997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

09 C4S CAB or 08 Turbo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 06:48 AM
NYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of light
09 C4S CAB or 08 Turbo?

Larry posted he is getting very weak with the prospect of buying again with the deals out there...got to tell you I got a few emails from some dealers because I have been looking that are making rethink my search.

Sold my 06 C4S Cab after a year of ownership because I wanted PDK. Then I drove a Turbo and I felt high the first time the boost kicked in.

As I search for a Turbo Cab/Tip(for the one day a year the wife drives the car..yeah, I know) I am back to where I was a year ago...wanting to buy, bad.

Made some good all cash offers on a 08 Turbo and dealers are trying to get 118k on a 8,000 to 12,000 mile car. I'm concerned that if i do the 08 I'll be faced with the same scenario I just went through with the 06.. having a Tip Turbo when the PDK come out..Modding is not a concern for me as it's our only car and the wife doesnt need 700hp.

2 dealers have offered an new 09 C4S Cab 125k MSRP for 108K..I'm getting weak as Larry would say. So...

-Do I get the 09 with PDK at a good price?
-Continue to search for a 08 Turbo?
-Do I wait until December after "cab season" is over and roll the dice on deals still being there?
-I would like to stay below 110k.

Thanks guys..

Last edited by NYCPCAR; 07-21-2009 at 11:59 AM.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:16 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Jeff, (correct me if I'm mistaken on the name)
My opinion is get the Turbo, I bought my S almost 2 yrs ago and vowed to never step into a Turbo in lieu of that high you speak of. However, about 2 months ago I broke my promise and while doing some work on a Turbo I had to test drive it, and I've never been the same since, LOL. So, I am looking to get into a turbo within the next few months and my suggestion is you do the same. If you get the C4S you will still dream of the turbo's power.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:34 PM
NYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of light
My friend said one simple phrase: Don't test drive a Turbo...you'll end up buying one.

I'm going to vist a few Turbos on Sat and one 09C4S...if the weather is nice...I could be in trouble

Originally Posted by dinorocz
Jeff, (correct me if I'm mistaken on the name)
My opinion is get the Turbo, I bought my S almost 2 yrs ago and vowed to never step into a Turbo in lieu of that high you speak of. However, about 2 months ago I broke my promise and while doing some work on a Turbo I had to test drive it, and I've never been the same since, LOL. So, I am looking to get into a turbo within the next few months and my suggestion is you do the same. If you get the C4S you will still dream of the turbo's power.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:44 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
The choce -
1) The amazing GT1 engine
Vs
2) The PDK technology .

Both cars can be bought for a great price with the 20 percent discount on a new car taking the lead .

The deciding factor -- If you plan on modding the Turbo then its the one. It will cost you at least 10 grand more to get it right . If you plan on remaining stock the PDK C4S wins although my vote goes to the C2S above it.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:01 PM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Jeff
i dont know where you are looking for TTs but the 07s are in the 80K range. The 08s should be around 95K. NOT 118!!!!!!!! I was doing the same thing till I decided to
go NEW with PDK also and got a C2S...
WAIT a Second You WANT a TIP??!! Get a couple and save the bazillion $
you dont want a cab in NYC do you?

Old 07-21-2009, 11:13 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Old Guy - There is no cab made in model year 07 . only coupes were made in that year. NYCPCAR wants a cab.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:18 PM
500 is infamous around these parts500 is infamous around these parts
'08 turbo tip w/sports chrono will still smoke an '09 pdk and you get the dry sump engine...I hope you get blk/blk (all my turbos were always blk/blk)

Old 07-21-2009, 11:54 PM
Originally Posted by 500
'08 turbo tip w/sports chrono will still smoke an '09 pdk and you get the dry sump engine...I hope you get blk/blk (all my turbos were always blk/blk)
I would not say 'smoke' . Stock to stock (no mods) this is my prediction . Keep in mind my Turbo has not been stock beyond the first 150 miles.

1) 0-60 I think the PDK car vs the Turbo would place the full monte on driver skill. The tip is fast but not as clean as the PDK. It's that close and I'd call it for the PDK. ( edit .. I correct myself on number 1)

2) 1/4 mile / The Turbo will win . Once those Turbos spool and the car hits 3rd with momentum it's outta here time .

