997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

09 C4S CAB or 08 Turbo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 02:44 AM
shawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really nice
As a new proud owner of an '09 Turbo Cab, go for the Turbo, It really is a driving experience like no other...

Old 07-24-2009, 06:18 AM
NYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of light
I guess I'm trying to skip a step the progression of PCARITIS..and save myself a trade by getting a Turbo now...but PDK since my car has to be auto and the pending tip/change on the Turbo has made this decision more difficult than I had originally thought.

Larry you are right about the 100k+ used car..you really got to get it right. My 06 was a great deal, bought at 76k and sold last month for 67k in a years time...it was cheaper than the payments on my M3 If I go the Turbo route..I wont get by this cheap but I'm not going to sell this in a year either. I'm going to drive this one and not worry about crossing the 10k mile "barrier" and really take some trips in it...things I never got to do in the 06 so I want to get it right...this will be my keeper.

Old 07-24-2009, 02:18 PM
MTRX is infamous around these parts
I personally think C4S with PDK is a better car than Turbo with Tip... Of course Turbo with manual is a totally different story. New 997 offers more technology in it, better performance over previous 997 and better looks. The way I see it is there are 2 types of people, those that don't care about latest technology and all the bells and vessels in the car and all the care is how this car drives, and other other hand you have people that of cource care about driving experience but also care about latest technologies like PDK, touch screen nav etc. I don't see myself buying 100k+ car without ability to properly connect my iPod and end up retrofitting it. Although I'm going to be driving 08 turbo and 09 C4S and CS both with PDK today (already my 2nd time comparing those cars).

Old 07-24-2009, 02:28 PM
shawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really nice
If you can can find a good deal on an '09 Turbo, you get all the benefits of the updated touchscreen PCM, including XM, iPod integration and Bluetooth. I really like it a good deal better than the previous version.

Old 07-24-2009, 02:44 PM
Is PDK going to hit turbo cars in 2010?

Old 07-24-2009, 05:39 PM
Yes, although not official, that's indeed what the rumor is.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:29 PM
Just test drove 09 Turbo and 09 C4S with PDK. Both cars are superior and I would say have the same handling (more or less). Regarding power, of course Turbo feels faster but not much faster, I would say by 20%. PDK is great (this is my 2nd time driving it and I actually like it even more now) and offeres very fast shifting. I did notice rough downshifting from 2nd to 1st when on sport, but this did not bother me as I had the same issue on my SMG M3.

I was hoping to have a better idea of which car I will be getting after todays test drive, but I'm still lost... I know if I get C4S I will always be looking back at Turbos and wanting one, from other side C4S offers great PDK, newer updated look (although I still love turbos look) and is about $30K less.

I also fall in love with Atlas Gray color today, never really noticed it before.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:02 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MTRX
Just test drove 09 Turbo and 09 C4S with PDK. Both cars are superior and I would say have the same handling (more or less). Regarding power, of course Turbo feels faster but not much faster, I would say by 20%. PDK is great (this is my 2nd time driving it and I actually like it even more now) and offeres very fast shifting. I did notice rough downshifting from 2nd to 1st when on sport, but this did not bother me as I had the same issue on my SMG M3.

I was hoping to have a better idea of which car I will be getting after todays test drive, but I'm still lost... I know if I get C4S I will always be looking back at Turbos and wanting one, from other side C4S offers great PDK, newer updated look (although I still love turbos look) and is about $30K less.

I also fall in love with Atlas Gray color today, never really noticed it before.
I would only buy a Turbo if it was a coupe and a manual with intentions of modifying it . The best overall value car is the C2S and either PDK or manual works well .

Old 07-24-2009, 08:08 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Is PDK going to hit turbo cars in 2010?
Yes but the engine will change from the legendary Gt1 dry sump to an integrated engine to accomodate the PDK . Factoring in over a decade of success with the Gt1 .. this is a very big change and 150+K is a lot to plunk down on an unknown . Porsche has been able to hit home runs with new cars though and with this Turbo it might be great but no one knows yet . The Gt3 on the other hand will remain traditional . In fact that really is the car to get .. just don't expect to get a discount and with the current deals on the 997S it widens a pricing gap between the mainsteam Porsches and those which are more rare.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:09 PM
If I can justify $25k-$30k different between Turbo and C4S I would definitely for for Turbo. One thing I can suggest is not getting Turbo with Tip... You won't have a much driving experience with Tip plus when it comes ti selling it it will be very hard to sell.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:19 PM
If I can justify $25k-$30k different between Turbo and C4S I would definitely for for Turbo. One thing I can suggest is not getting Turbo with Tip... You won't have a much driving experience with Tip plus when it comes ti selling it it will be very hard to sell.
The C4S is basically an UNTurbo . 25K gets another 100 Hp.
With mods the Turbo really thrives . On a straight line rolling start it's in a league of its own . In terms of handling none of the AWD cars can compete with the 2WD unles its raining or snowing .

Different cars. different drives ,
Quoting another forum member "the Turbo is like a sledgehammer and the Gt3 is the samurai sword"

This type of logic can end up with two Porsches .

Old 07-24-2009, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by yrralis1
The C4S is basically an UNTurbo . 25K gets another 100 Hp.
With mods the Turbo really thrives . On a straight line rolling start it's in a league of its own . In terms of handling none of the AWD cars can compete with the 2WD unles its raining or snowing .

Different cars. different drives ,
Quoting another forum member "the Turbo is like a sledgehammer and the Gt3 is the samurai sword"

This type of logic can end up with two Porsches .
Are you trying to say that CS has better handling than C4S?

Old 07-24-2009, 08:41 PM
Are you trying to say that CS has better handling than C4S?
Yes .. it is . It's lighter and more nimble . I see no sense to a AWD C4S unless one likes the widebody aesthetics or lives in a rain or snow region .

On the Turbo .. the handling is also limited compared to a Gt2 . The strength of the Turbo having AWD is that the average driver can manage the high HP on in a street car and with mods the car can take 700 Hp without compromise . It's much like a jet low level flying . The Turbo impeller homogenizes the exhaust note , the AWD plants the wheels down , and with software, Turbo, suspension upgrades it is the most ferocious beast on a roll. You can look at my posts in the Turbo forum where I have taken my car to a highly sophisticated level .This was my last set of mods to complete the project. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...rformance.html

Last edited by yrralis1; 07-24-2009 at 08:45 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:13 PM
I guess I'm the kind of person that likes "widebody aesthetics". However I never really compared new CS with C4S side by side in terms of their handling. I guess I should do that. I was always under impression that C4S has little better handling.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:35 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
I can't comment on resale value, but I wouldn't trade the speed and power of the TT for the non-sport of the automatic. The lack of engagement (figuratively and literally) of an auto in a car like a Porsche is just a non-starter. Of course this is all subjective and by some metrics, the TT auto is faster than the TT manual so it's not without some merit.
I also agree that an AWD car has a marginally less sporty feel than a RWD car (though my experience is rather dated), as well as being burdened by extra weight.
So I would strongly recommend you reconsider that TT auto, and look at a PDK'd (which is surely not an automatic) CarreraS, or a Carrera4S if you feel strongly about the AWD or the nice rear fenders.
Again, all personal opinion. But if you highly prize the direct coupling of driver to car to road, it's approaching fact.

Last edited by Verde; 07-24-2009 at 09:39 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 09 C4S CAB or 08 Turbo?