997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Please help me price this '07 4S Cab

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 11:43 PM
patrija is infamous around these parts
Thanks for all the insight! I emailed the guy in CA regarding that C4S Cab. I'm in Atlanta, GA ... so that is REALLY far to think about a private sale. I've also broadened my search area and found a few local C2S Cab's that I've emailed on.

Old 07-25-2009, 11:48 PM
Regarding the Boxster S, here's the quick specs:

2005 Boxster S
Arctic Silver / Black
24*** miles
Bose
Heated Seats
Tiptronic
6 CD Changer
Might be other options, but can't recall at the moment. (No Nav)
I'm the third owner.

The car was rear ended soon after purchase in 2005 (this is on car fax). The repair was completed by selling dealer, which is where I still take it for service.

The car just had a new engine installed last week which covered by Porsche NA, so that comes with a 2 year warranty from them.

Old 07-26-2009, 12:02 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by patrija
Regarding the Boxster S, here's the quick specs:

2005 Boxster S
Arctic Silver / Black
24*** miles
Bose
Heated Seats
Tiptronic
6 CD Changer
Might be other options, but can't recall at the moment. (No Nav)
I'm the third owner.

The car was rear ended soon after purchase in 2005 (this is on car fax). The repair was completed by selling dealer, which is where I still take it for service.

The car just had a new engine installed last week which covered by Porsche NA, so that comes with a 2 year warranty from them.
This all adds up to an auction car unless you find an idependent dealer who might pay more. Be prepared to be insulted on trade in numbers . I do not know boxter numbers but the low to mid 20's sound about right.

Old 07-26-2009, 05:48 AM
that's what I figured on the Boxster. I am hoping to walk out around $25k - their first offer was $21k.

Old 07-26-2009, 05:54 AM
The '06 C4S on Autotrader at $55k already has a deposit on it according to the owner. I asked him for additional insights.

Old 07-26-2009, 06:36 AM
NYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of light
Once the 2010's hit you'll have even more leverage. Buying from a non Porsche dealer is really no better than buying form private party...actually might be worse because as larry says you can't even speak with the owner.

The guy who bought my car asked me a myriad of questions and I provided him with the truth and straight forward answers. The deal was done in 2 days and he got a great car and he knew he got one. Point is, the mercedes dealer has no soul attached with this car and provides you with no benefit unless the your trade in is vital to your purchase.

So be patient but be ready to pull the trigger when the right car comes. Clean cars sell, the ones with stories sit.

Old 07-26-2009, 07:39 AM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
I guess the lesson here is used Porsches aren't worth much compared to when they were new. It never ceases to amaze me how much time is spent on these forums discussing the price of this Porsche or that and the comment that 10 K miles is the "first big hit" on the price is depressing indeed. The $ 25 K for your Boxster is on the high side particularly for one that was rear ended if you're looking for an addition discount on the price. Would suggest you don't over play your hand on the trade as any new buyer may come to this site and ask what a rear ended Boxster is worth and get advise not to buy it at any price. Given the number of used Boxsters currently on the market "look for a perfect one with no miles at half the price" is what they'll hear. Kind of hard to get lot's on money on your trade and a below cost price on the one you're buying at the sametime form a dealer.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:22 AM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
The '06 C4S on Autotrader at $55k already has a deposit on it according to the owner. I asked him for additional insights.
Wow, that was fast. I think it has only been listed for a very, very, short time.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:03 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dadio
I guess the lesson here is used Porsches aren't worth much compared to when they were new. It never ceases to amaze me how much time is spent on these forums discussing the price of this Porsche or that and the comment that 10 K miles is the "first big hit" on the price is depressing indeed. The $ 25 K for your Boxster is on the high side particularly for one that was rear ended if you're looking for an addition discount on the price. Would suggest you don't over play your hand on the trade as any new buyer may come to this site and ask what a rear ended Boxster is worth and get advise not to buy it at any price. Given the number of used Boxsters currently on the market "look for a perfect one with no miles at half the price" is what they'll hear. Kind of hard to get lot's on money on your trade and a below cost price on the one you're buying at the sametime form a dealer.
The 21K offer is actually not too bad . His current original posted deal is the low end of the trade plus the high end of the sale. Pretty common to see .. and a great starting point of negotiation .

