discussed in more details.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60...lt-wheels.html

I assume it has same relevance for 997 then?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wheels+tires combo