997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

09 C4S CAB or 08 Turbo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 09:52 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
the TT auto is faster than the TT manual
I am going to split hairs on this. Part of me thinks that automatic tranny which just so happens to cost more was deliberately tested against a manual without the axle lock to sway the data and sell more automatics . Was this done to clear parts by a manufacturer gearing up for a PDK ? Was this done to sell more Tips? Or is it REALLY faster ?

Keep in mind that on 6speed a lot of Turbo owners are enthusiasts but in the real world many are not. It's more of a luxury power car in stock form (much like an AMG Benz ). Porsche could have built a 10 second car but they didn't which actually opened the door for the tuners to show Porsche what they could do to the car . Perhaps Porsche didn't want average drivers crashing cars on public roads so they built a tame car .

Of course I am just theorizing .

But these are some forum facts -- Even though the tiptronics can go fast and are certainly respectable the manuals have proven themselves too https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...standings.html

Old 07-25-2009, 01:05 PM
shawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really nice
When I purchased my Turbo Cab a few weeks back, I was faced with teh same dilemma. It ultimately boiled down to the fact that I just "wanted" a Turbo more. I like the looks of the Turbo in it's current incarnation better. Yes, I would have preferred the LED tail lights, but it wasn't enought to make me wait for the '10 or go for a '09 C4S. It's really just a matter of listenig to your inner voice and doing what pleases you most. For me, it was a combination of more power and the overall look of the Turbo. Plus, there is a strong liklihood that I will mod my ECU. That said, with the current GT1 engine block, another 80 HP and 80 lb/ft of torque are easily (and affordabily) available. Either way, you'll end up with one heck of a car!

Old 07-26-2009, 10:36 AM
MTRX is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by shawminator
When I purchased my Turbo Cab a few weeks back, I was faced with teh same dilemma. It ultimately boiled down to the fact that I just "wanted" a Turbo more. I like the looks of the Turbo in it's current incarnation better. Yes, I would have preferred the LED tail lights, but it wasn't enought to make me wait for the '10 or go for a '09 C4S. It's really just a matter of listenig to your inner voice and doing what pleases you most. For me, it was a combination of more power and the overall look of the Turbo. Plus, there is a strong liklihood that I will mod my ECU. That said, with the current GT1 engine block, another 80 HP and 80 lb/ft of torque are easily (and affordabily) available. Either way, you'll end up with one heck of a car!
This is exactly what I was going through and was I finally decided. I will be getting 09 Turbo with 6 speed. Just have to wait a bit till prices for slightly used turbos will go down a bit. I have a offer from my local dealer for a fully loaded 09 turbo which was 142k for 130k, it has less than 1k miles and is sold as new so I will have a full warranty, but I'm still thinking that this is not the best deal out there. But I did fall in love with Atlas Grey color..

Old 07-26-2009, 02:36 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
[quote=MTRX;2476433]This is exactly what I was going through and was I finally decided. I will be getting 09 Turbo with 6 speed. quote]

I would not argue this one bit !!! A 6speed Turbo coupe would be my first pick unless price /value ratio isa factor and then I would opt for the C2S coupe (manual or PDK) . But to make all the sacrifices to have a cab I woud pass.

Old 07-26-2009, 03:18 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
shouldnt a pdk turbo be coming out soon? that would just be a monster

Old 07-26-2009, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by wa1l1in
shouldnt a pdk turbo be coming out soon? that would just be a monster
The PDK Turbo will not be the same . First it is anticipated to have only 20 more Hp . Second , it will no longer have the dry sump engine and that's a big deal.

An even bigger issue is that the tuners have mastered the 996tt and 997tt quite well . Getting another 100-300 HP above stock in this new "integrated" engine may not be possible. In short --it may be that Porsche opted for cost cutting with the Turbo in favor of a more luxury style buyer . They kept it raw with the 2010 Gt3 though .. and that IMO wil be the last great legend of this Gt1 .

Old 07-28-2009, 03:21 AM
Fas1 is infamous around these partsFas1 is infamous around these parts
Here is a turbo cab that is $109,900 best offer it is also is automatic, and has 4,000 miles.

View larger picture

Old 07-28-2009, 01:44 PM
NYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of light
It may be a deal but I just couldn't do Brown.
Thanks for the lead though

Old 07-28-2009, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by NYCPCAR
It may be a deal but I just couldn't do Brown.
Thanks for the lead though

I hear ya . Porsche doesn't even have the courage to call it brown .. instead it's called "macadamia" .

Old 07-28-2009, 08:43 PM
NYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I hear ya . Porsche doesn't even have the courage to call it brown .. instead it's called "macadamia" .
I think there is a 09's that are of like odd colors, sitting and waiting to find a home. I don't think I could get by that color at almost any price.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:36 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Macadamia looks a little better in person when I've seen it (my opinion of course), but no way on a Turbo. Stock C2S Cab maybe, but no way on a Turbo.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:47 AM
shawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really nice
Yeah, I have to agree on Macadamia being a color that I would pass on it. It's somewhat interesting because it's new to the current color palette (yet clearly an homage to the 70's brown), but I have a feeling you would grow tired of it quickly.