3) On a 40 MPH rolling start --This is the Turbo's strongest race . Even stock it's a bad a$$ . Modded it's a momster. Heavily modded and it's bye bye to anything .

4) on the curves -- a C2s PDK will take the Turbo . The best analogy I heard was "one car is like pecision sword slicing up the road and the other is like a sledgehammer" .

conclusion -- I view an automatic cab much like a car for street cruizing and for the dollar at 20 percent off I just can not past this bargain .

A new Porsche 911 release car with a 20 percent discount is unprecedented in the multi decade history of this car .

Last edited by yrralis1; 07-22-2009 at 01:21 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:20 AM
500 is infamous around these parts500 is infamous around these parts
The 08 tt with six speed does 0-60 in3.4 and 0-100 in 7.9...with the tip and sc it's about a tenth or two faster... I'd be amazed to see an 09 Pdk C2S do these kinda #'s...remember its torque that gets a car off the line and the tt has it in spades over the na 997.2

Last edited by 500; 07-22-2009 at 12:23 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:35 AM
Stockton is just really niceStockton is just really niceStockton is just really niceStockton is just really nice
Turbo. DUH!

You are already giving up top performance with a Cab. At that point. TIP vs. PDK becomes irrelevant and the turbo will hurt your face from the grins!

Old 07-22-2009, 12:57 AM
Originally Posted by 500
The 08 tt with six speed does 0-60 in3.4 and 0-100 in 7.9...with the tip and sc it's about a tenth or two faster... I'd be amazed to see an 09 Pdk C2S do these kinda #'s...remember its torque that gets a car off the line and the tt has it in spades over the na 997.2
I stand corrected . I looked up the numbers. I guess I was trying to save him some money.
I thought the PDK would be faster to 60 being ligher with launch control too.

The stock Turbo was so quiet that it felt slower. 4.3 Vs 3.5 in real world driving is going up up his spending mojo because that's just the base car and the car does take to mods very easily.

Oh boy . NYCPCAR .. if you buy the Turbo I's like you to see my car and it may give you a hint at some of the things that can be done to enhance your cab . If you leave it stock you will never see its potential .
Even with these impressive stock numbers.. there is a Turbo world of mods and it is expensive but once done right you may keep that car for a very looooong time.

I have always said the ideal setup was to have more than one Porsche. yikes.

Last edited by yrralis1; 07-22-2009 at 01:03 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:20 AM
Ok -- TURBO !!!!!!! it is !!!

Old 07-22-2009, 05:25 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
steve,

I think LSM from chicago has a 08 turbo cab low miles 4 sale triple black. I will call him 4 u
Jim

Old 07-22-2009, 07:59 AM
Originally Posted by OldGuy
Jeff
i dont know where you are looking for TTs but the 07s are in the 80K range. The 08s should be around 95K. NOT 118!!!!!!!! I was doing the same thing till I decided to
go NEW with PDK also and got a C2S...
WAIT a Second You WANT a TIP??!! Get a couple and save the bazillion $
you dont want a cab in NYC do you?
I only drive 4000 miles per year during the summer months to my house at the beach, A cab along with TIP/PDK is the only way a can get this "approved" by the wife. SHe drove the 06 4 times in a year..I know,,,but we would divorce if I tried to teach her to row gears I use a zip car in the winter months ...I just don't drive that much..I would like to forgo the cab...but it's not gonna fly with the wife.

Some dealers are not willing to sell 08 Turbo/cab below the 115k mark..which puts me well within new C4S car...I like the wide body and it fits me a little better in the shoulder area...it just does..? The more I test drive PDK the more I can't believe the improvement over the Tip..shifts are so quick...and honestly..sitting in 3 hours of traffice to get down the to house on sunny days...the 1st gear/clutch dance would get to me at this point in my life.

So I am going to look at some cars this weekend with check book in hand..we will see. I will walk if it's not a great deal..this will be my last big car purchase for awhile..got to get it right.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:56 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
c'mon Jeff, TURBO TURBO TURBO, LOL, if you go to manhattan motorcars talk with Nader, he is a really down to earth and easy to deal with guy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 09 C4S CAB or 08 Turbo?