997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Please help me price this '07 4S Cab

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 04:50 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tempexec
Hi to all. Regarding current sale prices on 07 C4S cabs, I sold mine privately about a month ago for $72,500. MSRP was around 112k, bought it new. Perfect condition and around 12k miles. C4S cabs are relatively rare right now in the resale market.
That number makes more sense to me than some I have seen. Mileage is about right for a two year old PCar. Sounds like you got a fair price for this market and the buyer gets a car with 2+ years left on the original warranty. Any idea how many C4S Cabs were built in 2007 for US consumption ?

Old 07-27-2009, 05:04 PM
tempexec is infamous around these parts
I agree on your fair price comment, buyer actually is in Canada and he had several additional fees/taxes to pay plus had to pay shipping from Boston area to Vancouver BC so it actually cost him a lot more than the sale price. It took a few months to sell the car. Semi-educated guess on production numbers for 2007 C4S Cabs produced for US market would be in the 600-700 range. In terms of cars currently for sale on Autotrader etc I find the ratio is 15-20:1 C2S Cabs versus C4S cabs.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:29 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by patrija
Thanks all for the input. My P dealer just got a 2006 C2S Cab in with 7k miles that looks very interesting. Specs are below:

B4 Carrara White
RA Special Leather Cocoa
P01L Adaptive Sport Sts Lthr Int
V5 Cocoa Top
342 Heated Front Seats
680 Bose High End Sound Package
CUC Painted Model Desig Rear Lid
640 Chrono Package Plus
666 Module for Telephone PCM
670 Navigation for PCM
498 Delete Model Designation
405 19" Carrera Classic Wheel
451 Makassar Str Whl Multifctn
801 Makassar Package
XJT Rear Center Console Makassar
M6C Cocoa Floor Mats
XSC Porsche Crest in Headrest
X54 Stainless Steel Exhaust Pipes

It is CPO from the dealer and I'm checking punch date. He's asking $68k, which seems way high.
This is a very nice car but it is overpriced for an 06 . I see cabs in Florida but nothing looks great considering the price discounts on 09's .

That dealerhip is pricing an 06 car in 07 ask price territory . In fact he is even in 08 closing price range.

Old 07-27-2009, 11:37 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
targa ?

I just looked at your option list . Wood ? (Makkasar) .

So I started looking . This car caught my eye. It's got quality Champion wheels (not cheap) , looks clean , not a cab , not a coupe. Nicely optioned . It impressed me. Plus it's an 07 rather than an 06 and its ask price is lower than your cab. http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

Old 07-28-2009, 08:22 AM
patrija is infamous around these parts
That is another nice option! I've never quite decided if I like the Targas, but it is worth considering.

A general question regarding seats. Are the seats in my 2005 Boxster S the same as the standard seats in a 997.1 S? I have wide shoulders and find the standard seats in the Boxster S are ok, but they do hit my shoulders in an odd spot. Interestingly, the 997.1's I have tested so far all have adaptive sport seats, which are comfortable and definitely feel wider at the shoulders.

I did find another car to consider. Funny how I keep finding these wood cars!

2006 PORSCHE 911 CARRERA S CAB
VIN: WP0CB29956S765268
MSRP: $118,295
20,398 miles
CPO until 02SEP11
$57,500 (advertised price - no negotiation yet)

Seal Grey/Black
Full Leather
Power Seats
Supple Leather Front and Rear
Makasser Switch Panel
Makasser Steering Wheel, Multi-Function
Makasser Package
Makasser Door Finishers
Sport Shifter
PCCB
Sport Chrono Plus
Bose
Remote CD - 6 Disc

Old 07-28-2009, 02:40 PM
I've got the 4S in the original post down to $65k and likely going to pull the trigger tomorrow!

Old 07-28-2009, 03:55 PM
I've got the 4S in the original post down to $65k and likely going to pull the trigger tomorrow!
... and I hesitated too long. Dealer just called and car is gone. time too keep looking.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:41 PM
How flexible are you on color ? Is a C2S cab out of the question?

