997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

New Vorsteiner wheels for the 997!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 04:55 PM
skizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud of
New Vorsteiner wheels for the 997!

I finally receive the new wheels for the Porsche. (Big thanks to Ultimate Audio in Orlando for all their help with sourcing the wheels).

They are the new design V301 Vorsteiner wheels. They are 20x8.5 in the front and 20x12 in the rear. High polish lip, brush spokes with clear. 3 piece forged wheels. Michellin PS2 Sport tires, 245/30/20 front and 305/25/20 rear. One nice thing about the design of the wheel, is they are a directional wheel, so the wheels on the left and right match the direction they should be traveling. Pictures will explain. I am still waiting to hear back from Vorsteiner as I really ordered the original style V301 and they shipped me these. Even though I think they came out good, I still hope they come through on helping me out as they are not quite what I ordered. I am waiting to hear back from them.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:24 PM
ishmerc is infamous around these parts
good looking wheels ,I saw it today at the Premier opening

Old 08-01-2009, 05:49 PM
JJG
JJG is infamous around these parts
Nice wheels, did you need spacers to fit the 245s, 305s? Those are widebody sizes right?

Old 08-01-2009, 06:26 PM
skizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by JJG
Nice wheels, did you need spacers to fit the 245s, 305s? Those are widebody sizes right?
No spacers, the 245 is just slightly wider then the stock 235 size tire and I already had 305's on the car from when I had my 19's. The offsets make the wheels sit pretty flush and no rubbing of course.

Old 08-01-2009, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by ishmerc
good looking wheels ,I saw it today at the Premier opening
You saw my car?

Old 08-01-2009, 06:58 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
skizot,

Great looking wheel. Goes well with your aero pieces on the car and nice and agressive with the car lowered.

What do you mean that these are not the original wheels you were looking at? Got pic's of the one's you really wanted? These look pretty hot to me and I know you waited awhile for them.

Old 08-01-2009, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by JoeShark
skizot,

Great looking wheel. Goes well with your aero pieces on the car and nice and agressive with the car lowered.

What do you mean that these are not the original wheels you were looking at? Got pic's of the one's you really wanted? These look pretty hot to me and I know you waited awhile for them.
Joe, Vorsteiner updated the same style wheel and have since removed the pictures of what they originally looked like. You can still see some thumbnails of the older design by searching for v301 vorsteiner. The older style had more external bolts showing and a more tapered look. They are very similar to these. The old style however was not directional. That was a downside. Now they are real directional wheels. Neverthless just not what I thought I ordered. Again Vorsteiner has been nice and I waiting to hear if they will perhaps give me some good faith discount seeing as I am keeping the wheels. We will see.

Old 08-01-2009, 07:23 PM
Porsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nice
Great looking wheels, they really compliment the aggressive lowered look.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:56 PM
strife_wy has a spectacular aura aboutstrife_wy has a spectacular aura about
i like them a lot... they look like sport technos but with a polished lip... beautiful

Slightly off-topic but what brand of exhaust tips do you have on your car?

Old 08-02-2009, 04:39 AM
Originally Posted by strife_wy
i like them a lot... they look like sport technos but with a polished lip... beautiful

Slightly off-topic but what brand of exhaust tips do you have on your car?
Fabspeed tips

Old 08-02-2009, 11:03 AM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JJG
No there not. There appears to be a lot of misconceptions about the widebody (1" wider heavy mobiles, RS excluded of course.... I kid I kid).

Widbodies except for the RS and 2 use the same tire sizes as the narrow bodies. In fact they use the same wheels sizes as well and usually come from the factory with spacers to push the wheels out.

He mentioned above but the 245 is actually a wider than stock tire size... probably with intention of making the car a little more neutral.

Jason

Last edited by JEllis; 08-02-2009 at 11:05 AM.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:33 PM
I was contacted by Vorsteiner and in keeping with their good name and in keeping with great customer service, they have agreed to provide an acceptable resolution to my concerns. I think based on principal alone, this is the type of service I was expecting in the first place and glad they were able to come through. Thank you again Vorsteiner!

Old 08-03-2009, 09:35 PM
RedlineMotorworks is infamous around these partsRedlineMotorworks is infamous around these parts
Wheels look fantastic!

I prefer the version 2 V-301 much more since they are a true directional wheel.