997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Couple G's to spend

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 09:48 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bara
boosting an engine not designed for boost is a no no in my book. you WILL affect its reliability/longevity.

all supercharger designs are inferior to turbo even if you did build yourself an engine.

TT's are coming way down in price. and you get a wide sexy body to boot

just some of the reasons...

so i respectfully agree to disagree
LOL BUT when you are already buried into a car why stop now?

Besides I do not like the AWD and the rear bumper of a turbo.....

I guess we can agree to disagree....funny thing is we both agree that a Porsche is ONE fine car...and that is all that matters,LOL....!

Stacy

Old 07-31-2009, 09:56 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cattman
Cats were committed to about an hour ago, so that's a done deal. The alcantara interior bits were purchased, too, although I think it was a waste.
did you buy Bara's cats? If so good move, you will love them.

BTW, forget the bling! Go for performance.

Old 07-31-2009, 10:04 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Obviously I'm going to be a bit partial here since I have them on my car, but I think the TechArt side skirts help balance out the look of the car. Notice where the back of the skirts meets the rear fender. I think it brings the eyes down the side of the car and directs the car to the area of the 997 that looks best, the hips.

Here's two pic's of a 997 with the GT3 front bumper. The first pic on the left is my car with the skirts, the second is one without the skirts.

Again, just my opinion.

Attached Images   
Old 07-31-2009, 10:31 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I like everything except the alcantara shift/brake . I know that its very sport oriented but it is also more difficult to clean and with the hands on nature of it I see germs , filth, bacteria every time I look at those items.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:10 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
I'm a big fan of the GT3 front bumper. It really changes the look of the car in a very positive way. I've received many compliments on the look since adding one. OTOH, I really don't much care what others think. I really like it.
I also added the Alcantara bits - including the wheel. I think the stuff has an excellent tactile feel, doesn't get hot or cold, and looks great and different. I read of many mixed opinions about the stuff, but I remain a big fan. OTOH, if I were to do it again, rather than get the Porsche A-wheel, I'd get mine refinished in Alcantara (there was a post about it recently) so it could be thicker than the OEM GT3 wheel.
I've also really been pleased with the Damptronics. In fact the single best mod I've done. But you're looking for 'show' this round.
High-flow cats are appealing but I'm very concerned about the added noise so I suspect I'll never take that step.
Finally, as evidenced by the performance and drive-ability of my Ford GT, I beg to differ on the value and capabilities of the supercharger. SC's versus TT's offer a completely different performance profile and can be tuned to put much less stress on the motor than a TT'd engine. There is no way you could safely TT a stock 997 motor without internal modifications, but at modest boost levels going with an SC should be quite viable. TT's do offer that thrilling high-end hit rather than the low- to mid-range hit of a SC. But that same tradeoff gives the SC'd car more accessible performance.

I've done a lot already, mostly go, no show:
AH mufflers, SSK, Chip, Plenum, EVOMS CAI, v1, laser blinders, and I forget the rest. So far, it's all go, no show, so I will soon add an aero kit of some sort.

What do you think of my next mods to do in August:
-AWE cats (obvious choice given all the other "go" mods I have already
-Alcantara shifter & ebrake (suncoast steal of a deal for $599)
-GT3 OEM front bumper
-Techart sides
-Misha GT3 or GT2M wing

I am typically prone to performance mods, but lately, I want to add some "show" to my "go". Help me prioritize and get my head straight! And yes, I know that I should have gone straight for the SC long ago.
CATTMAN

Old 08-01-2009, 06:08 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by justatoy
LOL BUT when you are already buried into a car why stop now?

Besides I do not like the AWD and the rear bumper of a turbo.....

I guess we can agree to disagree....funny thing is we both agree that a Porsche is ONE fine car...and that is all that matters,LOL....!

Stacy
yes

Old 08-01-2009, 07:25 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Verde
Finally, as evidenced by the performance and drive-ability of my Ford GT, I beg to differ on the value and capabilities of the supercharger. SC's versus TT's offer a completely different performance profile and can be tuned to put much less stress on the motor than a TT'd engine. There is no way you could safely TT a stock 997 motor without internal modifications, but at modest boost levels going with an SC should be quite viable. TT's do offer that thrilling high-end hit rather than the low- to mid-range hit of a SC. But that same tradeoff gives the SC'd car more accessible performance.
Just wonder, what is an approximate price of VFE Supercharger now?

Old 08-01-2009, 08:02 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by utkinpol
Just wonder, what is an approximate price of VFE Supercharger now?
New it's $12.5K US.
Used market is $4-6k.
CATTMAN

Old 08-02-2009, 06:34 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
New it's $12.5K US.
Used market is $4-6k.
CATTMAN
could you post here some links to its schematics details and install instructions on this thing? I just curious how exactly it fits into place, tried to look at EVO site but did not find much.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:29 AM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by utkinpol
could you post here some links to its schematics details and install instructions on this thing? I just curious how exactly it fits into place, tried to look at EVO site but did not find much.

Evo and VF designed/built the kit for VF,however they have parted ways and Evo has nothing to do with it anymore(or at least that is my understanding)
Go to VF's (vf engineering) or TPC racing site.
http://www.tpcracing.us/
http://www.vf-engineering.com/
And before you ask which is better.......do a little search there has been tons of discussion threads!
I do believe that TPC has also done their tuning differently on the latest version!

Here are a couple of links:

My thread:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...elf-style.html

and last VF's build

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-sc-build.html

TPC's
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...s-atp-2-a.html

Hope that helps you!

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 08-02-2009 at 09:31 AM.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by justatoy
Evo and VF designed/built the kit for VF,however they have parted ways and Evo has nothing to do with it anymore(or at least that is my understanding)
Go to VF's (vf engineering) or TPC racing site.
http://www.tpcracing.us/
http://www.vf-engineering.com/
And before you ask which is better.......do a little search there has been tons of discussion threads!
I do believe that TPC has also done their tuning differently on the latest version!

Here are a couple of links:

My thread:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...elf-style.html

and last VF's build

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-sc-build.html

TPC's
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...s-atp-2-a.html

Hope that helps you!

Stacy
Thanks, wonderful source of info.
For me there is a little chance to accomplish same level of install, so it will come down to finding good shop to get it done that may be complicated, well, in case if I will decide on going down that path.

It is really impressive to see what you have accomplished. Truly a respectful job well done.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:22 PM
peter_797 is infamous around these parts
Hello,
Newbie here, one question since you guys are on the topic of mods. GT3 style rear wings are cool, but, which company makes some smaller sized wings for the 997 C2S.
Thanks

Old 08-02-2009, 09:56 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
all good and will make you fall in love with your car again but here is what I would go for

1) AWE cats (obvious choice given all the other "go" mods I have already) for sound and power. YOU CAN'T SEE THE BUMPER WHEN YOU DRIVE BUT YOU CAN HEAR YOUR CAR
2) Misha GT3 or GT2M wing I would go for a wing before front spoiler
3) GT3 OEM front bumper
4) Techart sides the bumper and the wing will make way bigger difference
5) the ****, I have never been big fan of alcantara but if you want to change the **** god for the RUF one I totally love mine

good luck