997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Another 1st time Porsche owner!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 09:24 AM
DW997s is a jewel in the roughDW997s is a jewel in the roughDW997s is a jewel in the rough
Congrats! Must feel great getting that first p car!

Old 07-29-2009, 09:36 AM
Jay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to behold
I'm glad everyone is enjoying the photos, thanks for the kind words as well!

JJG, the Fabspeed exhaust sounds great to me. I would have no clue how to video the sound and post it up, youtube might be your best bet for that.

jjc4scab, I didn't take any photos of the car covered in blue painters tape. I had every intention of documenting this process last Friday with photos. I brought my camera and extra batteries! But, with the excitement of picking up and driving my new baby, the pics were long forgotten. Once I got her into the garage after the long journey home, I wanted to yank that blue painters tape right away to prevent any extra stickiness. It was 100+ degrees out here in So Cal on Friday, luckily the painters tape came off easily with no residue left behind.

I can see everybody is enjoying the garage as much as the car! I completed the garage project a few months ago, it turned out fantastic as you can see. There is actually a message board for garage enthusiasts, you guys might get a kick out of it! I posted up photos of my completed garage, here is the link if you guys are interested:

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=38244

Thanks again for the positive feedback guys, I'm looking forward to being an active member in the 6speed family!

Sincerely,

Jay Jones

Old 07-29-2009, 09:46 AM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Congrats Jay on a nice pickup. Enjoy her in good health.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:26 AM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Jay Jones
I can see everybody is enjoying the garage as much as the car! I completed the garage project a few months ago, it turned out fantastic as you can see. There is actually a message board for garage enthusiasts, you guys might get a kick out of it! I posted up photos of my completed garage, here is the link if you guys are interested:

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=38244
Jay,

Garage forum here on 6speed as well. Might want to post up there as well since I'm sure many would love to see your work. Congrats again.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:33 AM
Jay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to behold
Hey JoeShark, thanks for bringing that to my attention! I have spent all of my time in the 997 Forum educating myself before my 1st Porsche purchase, I didn't even realize that 6speed had a garage forum! LOL! I will absolutely post some pics up later today in that forum.

Thanks again for the heads up!

Jay

Old 07-29-2009, 08:19 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Congrats Jay! I hoped you might heed my PM as well as the messages of others. Damn, that car is black! Righteous garage too! Really nice mods on that car, I presume the DME scan turned out a bit cleaner.
Griots Garage also sells that car "saran wrap". You'll be livin' out of that catalog with your black car, but loving it! I got the orbital polisher and really love it.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:56 PM
Hey ryem3, thanks you very much for your PM 2 weeks ago before my trip up to No Cal. I didn't have my 15 posts yet, so I wasn't able to PM you back! At the end of the day, everything turned out fantastic. I passed on the questionable DME car and ended up finding the absolute perfect Porsche for me!

Jay

Old 07-30-2009, 03:05 PM
Former Vendor
MishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice Congrats and enjoy it

Old 07-30-2009, 03:15 PM
Former Vendor
Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !
Jay,

Great buy, congrats! Thanks for sharing some pics. The Ruf front end gives it a nice look...

Old 11-22-2009, 04:12 AM
911 S is infamous around these parts
one of the best 911's i've ever seen!! congrats

Old 11-22-2009, 06:36 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
nice car, wheels, garage, color, etc......lol everything is a match....good luck with her, enjoy...

Old 11-22-2009, 07:58 AM
millsjq has a spectacular aura aboutmillsjq has a spectacular aura about
Welcom aboard, the garage journal is the best "garage" source online.

Old 11-22-2009, 10:37 PM
gtKnight is infamous around these parts
Gongrats and enjoy the car in good health.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:39 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
The car looks awesome !! I enjoyed reading the thread and want to wish you the best with this car .

Old 11-23-2009, 10:50 AM
DLJ
DLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to behold
Great Car, Great Garage/Mancave! Thoroughly enjoyed this thread. Enjoy the new ride!
PS: Any ideas on clearbra for the Pcar now? How do you like the Tubi/ any trouble coming and going with the neighbors?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another 1st time Porsche owner!