Old 07-29-2009, 07:40 AM
Last night I spent a good bit of time going through the 6 different cars I looked at this week to complile a list of options for the "perfect" purchase for me. This will be my DD, so creature comforts become more important. Here's what I came up with so far:

GENERAL
997 C4S or C2S Cab (prefer C4S simply for looks and resale)
6 Speed or PDK (expect PDK out of current budget reach)
Ext Color (no order): Lapis Blue, Midnight Blue, Baltic Blue, GT Silver, Atlas Grey, Seal Grey, Meteor Grey, Carrera White, Carmon Red, Black, Bassalt Black
Int Color: Black, Sand Beige, Natural Leather, Cocoa, 2 Tone (really like Black/Grey and Black Beige)
Lower mileage (< 20k)
2006+
1+ year left on warranty (CPO after 2008 is better)
Private party sale = No Sales Tax in GA

IDEAL OPTIONS
Adaptive Sport Seats (need the wider shoulder area)
Heated Seats
Auto-Dim Int/Ext Mirrors
Navigation
Full Leather
Rear Section Center Console Painted or Leather
BOSE
Porsche Wheels: Turbo, Carrera Sport

OTHER NICE OPTIONS
6CD
Stainless exhaust tips
Porsche Sport Exhaust
Multi-f(n) steeering wheel
Sport Chrono Plus

FINAL PRICING I EXPECT
2006 - mid 50's
2007 - high 50s to mid 60's
2008 - 70's

Last edited by patrija; 07-29-2009 at 10:55 AM. Reason: edits
Old 07-29-2009, 04:22 PM
My region is has low inventory . 09's you can get in the 80's which prices you out . Beyond price I looked at cars which I thought appear to be clean by reading the ad . Here's three ...

1)This car has been listed awhile and with this asking price I can see why . IMO the car is worth in the mid 60's . It does have a 4K Tubi exhaust and all the colors and options you want. http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

2)This car has had its price lowered and IMO it is the car to buy . Granted the red may not apeal to everyone and supple leather is old school but notice taht the driver is mature and that's a HUGE plus . Also the roads of that region are ideal and it has 5K champion wheels . I like this car in the low 60's . I also like the way the owner describes it http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

3) This car has some miles and it does have a CPO . It does have nice options but the price looks high . I see no other CPO cabs in the region and wanted to include one .http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

Last edited by yrralis1; 07-29-2009 at 04:24 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:38 PM
I've tried emailing the first two a few times, but no response yet. Will call.

I found another on Cars.com. It's a leased car, so I'm not sure how a purchase like that works. I guess he has to buy out the lease first for ownership?
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national

Old 07-29-2009, 04:42 PM
Question. If a car has heated, power seats ... reasonable to upgrade to power and heated Sport seats?

Old 07-29-2009, 04:44 PM
Your link did not work . Do not buy a leased car as it only adds another problem, the owner MUST have the title othewise he is selling a car that he does not even own.

Old 07-29-2009, 04:45 PM
Question. If a car has heated, power seats ... reasonable to upgrade to power and heated Sport seats?
Don't know --I live in Florida and never use heated seats .

Old 07-30-2009, 08:36 PM
this was an exciting day! I talked to 3 different PCar sellers and was likely to narrow to 1 car in FL to go look at this the weekend ... and then the MB dealer calls me back on the original 4S that start this thread! Their buyer changed his mind this afternoon to purchase an SL65 they took in trade. I'm next on the list and will head over tomorrow morning.

I also learned that this car was purchased from one of the 2 local P dealers here in Atlanta. It's from the "other" dealer than I deal with, so I called into there this afternoon. They were really nice and read through all the service records with me. Car was regularly detailed at the dealership and no issues beyond a few service items (horn and a light bulb).

Pictures at: http://cars.ajccars.com/Autos?proper...2F92647A_1.jpg

I don't want to jinx myself, but am VERY excited. Updates soon!

Last edited by patrija; 07-30-2009 at 08:58 PM. Reason: just adding more info

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Please help me price this '07 4S Cab