He has one advantage trading in a Porsche on another Porsche . If the dealership insults him on his trade it reveals a statement on their car too . If he's at 67 but wants 65 and is at 21 but wants 25 he's 6 grand away . If he splits that disparity in half they will scratch their heads and let him walk --until last day of the month if the car isn't sold . Then if he calls them and even bends another 500 bucks they will bite.

They need him more than he needs them.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:25 AM
Received an email response and car is sold. It was a distress sale.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:30 AM
Another question which may show my lack of understanding of how dealers sell to each other.

The sales manager at the MB dealer told me he is good friends with the sales manager at my porsche dealer. This porsche dealer is where by boxster is from/service and also the original sales dealer for the 4S. If I can leverage their relationship, does anyone have experience or advice on my chances of running the purchase through the porsche dealer so they can CPO it for me?

Old 07-27-2009, 09:18 AM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Received an email response and car is sold. It was a distress sale.
That's why the price was where it was at. Sorry, wish I could have caught this earlier for ya.

Old 07-27-2009, 12:11 PM
tempexec is infamous around these parts
Hi to all. Regarding current sale prices on 07 C4S cabs, I sold mine privately about a month ago for $72,500. MSRP was around 112k, bought it new. Perfect condition and around 12k miles. C4S cabs are relatively rare right now in the resale market.

Old 07-27-2009, 12:47 PM
Thanks all for the input. My P dealer just got a 2006 C2S Cab in with 7k miles that looks very interesting. Specs are below:

B4 Carrara White
RA Special Leather Cocoa
P01L Adaptive Sport Sts Lthr Int
V5 Cocoa Top
342 Heated Front Seats
680 Bose High End Sound Package
CUC Painted Model Desig Rear Lid
640 Chrono Package Plus
666 Module for Telephone PCM
670 Navigation for PCM
498 Delete Model Designation
405 19" Carrera Classic Wheel
451 Makassar Str Whl Multifctn
801 Makassar Package
XJT Rear Center Console Makassar
M6C Cocoa Floor Mats
XSC Porsche Crest in Headrest
X54 Stainless Steel Exhaust Pipes

It is CPO from the dealer and I'm checking punch date. He's asking $68k, which seems way high.

Last edited by patrija; 07-27-2009 at 01:00 PM. Reason: cut/paste error
Old 07-27-2009, 02:39 PM
Thanks all for the input. My P dealer just got a 2006 C2S Cab in with 7k miles that looks very interesting. Specs are below:

B4 Carrara White
RA Special Leather Cocoa
P01L Adaptive Sport Sts Lthr Int
V5 Cocoa Top
342 Heated Front Seats
680 Bose High End Sound Package
CUC Painted Model Desig Rear Lid
640 Chrono Package Plus
666 Module for Telephone PCM
670 Navigation for PCM
498 Delete Model Designation
405 19" Carrera Classic Wheel
451 Makassar Str Whl Multifctn
801 Makassar Package
XJT Rear Center Console Makassar
M6C Cocoa Floor Mats
XSC Porsche Crest in Headrest
X54 Stainless Steel Exhaust Pipes

It is CPO from the dealer and I'm checking punch date. He's asking $68k, which seems way high.
Just for reference and I'm not sure how relevant this will be in your case, but:

Here's a 2006 C2S Cab that was at a Porsche dealer that I almost bought about three months ago. Decently loaded including full leather. Also note that it has a GT3 front bumper and PES GP7 wheels that are about $5k new. It also only had 2,800 miles on it. Dealer had it listed for $69k and I was able to negotiate it down to $62k.

Attached Images   

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Please help me price this '07 4S Cab