997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

09 C4S CAB or 08 Turbo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 08:56 AM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
100% Correct

Originally Posted by NYCPCAR
My friend said one simple phrase: Don't test drive a Turbo...you'll end up buying one.

I'm going to vist a few Turbos on Sat and one 09C4S...if the weather is nice...I could be in trouble

Old 07-22-2009, 09:23 AM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
NYC you didnt say you had to pass this by the CEO. I NOW understand!!!

Yralis the PDK can do 4.1 with launch control but still not to close to the TT in 0-60
but like you say... in the curves.

Once you have a TT and then try other things the TT's song isnt so sweet. Try a GT3 or
two after that and you start to appreciate other things and doing things in a different
way. Then you will find yourself looking for other ways to appreciate the Porsche lifestyle.
Thats how I ended up with the C2S. All great ways to taste the 911 way.

Last edited by OldGuy; 07-22-2009 at 09:26 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:12 AM
mstams is infamous around these parts
Sounds to me like you are not going to be happy with either.

If you get the C4S, you'll still be wanting the Turbo.

If you get the Turbo, you'll still be wanting the PDK.

I predict you'll be trading soon either way. So if you can't wait for the Turbo PDK, I suggest trying to work something out with your dealer. Maybe you can arrange a buy-back or something like that. Then go with the better deal.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:13 AM
500 is infamous around these parts500 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Ok -- TURBO !!!!!!! it is !!!
Turbo is king!
Long live the king!

Last edited by 500; 07-22-2009 at 10:35 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:35 AM
phil_m is infamous around these parts
I'm in the minority here. I have the 997.1 C2S and I have dreamed of a turbo since I was a kid. After finally having the chance to test one I jumped on it. Power is just insane even in stock, but after taking it through a windy road that I'm pretty familiar with in my own car I just wasn't impressed. The car just doesn't have the same feel. The steering feels more disconnected and the car feels heavier as well. From what I understand some of this has to do with the all wheel drive which I know I'm not used to.

In addition if you need the auto for approval I've driven the tip and pdk and I really don't think its close. The pdk responds leaps and bounds above the tip. As a manual driver for 20 years it is the first tranny that has made me think of switching over.

I would hands down take an 09 with all of the new bells and whistles over the older turbo. Power wise we're talking 4.1 vs 3.6 in a straight line. Last I checked 4.1 is still freaking fast New nav, bluetooth, maybe ventilated seats for the cab in summer. And if you're only driving 4k miles during the summer I would take the 2s over the 4, save some money and as I said earlier I think the handling feel on the 2 is superior.

Old 07-22-2009, 02:39 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Jeff,
Rosyln has a silver automatic cab and Champion has a special colour blue automatic cab. And I am positive u can work the prices

Old 07-22-2009, 09:53 PM
NYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by dinorocz
c'mon Jeff, TURBO TURBO TURBO, LOL, if you go to manhattan motorcars talk with Nader, he is a really down to earth and easy to deal with guy.
Hi Danny,
I know Nader since he worked at BMW...your right he is a good guy...thought he was selling Bentleys there...I'll call and see what he's got.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:58 PM
NYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
Jeff,
Rosyln has a silver automatic cab and Champion has a special colour blue automatic cab. And I am positive u can work the prices
I'll put it on the list, thanks!!

Old 07-22-2009, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by mstams
Sounds to me like you are not going to be happy with either.

If you get the C4S, you'll still be wanting the Turbo.

If you get the Turbo, you'll still be wanting the PDK.

I predict you'll be trading soon either way. So if you can't wait for the Turbo PDK, I suggest trying to work something out with your dealer. Maybe you can arrange a buy-back or something like that. Then go with the better deal.
If I trade another Pcar after a year my wife will probably trade me. Your exactly right, this is my "terrible" problem...lol I just really am losing sleep over buying the right car again...Going to really drive both on Sat..we'll see and thanks for all the feedback.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:28 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I placed my hand on an 09 Turbo cab today . Atlas . black .. nice . If you are going as high as 110K is 130 (after estimated discounts) that far off ? Plus you get all the ipod gadgets. The deals on a Turbo tip are harder to come by because the car itself is scarce thse days . Awhile back there were tons of them but with supply low demand is higher.

Old 07-23-2009, 06:03 AM
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I placed my hand on an 09 Turbo cab today . Atlas . black .. nice . If you are going as high as 110K is 130 (after estimated discounts) that far off ? Plus you get all the ipod gadgets. The deals on a Turbo tip are harder to come by because the car itself is scarce thse days . Awhile back there were tons of them but with supply low demand is higher.
130K is a little harder for me to get to...mentally. We will see though, with all the deals members on this board(congrats BTW) are getting, I have to consider PDK a little more and is the first reason why I sold the 06.

Is there a confirmed date/landing when PDK will make it to the turbo?

Old 07-23-2009, 06:08 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
130K is a little harder for me to get to...mentally. We will see though, with all the deals members on this board(congrats BTW) are getting, I have to consider PDK a little more and is the first reason why I sold the 06.

Jeff,
An idea..........tell the wife she read the sale price wrong! Its 103k not 130k

Old 07-23-2009, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
Jeff,
An idea..........tell the wife she read the sale price wrong! Its 103k not 130k
Not a Bad idea...not a bad idea at all...she does it with hand bags and watches. I will have no say on what she brings home from shopping if I pull this trigger on Sat.

Hopefully the weather is nice and I can really drive both cars one right after another and compare. Heck Larry went PDK(albeit for a DD) he fogged my whole game plan now I really have no idea has this is going to go..if I get a deal...it will be done.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:25 AM
BruceWonder is infamous around these parts
go for the turbo...your most likely your going to end up getting one in the future, why not satisfy yourself now

Old 07-24-2009, 01:05 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !

You can always offer less .. at any dealership on a new car and hope that end of the month will produce a deal. The Turbo market is very different though . With less cars than C2S and C4S cabs dealerships count on profitability on the few cars they do sell. With new Turbos it's an expensive car and the buyer , although concerned with price , has a harder time negotiating it. That's not to say that one can't offer 30K under MSRP . Incentives are hard to come by although awhile back there were lease deals but even those are over and rare .

The used Turbo market has tremendous potential but there is some risk buying a used 100+K car . It's great if the car runs well but its a lot of money if there's a problem .

Also miles are a bigger issue on a Turbo . The mileage curve goes like this .. the more expensive the car the more expensive the miles depeciate it . A Ferrari with 20K miles might sit on a lot for years . A high mile Turbo has a better chance but not the same as a 997S .

Another huge difference is the price range . i don't know cabs as well as coupes so I'll give acoupe example . An 07 can MSRP for 130 and another 07 can MSRP for 160 new . Those options do make a difference on used appeal . Two cars may look alike but be very different .

I think the hardest part for me to swallow is that it's priced so high in contrast to the deals on other cars but if you must have the power monster .. the Turbo will get it done . It will be expensive though .

Last edited by yrralis1; 07-24-2009 at 01:08 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 09 C4S CAB or 08 Turbo?